Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

very important please read

+3
Lotusbreeze
Goldy
Moonflame
7 posters

Go down

answer honestly

very important please read I_vote_lcap15%very important please read I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
very important please read I_vote_lcap85%very important please read I_vote_rcap 85% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 13

very important please read Empty very important please read

Post by Moonflame Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm

do you think the moon landing was fake im asking for a friend
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Herbs : 61
Fresh-kill : 19352

Back to top Go down

very important please read Empty Re: very important please read

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I said no but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't I'm more neutral I guess lol
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18809

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:21 pm

I think it's real. 

Actually, a friend and I came up with this idea: Maybe since so many people are so skeptical on whether or not it was real, maybe they should do another moon landing xD I mean, our technology's improved a lot, so maybe we can do a second moon landing and have a better quality video to show. It's probably unlikely to happen, but hey, it is a good idea. :P
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 87
Fresh-kill : 39205

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm

I really don't think it was faked. I don't have any particular reason other then a MythBuster's episode to prove it's real, but I also don't have any real evidence to prove it's faked either. I just have faith that a huge orginization like NASA would be honest about what they do.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33034

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Lotuspaw wrote:I think it's real. 

Actually, a friend and I came up with this idea: Maybe since so many people are so skeptical on whether or not it was real, maybe they should do another moon landing xD I mean, our technology's improved a lot, so maybe we can do a second moon landing and have a better quality video to show. It's probably unlikely to happen, but hey, it is a good idea. :P

Thing is that's why some people are skeptical, because we apparently had the technology to do it in the space race when we were trying to beat Russia to the moon but we haven't gone up since, which makes me think maybe we never had the technology in the first place?
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18809

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Goldy wrote:
Lotuspaw wrote:I think it's real. 

Thing is that's why some people are skeptical, because we apparently had the technology to do it in the space race when we were trying to beat Russia to the moon but we haven't gone up since, which makes me think maybe we never had the technology in the first place?

Yeah, I do wonder why they don't send people to space anymore :/ I mean, they do send robots and stuff, but still. A redo, showing all the evidence of the previous moon landing, if there is any, would definitely make people believe in it more.
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistpaw Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:09 pm

they still send people to the International space station but recently we don' t really have the money or technology to send another manned mission to somewhere other than the moon and we have already been there so most people think there is no point to doing it
Mistpaw
Mistpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 5
Fresh-kill : 13958

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadowpaw Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 pm

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised to learn the landing was a fake. Since I was little I was kinda told it could very well be fake so that's why I wouldn't be shocked. I guess we can't know for sure and I'm not saying I think it's fake, I'm just saying I don't know. People don't understand why they won't go back to the moon. I'm not one to really get into conspiracy theories and all that and I'm not going to go into a big rant about it or get into any arguments about it haha but evidently there are reasons to believe it didn't actually happen, from what I've been told many times.
Meadowpaw
Meadowpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 8
Fresh-kill : 13939

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:28 pm

I dunno, I’m just kinda neutral.
They DO still send people to space, and also robots and stuff. And there are also livestreams on YouTube from the International Space Station where there’s footage of the craft going around Earth (apparently it can actually be seen in the sky with the naked eye, so that’s interesting. Hint hint: it’s one of those moving bright lights in the sky that you’d think is a star).

And well, again, I doubt they’d ever do this, but they could do another one. And show all the evidence, if there is any, so we can get a confirmation.

I’m taking Astronomy next year, so maybe I can get better info about the moon landings and stuff. I mean, it’s astronomy, we gotta learn some stuff about it xD

Spoiler:
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm

I know it was real

Because they left me behind

*cough* help
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17717

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Oh noes how do we get you back??? D: We need to help Stealth!!!!
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Get NASA funded already XD
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Okay guys, let’s get a GoFundMe page, save up enough money, send it to NASA, and then save Stealth!
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadowpaw Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Aww, you can count on us Stealth, we will get you back!
Meadowpaw
Meadowpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 8
Fresh-kill : 13939

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon May 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Back on a serious note...my main reasoning for believing it was real is this comic from xkcd (written by a person who used to actually work for NASA :O)

very important please read Moon_landing

Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Welp, I'mma update on this topic!

I take Astronomy, and today, we were talking about the Space Race and all those missions we had against the USSR. We got to the moon landings, and my teacher showed us those pictures we've all seen of the moon landing. He mentioned the whole conspiracy theory of how the moon landing was faked and how people believe it was faked because of how bright it was in those pictures (so bright that it had to have been done in a studio). My teacher said that the moon doesn't really have much of an atmosphere, so unlike how it is on Earth, sunlight cannot be filtered as much. That's why the photos appear so bright.

Also, NASA has confirmed that they're gonna send people back to the moon in 2020, so that's exciting. I also saw a news article saying they're most likely only gonna send women on this mission this time (cuz it wasn't fair how everyone sent to the moon was male).

I dunno, the whole lesson was interesting and I thought I could talk about what I learned, haha. We also watched this video (from 2012) where this guy jumped from ~24 miles above Earth and actually landed safely it was so crazy because they had multiple recordings from different cameras in different places and they also included the person's heart rate and speed as he was falling back to Earth 0-0
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down