Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm

"That's what it seems to be," Robin explained. "See? It looks like one page, but there's this thing that you press..." As he spoke, he took the display model in his hand and searched for the button. "I think it's... this one?" he murmured, pressing a button toward the side with a right-facing arrow design. As he did so, the words on the page suddenly changed. "Aha! See? It changed! Instead of turning the pages, you just do... that!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32722

Back to top Go down

The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:48 pm

As the words displayed on the object suddenly changed, Lucina's eyes widened with surprise, despite having already heard about this behavior from Robin. "How strange...!" She exclaimed, lightly stroking the side of the object with her finger. "I wonder what kind of magic could have been used to create this..."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28062

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:59 pm

"That's exactly the question that came to my mind, too," noted Robin. All of a sudden, as he was holding the object and speaking to his friend, his thumb accidentally slipped and pressed another button. This caused the page to suddenly show several small, rectangular images that appeared to be book covers. "Gwah!" he shouted in surprise. "Oh goodness, what did I do?!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:31 pm

"I'm not sure..." Lucina responded confusedly, staring at the object's current display. "It appears to be displaying illustrations that resemble books, suddenly, but... why?" She continued, rubbing a finger on her chin as she spoke. "It can't be broken... can it?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:50 pm

"I HOPE not!" Robin groaned. Just then, some writing on the sign caught his eye. "Huh? It says here... 'Hundreds of books in the palm of your hand...'?" With a baffled expression, he turned his attention back to the device in his hand. "Maybe this is one of its powers? The power to contain hundreds of books at once...! But... But how in the world do I open them...?!" Confusedly, he began to poke at the book covers on the screen with his finger, though this had no effect.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:11 pm

"Hundreds of books...?" Lucina echoed, looking quite bewildered. "This item has some interesting qualities, for sure." After she finished speaking, she simply watched as Robin began to poke at the screen. "It doesn't appear to be changing at all," she noted after a moment. "I wonder what we're doing wrong...?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:17 pm

"Hm..." Robin thought for a moment. "Well... It IS a magical object... Perhaps it responds to magic?" He momentarily closed his eyes, waving his free hand over the object. All of a sudden, the device began to float before him, surrounded in a soft, blue glow. His eyes opened once again, and he continued to slowly wave his hands about in front of him. As he levitated the mysterious item, he appeared to be focusing extremely hard, gritting his teeth. "Hnnnngh..."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:39 pm

"You do have a point..." Lucina noted, trailing off and observing as Robin began to levitate the item. She had no idea that this could potentially harm it, however.

Nearby, various other customers noticed this and began to mutter amongst each other, a few letting out surprised gasps.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:06 pm

"HEY! YOU! STOP!"
All of a sudden, a bookstore employee came running up to Robin. "What do you think you're doing?!"

When this happened, Robin jumped slightly, then simply froze, staring at the the employee who came running. Unfortunately, when he was caught by surprise, this interfered with his focus. As a result, the blue glow surrounding the object faded, and it fell to the floor.
Robin cringed when he saw the object fall. "O-oops," he murmured nervously.

This seemed to irritate the employee even more. "Oh, NOW look at what you've done! If it's broken, I swear..." With an exasperated sigh, he bent down to pick the device up off of the floor.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:31 pm

"Oh goodness..." Lucina murmured under her breath, teeth momentarily clenching together as she watched the object collide with the floor. Almost immediately afterward, she turned her attention to the bookstore employee. "I apologize, sir; we honestly didn't realize that we were causing any harm to this... item," she tried to explain. "Our only intention was to figure out how it works."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:54 pm

"I-I'm sorry; I-I didn't mean to-...!" Robin stammered, fearing the worst. However, he was interrupted mid-sentence.
"You're lucky... It still works." With a sigh, the employee placed the object back into its holder. "Just... don't touch anything else if you're not going to be careful with it, okay? Any more trouble, and I'll have to ask you to leave."
Robin let out a huge sigh of relief. "Oh good; it's okay... Uh..." Now feeling quite awkward, he looked around a bit before continuing to speak. "W-while you're here, I actually have a question."
"Yes?" The employee simply stood and listened.
"This... magical... book-like... object," Robin began, unsure of what to call the item. "How much gold do you want for it?"
At this, the employee gave him a slightly-strange, puzzled look. "Excuse me?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Name: Rocket Raccoon

What is this character from? (If an OC just say OC): Guardians of the Galaxy

Species: Why, Rocket Raccoon is obviously a sea cucumber! :D ............. he's a raccoon.

Age (or general age range (eg. mid-teens, twenties)) (Optional): Human years: 20-something. In raccoon years, IDK. *shrug*

Appearance: A raccoon that walks on two legs. He has a very official-looking Guardians of the Galaxy uniform, he has robotic parts on his spine that allow him to take some damage and walk upright, and you can tell who he is because he's the one with the giant bazooka. That and the fact that he's a raccoon.

Personality and traits: He's very trigger-happy and loves to blow stuff up. He's a tough guy with a sharp wit who will ultimately do the right thing, but will break many rules along the way for the greater good. Raccoons don't have very long lifespans, so he's willing to sacrifice it all for the very few friends he has. He tries to stay professional, but bringing up his past or mocking his species will make him VERY angry. Did I mention that he likes to blow stuff up?

Abilities/powers/talents/etc. (optional): He's small, so he can sneak in and out of places with ease. Rocket is extremely street smart and knows how to read people and who to trust. He's an expert with weapons, as well as breaking out of intergalactic prisons. People tend to underestimate him for obvious reasons... until he pulls out his bazooka. He is also a surprisingly good driver and pilot.

Other: He's a raccoon with a bazooka. In case I didn't make it clear :D
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42449

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:38 pm

(Welcome to the RP, Vineh. :D)

Lucina, too, let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that the object was still working, even after everything it had went through. "I think my friend here would like to purchase the object." She added simply at the sound of the employee's seemingly puzzled 'excuse me?'. She hadn't exactly realized why he sounded the way he did, and looked rather confused, herself.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:11 pm

(Welcome~)

"Yes, exactly," Robin chimed in, nodding. "I'd like to purchase one."

"Okay then," replied the employee, taking a box from the table and heading to the counter.

Robin followed after the employee, but when they got to the counter, a thought crossed his mind. "Er, hang on; could you please explain to me how to use this... item?"

"Well," the employee responded, "I'd suggest reading the included manual before using it. It'll explain everything."

"Manual...?" Robin whispered to himself, unfamiliar with the term. "Er, excuse me, but... What's the... manual?"

A look of serious disbelief appeared on the employee's face. "... A little book?"

"OH!" Robin gasped. "I see; that must be the tome containing the spells needed to fully control the object! I should have known; how else would one generally control a magical object like that?"

The employee had no idea how to respond to this. He simply stared at Robin with an even more intense look of disbelief than before.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Lucina quickly followed Robin and the employee to the counter, simply listening to the conversation between them for a moment. Upon noticing the employee's look of utter disbelief, however, she decided to chime in, herself. "Oh yes... I believe we've yet to find out how much gold this object costs." She noted, glancing at the box of the mysterious item.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 pm

The employee decided to just answer normally. "Uh... That'll cost you about... one-hundred-and-fifty dollars."

Robin was, once again, confused by this unfamiliar term. "Uh... I'm sorry; we don't use that currency in the land we came from... B-but I brought some gold!" He took out a little sack of gold coins, then began to place them on the counter, one-by-one. "Are these acceptable...?"

"Yes, yes, that's fine," replied the shopkeeper, putting his hand up to stop Robin before he offered one gold coin too many. "This isn't... usual... but I guess it would be fine this time."

"Ahhh, yes!" Robin pushed the little pile of gold coins forward, then took the object he had purchased. "Thank you so much; have a nice day." With this, he left the store with his purchase.

As this bothersome customer finally left, the employee let out a sigh of relief.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:18 pm

"Yes; we appreciate it...!" Lucina added before following along behind Robin. Once they had exited the store, she once again turned her gaze to the box of their newly-bought item. "Let's hope that we can properly control its magic." She commented, thinking back to their initial confusion in the bookstore.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:14 am

"Yes..." Robin gazed down at the box he held in his hands. "First things first; let's take it out and get to know it." Sitting on the nearest bench, he carefully began to open the box in the middle of the mall.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:24 am

"Yes; let's see how this goes..." Lucina replied with a nod, sitting down next to Robin. As he began to open the box, she silently observed in anticipation, wondering if they could figure out the mysterious object's ways.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:33 am

The first thing that Robin discovered within the box was... more packaging. "It seems to be contained within a box within another box," he commented, pulling the cardboard out of the box. When he did this, he discovered something else. "A... bag of some kind. Alright, so let's see here. We have a box... containing a box... containing a bag." Chuckling, he shook his head, smiling in amusement. "I know this is a very special item, but I've never seen anything so heavily packaged in my life."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:47 am

"Nor have I..." Lucina added in response to Robin's comment, also chuckling slightly. "It's quite odd, really; I wonder why this specific item needs to be so heavily packaged?" She continued, staring at their new purchase in confusion just as she had done many times already.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:51 am

"I'm not sure, really," Robin responded, shrugging. "However, I think we've finally reached the end of it." Carefully, he removed the object from its strange, white bag, only to find that its page was blank. "Huh...?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 am

"What is it?" Lucina asked, leaning closer to get a look at the object. Upon seeing the blank page for herself, she nodded slowly in realization. "Ohh... Is it supposed to look like that at first...?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 am

"I... I don't know," Robin murmured, confused. "Oh, wait! Maybe we have to read a spell from that tome the shopkeeper mentioned... The... uh... manual, I think he called it!" Reaching into the box, he pulled out the device's manual. "Huh... This is a very strange tome, I'll say. It's so... thin. And flimsy... Oh well; here goes."
Holding the manual in one hand and the device on his lap, Robin positioned his hand over the blank-paged object. "MANUAL!!" he shouted, thinking this was the spell he needed to cast.

However, the page remained blank.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:14 am

Lucina observed as Robin attempted to cast a spell on the object with wide eyes, truly thinking that it might activate it. She quickly realized that it seemed unaffected by the 'spell', however, and turned her attention back to her friend. "Perhaps that was the wrong spell...?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next