Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions

4 posters

Go down

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Redfeather Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 am

Heya :D It's Redddddd

I can't help but want to express some suggestions have about the site c:

Suggestions (Stars are next to the important/easy to do ones)

• *Add profile fields to users. A field which allows users to put their WI username and their warrior name would be really handy for identifying each other ^^
    ~ Users & Groups > Profiles > Profile Fields - Scroll to the bottom of the fields and click the little green plus sign.

• Edit navbar. The Navbar looks a bit... idk how to say it. Maybe you could find different buttons to use or make your own? The font and colours on this one aren't so great... Also, it'd be nice if the buttons would highlight if you roll your mouse over them.

• Forum Icons? I think the forum icons are great, but make sure it's not copyrighted. Otherwise, keeping them is a fine idea.

• Background/colour/theme edits... The background and colours don't seem to fit all that nicely together. The tree background that is currently tiled there would be fine if the forum boxes didn't look so grey and black. Maybe if you change the colours around on the forum it would look a bit nicer?

• Add a favicon. Favicons are the little symbols your website has on the tabs at the top {I'm pretty sure}. You should add one, maybe a paw print or claw scratches. Just something so it isn't a speech bubble :P

• *Hidden forums. CloudClan and LightningClan should have hidden forums to discuss secret Clan stuff C: (Of course, there should be a staff forum too if there isn't already)
    ~ General > Categories and forums - Make new forum (I.e. CloudClan Camp). Click the permissions button for the forum. Check off the rights to give permission to whichever group.

• **Staff list. Members of any site want to know who has access to the administration panel.
    ~ Make a thread, call it "Staff List" and right who the staff members are - particularly who has access to the administration panel. Links to the listed profile would be also be great c:

• **Add mah running fursona x3 http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/members/sarahstuffies9-13381210/albums/running+cat+avatars/340342-redfeather.gif

• *Take away some forums. There are too many, so they few amount of threads in each makes the site look even smaller. You can always add more forum later. So, perhaps merging 'Other RPs' would be easiest, Animals Stories and Stories should merge (Maybe even with Ancient Art tunnels since it's still creative stuff). I'm not sure about the StreamClan and SunClan boards, as in I don't understand so idk about those.

Yeah, I think those are all c: I don't mean any offense if any of these ideas conflict with those of another, I just wanted to give my input Very Happy

Last edited by Redfeather on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 9 times in total
Redfeather
Redfeather
Warrior

Herbs : 1
Fresh-kill : 19591

http://googlesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

Redfeather wrote:Edit navbar. The Navbar looks a bit... idk how to say it. Maybe you could find different buttons to use or make your own? The font and colours on this one aren't so great... Also, it'd be nice if the buttons would highlight if you roll your mouse over them.
Actually, we did that already. The buttons used to be different, so on request, I made new ones. So yes, I made those ugly buttons.
[I wish I knew how to delete them out of my album on here once we change them... It irks me that they just go to the backup folder. =__=]
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32617

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Whitefeather wrote:
Redfeather wrote:Edit navbar. The Navbar looks a bit... idk how to say it. Maybe you could find different buttons to use or make your own? The font and colours on this one aren't so great... Also, it'd be nice if the buttons would highlight if you roll your mouse over them.
Actually, we did that already. The buttons used to be different, so on request, I made new ones. So yes, I made those ugly buttons.
[I wish I knew how to delete them out of my album on here once we change them... It irks me that they just go to the backup folder. =__=]
It's not that they're ugly, but the writing doesn't stand out well enough with the background colours. If the writing were smaller and differently coloured it might look better. Maybe the use of a different font would help as well? I'm not sure, I'm not that good at design.
Redfeather
Redfeather
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Woah! Don't go flooding me with complaints. I'm only 11, there's only so much I can do xD
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 27856

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 am

StarClan Roseblossom wrote:Woah! Don't go flooding me with complaints. I'm only 11, there's only so much I can do xD
Not complaints, ideas :P

I can help you if you are unsure how to do any of them.

For a start, until you find a permanent favicon you can use something like this:
Suggestions Ogkgg4 or Suggestions 5p0i0mor Suggestions 2efjnk6

Redfeather
Redfeather
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:11 am

Redfeather wrote:
Whitefeather wrote:
It's not that they're ugly, but the writing doesn't stand out well enough with the background colours. If the writing were smaller and differently coloured it might look better. Maybe the use of a different font would help as well? I'm not sure, I'm not that good at design.
Ohhhh. I think I made the font that big just to be sure it wasn't too small. It ended up really huge... o3o Also, I tried to make the buttons look almost like wood.
Do you think more brightly-colored buttons would be better? [I wouldn't make them, though, of course... I don't want to upload any more buttons to the album I can't 100% delete stuff from. xP It freaks me out.]
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32617

Back to top Go down

Post by Whispy Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:45 pm

I think the site is alright how it is now. c:

If we can get around, and we're happy with it, I think we don't really need to worry about dong anything else. <3
Whispy
Whispy
The Ultimate

Herbs : 8
Fresh-kill : 19538

Back to top Go down

Post by Redfeather Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Whitefeather wrote:
Redfeather wrote:
Whitefeather wrote:
Ohhhh. I think I made the font that big just to be sure it wasn't too small. It ended up really huge... o3o Also, I tried to make the buttons look almost like wood.
Do you think more brightly-colored buttons would be better? [I wouldn't make them, though, of course... I don't want to upload any more buttons to the album I can't 100% delete stuff from. xP It freaks me out.]
It's probably fine, I'm sure it's better than what was there previously :P
I like the wooden affect you gave it, I think maybe what seems 'off' about it to me is probably just in comparison to the black headers the forums have. If the headers of the forums were the same (or of similar) colour; I think the navbar would look great.

Whisperbreeze wrote:I think the site is alright how it is now. c:

If we can get around, and we're happy with it, I think we don't really need to worry about dong anything else. <3
But it doesn't hurt to decorate and improve ^.^
Redfeather
Redfeather
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down