Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im... scared

5 posters

Go down

im... scared Empty im... scared

Post by Roseblossom Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:03 pm

terribly sorry to bring this up here but
i'm so terrified of losing net neutrality
if you havent heard please look it up right now

but
if this happens
(which it will because who cares what the public wants anymore)
we may not even have a christmas party
i might not be able to see any of you again
i've been crying for almost an hour for this reason alone. i dont want to lose you guys. you are what has been keeping me going for these past five, six years. oh god what am i going to do without you
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 27851

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

im... scared Empty Re: im... scared

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Aww!! I know me too >.< I would loose do much without Net Neutrality >.< I pray we get to keep it.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 32924

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadowpaw Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 pm

I have heard about this a bit but everyone around me says it's just a scare tactic. People say extreme things to scare people to cause drama and hysteria, tbh. Everyone tells me not to worry, it won't happen. So I'm not even gonna pay attention to it, nothing bad is truly going to happen to the Internet. I wouldn't worry if I were you, that's what I'm taught at least.
Meadowpaw
Meadowpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 8
Fresh-kill : 13829

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:22 pm

I've heard people say that it's not true, but honestly it seems hard to believe. with so many posts about it everywhere... and even the official tumblr staff reblogging things about it, and the fact that when you log onto discord it gives you a notification about it.
and there are numbers and everything, so ?
and you'd think if something like this was fake, an official or something would post about it to debunk it.

i just really don't want to lose you guys i love you so much you're my heart and soul and lifeforce i lvoe you i love you i lvoey ou
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 27851

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 am

(I know this is long but it's important)
My final for my public speaking course was a "change of policy" 5-7 min speech and I gave mine on net neutrality so I know the facts, and I know how bad it would be to lose it (my speech was urging people to contact congress and tell them to vote to save net neutrality) but I honestly don't think it'll be as bad as some people think. I still think net neutrality is super important but I don't think the repeal would impact anything like this site for a while at least. Internet service providers won't want to risk angering their customers too much so they probably won't do any drastic changes (like charging for specific websites or blocking/filtering), or they'll slowly add them over the next few years. Anyway, Congress can vote to override the FCC's decision so it's not 100% certain even though the FCC will almost definitely vote to repeal net neutrality. It is something to be concerned about, I'm not trying to sugarcoat that, but you'll still have us, you don't have worry about that <3
TLDR losing net neutrality would be bad and there would be consequences but if people keep resisting, the internet service providers wouldn't be able to get away with angering literally all of their customers (by charging for websites, slowing down/blocking sites, etc) since they'd be losing money when people find other options. Net neutrality wouldn't be killed right away, it would be a process and likely wouldn't affect us right away.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18699

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 am

Yes, this scares me too! T~T Like, the ‘net shouldn’t be a place where we should PAY for what site to go on and stuff. Also, schools depend on the Internet for, well, education, obviously. We use Google Classroom (which is really easy to use and is just amazing, since we don’t have to worry about turning essays in during class and can just work on them till 23:59 or whatever), and if we lose Net Neutrality, we definitely won’t be able to do anything. Crash Course videos in my AP class? Nope, can’t look at those anymore. Going on here during English class when there are lectures going on? Can’t do that either.

Also, no, this is very real. Like, the FCC is actually considering this. If it’s fake, why would we spend time making petitions? I’m praying that people in Congress are smart and vote against this, which they probably will (I mean, why would we NOT wanna keep Net Neutrality?). Also, let’s not forget that this was discussed a few years ago, but it failed. But now that Congress is debating on this, they obviously “cleaned up” some things to make getting rid of Net Neutrality a good option? (That’s what I’ve heard, at least)
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 87
Fresh-kill : 39095

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 am

^yep and the FCC is voting on it on the 14th and it'll almost definitely pass through so Congress can vote on it. And I'm worried about congress bc the leading republicans are in favor of the repeal (bribed by comcast oops) and it puts a lot of pressure on every other repub to vote with them. My democrats better pull through D:
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:13 am

Yup. And there would be people in favour of it all 'cause guess what? They can earn MONEY.

If this passes, people should just stop using the Internet for a day (or more if we have to) to show them that we can't have any of this and how dumb this is.
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 87
Fresh-kill : 39095

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Yeah, every average citizen would suffer from it, it's not even a partisan issue since both parties are overwhelmingly in favor of keeping net neutrality, it's just that republican politicians take campaign donation aka bribes from internet service providers like Comcast (who are literally the only ones who would benefit from killing net neutrality) and even the republicans who don't take bribes are being pressured to vote the same way as the leading corrupt ones
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum