Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 20 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Jewelsky Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:54 am

After hearing Torsolus's horrible puns, Sans was cracking up with laughter. And when Link made a visual pun, he found himself laughing even more.
* oh man, you guys are good!
* guess you really tickled my funny bone.

wow, i haven't laughed this much since . . .
He suddenly remembered his joke-loving boss monster friend, and he seemed to zone out for a second as he thought of her. i hope she's okay, he worried, but tried to focus on the real world, with an ear-to-ear grin still plastered on his face. Except he didn't have ears. Oh well.

Piko found it hard not to giggle with amusement at their puns, too. He sort of wanted to contribute, but couldn't think of a good pun himself. Still, these terrible jokes put him in a good mood; he was thankful for that, at least.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 20 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Stealthy Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Torsolus and Link both yelled obnoxiously at that pun, high-fiving each other. Link went around randomly high-fiving party members while Torsolus happily offered one to Sans.

"Up top! That's what they say, right? Yeah. This is gonna be SO MUCH FUN. Heheheh!"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17717

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Sans gladly returned the high-five.
* yeah, i like you a lot already.
* your puns are pretty humerus.

He started laughing again.
* sorry about that. i'll stop for now.
Though he did enjoy the presence of someone else who loved puns so much, he decided to keep his emotional distance. Torsolus wasn't from the Underground, so he would likely find Sans' problems entirely foreign—even those from the Underground would have trouble understanding, as most lacked knowledge of saving and Determination. Besides, caring about someone would just cause more problems, as it always did. He didn't want to continue repeating the mistakes he'd made before.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Flint was high fived, and couldn't help smiling at the flying puns. (unlike me xD) Flint instantly got Link's visual pun, and snickered in restrained laughter. "Your puns are quite amazing." He addmitted at last. 

Mintpaw didn't see the visual pun, so when everyone else started bursting out laughing, she just looked around her in confused bewilderment. She was laughing quite hard at the auditory puns though.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33034

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Link doubled over, coughing and groaning as though his stomach hurt from laughing so hard. But he couldn't stop smiling.

Torsolus laughed like a hyena for two straight minutes, showing no signs of wearing out or being in pain. "You--HAHAHAHA!! You can--heh--join us, heheheheheh!!" he squeaked out. "We need you to hahahahaha! To be ha....vigilant! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! Ahhh! I can't stop laughing...if--heheh! Heheheh!! If a giant spider came out of nowhere...HEHEHEHEHE!! And attacked me from the front? Right? I'd *cough*....I'd still never be able to see it lihihihike thihihihihis-s-s-s!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!"

He continued to giggle uncontrollably for the next ten minutes.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Piko was also stuck in a fit of laughter intense enough to hurt, though it was nothing compared to Torsolus' unstoppable laughing fit. When he finally stopped, a huge smile lingered on his face. He figured that if Sans were this friendly and eager to make horrible jokes, he really could be trusted, after all. "You guys are absolutely hilarious," he complimented. "We'd love to have someone like you around, Sans."

Sans felt quite glad to see the group members so overjoyed by his jokes—it was a reaction he didn't often get from cracking puns in the Underground. While still keeping to the rules his locked heart had placed upon him, he chuckled a bit.
* i'm glad you all appreciate puns as much as i do.
* as much as i'd love to join you, really . . .
* i've got some . . .
* other business I need to attend to.

He uncomfortably averted his eyes from the gazes of the party.
* i won't lose sight of you, though.
* like i said, if you need me, i'm going to be there.

As he wasn't sure how exactly to explain his powers to his new acquaintances, he could only hope that they wouldn't inquire more deeply into the matter.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Still giggling intermittently, Torsolus found sadness creeping in. "Aww, really? Oh, well. We'll let you know if we need you, good sir. It's very nice to meet you! I hope we can pun the day away again sometime soon!"

Link, now thoroughly relaxed, smiled and waved goodbye to their new friend.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:49 pm

Flint gave a soloemn nod to their new alley. He caught the avertion of the eyes, he caught the tone. He felt the prick of defensiveness creeping in, but he shoved it all away. He knew very well he had his reasons, and he found himself struggling to keep 100% trust and faith in this creature. As if something in him was willing him to maintain and possibly grow the connection sprung between this creature and the group through the puns shot from both sides.

He twitched his ears. Folding his wings calmly to his back. 

Mintpaw's ears drooped, and her whiskers sagged "Awww...! Ok." She said sorrowfully.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Sans instantly detected the sadness displayed by the party members and was quick to reassure them.
* don't worry. this isn't farewell.
* i'll stay close by. no need to be so sad.

He did feel a little guilty leaving them, but he wasn't going too far off, at least. They seemed to appreciate his presence, but he wouldn't want to help their cause—out of both demotivation and pacifism. He would come to their aid only if they wound up needing him for something. And something told him that sooner or later, they would.

With a little grin on his face, Piko waved at Sans. "It was really nice to meet you. I'm glad you aren't leaving for good," he told the skeleton wholeheartedly. In the Vocaloid's eyes, Sans really wasn't so suspicious anymore.

As he noticed Piko's wave, Sans waved back.
* have fun on your adventure, everyone.
* catch ya later.

With that, he strolled into the forest and leaned himself against a tree not too far away. please be good, guys. i don't need to see any more lives lost, he hoped silently, knowing that it was entirely in vain.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:45 pm

Flint watched him leave with a calm satisfied expression, coated in his usual seriousness. 

He crossed his arms and leaned back a little. Glancing around the group, he blinked "We should probably get going, shouldn't we, Pit." He flashed a glance in the angel's direction. Then at an offhand thought, he flashed another one at Link. Internally he wondered if Link was at all aware of what had happened in this  timeline... Up at Chaos Peak...

Before all his previously attained joy and satisfaction faded, he forced the thought away, and looked down at the ground. He had a feeling Link would find out sooner or later. With a determined swish of his tail, he stepped towards the front of the group, and turned to face them until they were ready to set off, if they were to set off.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:11 am

Pit also watched as Sans left, a rather disappointed look on his face. He tried to assure himself, however, that they would be running into the skeleton again, maybe even sometime soon.
He was then brought out of his thoughts when he realized that Flint had asked him a question. "Oh, uh, yeah...! I think now would be a good time," he responded with a slightly awkward little grin, wondering how long he had been distracted.

-----

(Iiiiiit's... *Drumroll* NEW CHARRIE TIME. :D)

Name:
Callie
What is this character from?: Splatoon
Species: Inkling
Appearance: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
In her squid form, Callie basically looks like a "standard" magenta Inkling squid. However, her eyes retain the same golden color and star-shaped pupils as those of her humanoid form, and the black markings surrounding them curve up in a single, "angry" point on the outer corner of each side.
Personality and traits: Callie is very upbeat, animated, and excitable, often seen with a grin on her face. She's quite a caring and optimistic Inkling, often finding joy in the smallest of things. She has a notable love for food, seemingly having a large appetite, and enjoys making puns rather often. Additionally, she tends to gravitate towards exciting activites, though she is actually afraid of heights. (I'll RP out any additional details~)
Abilities/powers/talents/etc.: Being an Inkling, Callie is able to switch freely between her humanoid and squid forms, and has the ability to produce colorful ink which she can swim through and hide in. It can also be used as an "ammo" of sorts for a wide selection of ink-based weapons. Her favorite variety of these ink weapons is the "roller", an oversized paint roller that is able to spread wide trails of ink across the ground, and is quite powerful in close-combat. Of all the rollers, her go-to choice seems to be the Hero Roller ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?).
Additionally, as Callie is a member of the legendary Squid Sisters musical duo, she is a skilled singer and dancer. Though both members of this group have high-pitched voices, hers' is noticeably squeakier.
Other: The other half of the Squid Sisters duo is Callie's cousin, Marie. In their home world, the two also host a news program.
Even though she can only speak the Inkling language, her speech will, like most characters in the Crossover world, magically be understandable to others; though she'll still have an Inkling accent, basically giving her voice a "burbling" quality. When singing songs from her home world, however, they will still be in the Inkling language.
Octo Valley (Splatoon's story mode) spoilers:
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28062

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:43 am

(OK, I was so swamped, I'm just going to forget about responding to everything that just happened, save for whatever's current. Forgive me for my characters' underwhelming, oblivious attitudes and flatness in this post. xD)

"See ya later, Sans!" Cookie called after the skeleton, waving and smiling cheerfully. "He's fun. Isn't he fun?" she remarked, randomly looking over at Torsolus when she asked.

After the scene just a moment ago, Athena was left in a particularly-upbeat mood. "I'm ready to go!" she piped up, seeming eager to continue traveling. "Where to next?"

"Likely somewhere we can easily set up camp," Robin responded, glancing off at the horizon. The sun was getting close to setting.

(MY TURN. :D)

Name: Marie
What is this character from?: Splatoon
Species: Inkling
Appearance: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Her squid form is not light gray, as one would assume from her humanoid tentacle color, but lime green. The eyes have a "sad" shape, and keep the golden color and star-shaped pupils that her humanoid form has. Furthermore, the black "mask" pattern around the eyes comes to a downward-angled point at the sides, slightly resembling that of her humanoid form as well.
Personality and traits: Although sometimes snarky, critical, or even grumpy, and known to make such remarks every so often, Marie is actually a rather friendly and easygoing Inkling. She's somewhat quiet, and doesn't usually tend to get overly excited. A bit of a layabout, she very much prefers to move at her own pace, and isn't particularly fond of "exciting" activities. She claims not to like puns or bad jokes, either, but has actually been caught making some herself every now and then. (RPing the rest out)
Abilities/powers/talents/etc.: Being an Inkling, Marie can switch between her squid form and humanoid form at will, as well as, among other things, produce colorful ink to swim and hide in. On a side-note, she can also change her color (partially in humanoid form, fully in squid form), with her ink always matching. This ink can also be used in battle as a sort of "ammo" for various, specialized weapons. Of these weapons, her favorite variety is the Charger; Chargers are a class of ink guns that, after charging, fire a streaming blast of pressurized ink at a long distance. Although it varies from model to model, this blast is often devastatingly powerful, almost always designed to instantly take down a single target, but does require precision aim. Her favorite Charger is the Hero Charger (which may or may not be a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).
Additionally, Marie is one half of the legendary Squid Sisters; a pop duo in her home world. As such, she has plenty of experience both singing and dancing. Although both are rather high-pitched and squeaky, her voice is the softer and deeper of the two, and has a notably soulful quality.
Other: The other half of the duo she's in is her cousin, Callie. Back in their home world, they also host a news program.
Octo Valley Spoilers, hidden just in case:
She only speaks the Inkling language, but in the Crossover world only, like most characters, she'll magically be able to be understood when speaking directly to others (but not while singing, talking to herself, etc.). That being said, she'll still be heard with a thick Inkling accent (basically, she has a peculiar, "burbling" sound to her voice).
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32722

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:50 am

"He is," Torsolus agreed with Cookie. "Only a few minutes with him and I already wanna be his best friend! Maybe we can be orphanbuds!"

Link looked totally relaxed about Sans now. He somehow locked eyes with Flint's offhand gaze, and met his pondering, anxious expression with confusion. He gave Flint a little smile. Only a few hundred thousand deaths ago, Link had been the grownup and Flint, the child. Flint had always looked up to him with pugnacious optimism. What changed?

"Well, I suppose we SHOULD get going," Torsolus spoke up.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Flint gave a quick nod, and spoke in a soft, quick, serious tone "For now, I hear there's a town not far off from here. We may not be able to reach it before nightfall-" he narrowed his eyes as he said this "-but we could probably get pretty close." With a desicive flap of his wings, he turned, and slowly walked off, his ears twitching as he listened for the sound of the others following.

Mintpaw's ears perked as they talked about this "town", as she wasn't quite sure what that was. But when she heard the sound of Flint walking away, and his scent, and presence fading, she hesitantly walked after him.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Feeling quite at ease due to Sans' immensely bad puns, Piko listened quietly to what the others had to say. However, he couldn't help but to speak up when Flint mentioned the possibility of the party not reaching a nearby town. "We at least have to try to get there, right?" Piko responded hopefully. "If we hurry, don't you think we can make it?" he queried, strolling over to Flint.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:36 pm

"Sounds good to me," Pit agreed with Flint, nodding a little as he strolled along after the Kattaca. Briefly, he glanced back over his shoulder to see where the rest of his allies were.

With one last glance in the direction where Sans left, Lucina nodded and began to follow Flint as well.

-----

Meanwhile, in a quiet clearing located elsewhere in the Crossover World, a portal briefly opened, and a small humanoid with black and magenta tentacles on her head resembling a hairstyle came running out, pushing what appeared to be a large paint roller along on the ground in front of her. She suddenly froze, however, when she realized that something had changed. Seconds ago, she had been running through a familiar place, participating in an activity enjoyed by many in her home world. Confusedly, she glanced to her sides in search of any of the others who had been with her just moments before, but found that she was now completely alone...
"Uhh... Hellooooo?" she called nervously, slowly lifting her Roller and resting it against her shoulder. Utterly unsure of what was going on, or what she should be doing next, she began wandering through the clearing, her gaze darting around as she took in her surroundings.

(I'd just like to mention that, though she's still in the same world as everyone else, Callie is currently nowhere near the main group. o3o)

Last edited by Mistystream on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Torsolus saw Flint moving away and went after him. "I bet the town is full of such nice folks...ack! I want to sweep all of them up on our adventure!" Link strode close behind. He felt a little uneasy about the town they were headed to. He couldn't figure out why.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Flint, satisfied the others were following, folded his wings once more and let out a soft, stressed sigh. he crossed his arms and looked out ahead his ears ever so slightly back. With all of this, he seemed relatively calm for his nature.
But honestly, nothing anyone in the group was doing, or saying was getting to Flint. The only thing at all effecting him was that he was leading the group right now, and his own thoughts. And he was able to focus himself on the path ahead.

He gently scaned the trees as he walked. The white Kattaca watched a frightened squirrel chitter at them and flick it's bushy tail, before springing off between the branches to get away. Mintpaw's ears perked as she walked. Allowing her mind to wander in the momentary silence. For now, the two of them at least were relatively relaxed.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Cookie quickly followed Flint, full of energy. "I wonder what kind of town it is...?" she wondered aloud, strolling along with a bouncy gait. "Do you think it's anything like the one we stayed in before?"

Robin, as usual, stayed near the back of the group as they moved along. He made sure to keep his eyes open for the perfect place to camp the whole time, since the day was quickly coming to an end.

Athena was towards the front of the group, proceeding quickly. "Generally, where there's a town, there are shops," she randomly noted. "We should probably stock up on supplies while we're there, right?"

-----

Elsewhere in the world, another sort of portal opened up by a large tree. Out of this portal flopped a little creature, landing just by the tree's base; a small, lime-green squid, though possessing features that could only be described as "cute" or "cartoony".
The little squid appeared to be snoozing, now leaning against the tree slightly, with her two large tentacles floppily lying to her sides, spread out a little. As she dozed without a care, she snored so softly, it could hardly be heard. However, after a moment, she stirred and slowly opened one of her large, drooping, golden eyes.
"... Wuh...?"
The squid opened her other eye, sat up a little straighter, stretched, then slowly looked around. Suddenly, still sitting under the tree, she changed shape, becoming what appeared to be a smallish sort of person with light gray-and-lime tentacles for hair. What's going on here...? she wondered to herself, still half-asleep. Part of her almost believed that she was, in fact, still dreaming. After all, she was just in a colorful studio before, taking a nap one afternoon. However, upon pinching her arm to test her theory, nothing happened. ... Okaaay... That's not good... Now somewhat unsettled, she rose to her feet and began wandering around, though still with a bit of a lazy slouch. There didn't seem to be anybody else in sight...
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:19 pm

"I think so. They'll be nice, I think, and they'll certainly accept the business! I imagine a town built in a hubworld like this would have to accept every kind of currency, hahahahaha! Sorting it all must be a pain. I sure as muffins don't envy them! Hahahahahahaha! Haha...ha....."

He noticed Link's frozen, uneasy expression, fixed straight ahead.

"Hey, what's up, buddy?"

Link looked up at him, trying to repress it, but his concern still peeked through a little.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Pit, who was also by the front of the group, turned to look at Cookie when she spoke. "I dunno..." he began in response, curiously glancing ahead. "I hope so!" he continued, thinking back the town they had previously stayed in to rest. "That place was great."
When he noticed Link's expression, Pit sort of tilted his head in confusion, wondering what could be bothering the young hero all of a sudden.

Lucina stayed around the center of the group as she steadily moved along, diligently keeping watch over their surroundings.

-----

The squidlike humanoid carrying a Roller continued wandering ahead for a while, growing increasingly uneasy as she did so. This place didn't look at all familiar to her, and the fact that absolutely nobody else seemed to be around only furthered her worry. Deciding to sit down and gather her thoughts for a moment, she located a nearby rock and scurried over to it, taking a seat. OK, so... I have absolutely no idea what's going on. she noted to herself, feeling more and more anxious and confused.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Flint glanced over his shoulder at Cookie and Athena "I don't know, ok? As for the shops...." he trailed off "I don't think there's anything we could possibly need." He narrowed his eyes and scoffed, he then noticed Link's distraught expression, and glared at the young hero with irritated, curious, expectancy. 

Mintpaw, with her shorter legs, struggled to keep up with the group. So she loped forward a bit until she was right behind Lucina, then she leapt up, landing parcariously on Lucina's shoulder. To her ride, the young cat felt like almost nothing, as she settled herself uneasily.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Link looked at them with widened eyes. He looked ahead for a moment and placed his hand on the hilt on his sword behind him.

"You think there might be danger?" Torsolus inquired.

Link just stared.

The marshmallow-like man paused, then replied, "....Well, even if there is, don't worry about it. We'll be ready. We're ready for anything." He smiled comfortingly.

Link heaved a quick sigh, then continued walking, with Torsolus close behind.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Cookie, too, noticed Link's expression, and grew a little anxious. "Yeah... We are, aren't we?" she responded when Torsolus spoke. The group almost always seemed to pull through when they encountered danger.

"You betcha!" Athena piped up after Cookie spoke, standing tall as she walked. However, in truth, she, too, was feeling a bit uncertain. She didn't dare show this to her allies, however, as not to harm their morale, so she consciously grinned as widely as possible.

Robin hardly reacted visibly to any of this, simply giving a subtle nod and appearing to begin thinking harder than before.

-----

The light-tentacled squid-person continued to slowly wander through the area, which seemed to be the outer edge of a forest. "Helloooooooo...?" she called out into the wilderness. There was still no sign of anyone else at all, let alone anyone familiar, around anywhere. The more time she spent out here, the more lost she felt. How did I even get here...? She sighed.
Suddenly, the squid-person spotted something lying next to a log a short distance away, causing her eyes to widen slightly. At a slightly-quicker speed, she approached, then bent over to pick the object up. It was a long, shiny, black object, appearing to be some sort of weapon, accented with bright green, and sporting a pattern of slowly-pulsating blue lights towards its back end. What's my Charger doing here? she wondered to herself, looking it over for a moment before resting it on her shoulder. Whatever. At least I've got some way to defend myself now... Just then, another thought hit her. ... If I can somehow make it work without an ink tank, that is... It was true; without a tank to store extra ink on her back, this weapon would likely shoot streams of ink with far less frequency. Giving another, harsher sigh than before, she continued to wander, carrying her weapon. There better be a tank lying around somewhere, too. Seriously. Although it felt like an incredibly foolish, unlikely possibility, she began searching for just such a thing.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:17 pm

"Yeah... Yeah, we are!" Pit chimed in, agreeing with his allies. He felt a wave of motivation as he said this, and continued to march forward.

Feeling something small land suddenly on her shoulder, Lucina glanced to her side and saw Mintpaw, somewhat surprised that the kitten had managed to make her way up. "Oh...? Hello there," she greeted, unable to help chuckling softly. Then, hearing the words of some of her other allies, she nodded. "Yes... We've always managed to push onward, even when things grow difficult," she added thoughtfully.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next