Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THOSE EVIL GAMEZ

4 posters

Go down

THOSE EVIL GAMEZ Empty THOSE EVIL GAMEZ

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:49 pm

As many of us game-playing people here know, there are a ton of waggy-fingered ignorant people out there who think video games as a whole are bloody, gory, shoot-everyone-you-see murderfests that will corrupt people. Yet they seem to leave watching TV, which is a much more mindless pastime, alone these days. Us people who actually know better know that this is utter garbage, and we like to rant about it.

THIS IS WHERE WE SHALL DO SO.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32722

Back to top Go down

THOSE EVIL GAMEZ Empty Re: THOSE EVIL GAMEZ

Post by Jewelsky Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:51 pm

AAAAAAAAAGH
First off, my favorite games. Mario games.
IT'S ABOUT A PLUMBER SAVING A PRINCESS IN A POOFY PINK DRESS. THAT'S SO GORY.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:56 pm

YES.

And whatever happened to Mario being the face of all games? Dx It used to be that when people thought of games, they thought of Mario... Now they think of some cold, dirty dude blowing peoples' heads off. WHAT HAPPENED?
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Whitefeather wrote:YES.

And whatever happened to Mario being the face of all games? Dx It used to be that when people thought of games, they thought of Mario... Now they think of some cold, dirty dude blowing peoples' heads off. WHAT HAPPENED?
Mentally unstable people shooting up places, that's what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Because shooting zombies makes for a GREAT plotline. Right...?
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Princess Zelda wrote:
Whitefeather wrote:YES.

Mentally unstable people shooting up places, that's what happened.
Exactly, and because of those unfortunate cases, that's instantly how all games are, and that's how they make everyone act. .___. People are so quick to judge.

Last edited by Whitefeather on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:44 am

Not only do people judge video games like that, most teens LIKE video games like that, or they wouldn't be popular and the new "face of video games". How do you ENJOY a game where all you do is KILL? Is killing THAT fun?
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Apparently, and if it's not a killing game, they think it's "kiddy". xP Believe it or not, one reviewer back in the 90's said that EarthBound would have been good if it was "more violent"... I mean... what? EarthBound doesn't NEED that. It actually has a story and a unique quirkiness to it. And yes, it can be plenty intense when it needs to be, too.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:24 pm

A game that doesn't involve shooting everything in sight doesn't have to be built for 3-year-olds. The ending of Super Mario Galaxy was actually really emotional for me; I'm sure most of the Mario fanatics out there will agree.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:16 pm

I agree as well. In addition, the Rosalina's Storybook was one of the most emotional things I have ever experienced in a Mario game as well.
But most "gamers" considered the storybook pointless, so I guess all the merciless shoot-em-up bloodbaths rendered them unable to feel anything.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 am

Ugh, yes. Rosalina's Storybook was emotional to the few who don't care about murdering stuff over and over again, but to those heartless people, it was NOTHING. Their brains were numbed by their "awesome" kill-everything-on-the-level games.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:06 pm

So many games are like that, too: emotional and actually carry value in the story that draws you in, attaches you to the characters... it's like a book, structurally with the plot, anyhow. An interactive novel that is supposed to leave you with fulfillment in accomplishing something.

And to those who say games can't be emotional, interesting, fun, or even affect you in a way you probably haven't been before, I dare them to go play Mother 3 and say they felt nothing.

I. DARE. THEM.
BECAUSE THEY'LL FAIL.
BECAUSE MOTHER 3 IS SO STUPIDLY EMOTIONAL THAT I CAN'T EVEN.

And people think Call of Duty is the pinnacle of all games... Bleh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:14 pm

OMG YES. Mother 3... That right there is the Mother series at its most intense; it delivers a spinning martial arts kick to your heart, yet still has that unique, fun quirkiness to it. All without the excessive, unnecessary ultra-violence for the sake of ultra-violence.
And because of that last bit I mentioned, plus the graphical style, people probably dismiss it as "kiddy". xP Never mind the actual game itself being full of serious stuff.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:27 pm

DON'T JUDGE GAMES BY THEIR COVERS.
Because what's INSIDE matters. It can mean a lot to you and change your world forever. But if you're the kind of stupid person who NEEDS a kill-this-kill-that game, then I guess not. Have fun with your guts spilling over the screen, "gamers".
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:52 am

Ooooh man yeah >.< Once when I was a child my parents pulled me and Stealth away from a POKEMON GAME saying that they were EVIL! THEY ARE NOOOT >.< Needless to say we were confused, but way too young to     A: confront them, and B: come up with a good argument if we did confront them. 

Well... Look at us now, happy pokemon players :D 

(SOOO sorry for posting on an old thread. I was bored, thumbing through old threads, and I really wanted to post on this one for who knows what reason xD)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33034

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 am

Oh WHOA 0-0

To be clear, the reason mom pulled us away from Pokémon (we were watching what I THINK was Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2) was because another mom had told her that the monsters were based on Japanese gods and demons. and let's be honest some of them kinda are and then when I was older a combination of factors made me interested again: Chuggaaconroy's LP's, learning about Missingno (an epic glitchmon can't be a demon, right?), the hunt for an awesome story about Missingno's lore, which led me to this cool story, and Sarah soon pushing for us to get Pokémon Colosseum (because we had a Wii and didn't wanna buy a new console, and Chugga just LP'd it.) And yeah!

Honestly, I would suggest that you do listen to your parents about games and stuff, especially if you're like, 11 years old and impressionable. However, encourage your parents to really research the game before they come to a conclusion. Have them learn, on their own terms, about the story, the characters, the morals, and whatever else has them concerned.

If after all that research they still say no, then it's reasonable. Of course, after you're older and they decide you're mature enough and trustworthy enough to pick your own media carefully, then they can't give their permission anymore--only their blessing. So it becomes basically irrelevant.

Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17717

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down