Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Crossroads - Super-Powered Crossover RP

4 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Universal Crossroads - Super-Powered Crossover RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Universal Crossroads - Super-Powered Crossover RP

Post by Mistystar Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:42 pm

Marina and Callie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Pearl and Marie
Marina instantly looked down to see that--surely enough--she, too, was suddenly wearing one of these wristwatch-like devices. "No way...!" Holding her wrist up, she examined her inventory from all angles. "It must've, because there's literally nothing around us..." she responded, sounding completely perplexed.

Callie, head tilted slightly to one side, simply gazed at her own inventory for a moment. "... Or maybe some INVISIBLE GUYS slipped over all quiet like and put them on while we were distracted!" she suddenly suggested with wide eyes.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 27952

Back to top Go down

Universal Crossroads - Super-Powered Crossover RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Universal Crossroads - Super-Powered Crossover RP

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Pearl and Marie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Callie and Marina
Wearing a rather weary-looking expression, Marie just silently stared at Callie for a moment, her posture slouching forward, and her arms dangling. "... Right. That's what happened," she deadpanned sarcastically.

"Eh... Whatever! So, can we show off our epic powers yet or what?!" Pearl asked impatiently, hopping up and down in place. "Y'know, I only got the BEST POWER EVER, and it's just gonna make you TOTALLY JELLY, is all!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32612

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Vanatrix ~ Universal Crossroads ~ Tags: Marie, Callie, Pearl, Marina

Vanatrix had been wandering for a bit now, as the weird voice kept talking. He had struggled and shifted his form out of, and do everything he could to get rid of the wrist band/watch thing. He had failed, and now just gave up. He suddenly twitched his large foxesque ear, and froze "hehehehehe" he giggled quietly.

He heard voices

Crouching low, and shifting into the form of an insect as to go unnoticed, he flew closer to the voices. Careful to keep his distance. It was now he realized he didn't feel his energy depleting. He usually only didn't get tired if he was impersonating something he saw allot. Why was this simple bug he had only seen once taking so little of his energy. Vanatrix couldn't help it. He begun roaring with laughter. The bug had enhanced his abilities!!! BEAAAAUTIFUL!

He landed on the floor a distance away from the humanoid cephalopods, and took several moments to study them, and their behavior. Usually this would be where he'd try and sneak a touch so he could acquire their forms, either by attacking them, or befriending them, but he didn't feel like that was necessary now. So he just studied their personalities. A soft buzz came from his wings as he stretched them. Bug wings were by far his least favorites. They were so flimsy. Although he did sometimes enjoy becoming a giant butterfly.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 32924

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Marina and Callie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Pearl and Marie
Callie's attention was quickly brought over to Pearl, leaning towards her with a curious expression. "Ooh, what is it...?!" she questioned eagerly. "I wanna see!"

Marina giggled softly, finding Pearl's sheer enthusiasm adorable as usual. Then, a playful expression came to her face. "Well, I wouldn't say it's the BEST power, but it is pretty cool," she chimed in using a clearly lighthearted, joking tone.

Neither of the two realized, however, that they were actually being watched at this very moment.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 am

Pearl and Marie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Callie, Marina, and Vanatrix (unawares)
"Now I'm REALLY curious," Marie remarked with a small grin, staring expectantly at Pearl. "Go ahead. Let's see what you've got!"

Pearl cackled mischievously. "Hehehe... I wish I had a camera, 'cause your faces are gonna be GOLD when y'all see... THAYIIIIIISSSS!!" Looking extremely proud of herself, she suddenly rose off of the ground and began to float in mid-air.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:30 am

Vanatrix ~ Universal Crossroads ~ Tags: Marie, Callie, Pearl Marina

The bug buzzed softly, as Pearl floated "Heheh, iiinnnteresting..." Vanatrix started coming up with ways to both counter that power, and happily taunt the small squid person with it. He could fly, but at this point he wasn't sure who was faster, him or her.

He looked at the others in the group, judging their reactions. How capable would this target be with her newfound power? And did others of the race have similar abilities?

The bug fluttered slightly closer.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 am

Marina and Callie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Pearl, Marie, and Vanatrix (unawares)
"Whooaaaa..." Callie gasped, her eyes following Pearl as she began to float upwards. "That's amazing...!! I'd be WAY to scared to do that, myself!"

Marina simply observed for a moment as Pearl started to use her power, giving her a chance to demonstrate it to the others before she showed them her own personal favorite.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:42 am

Pearl and Marie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Callie, Marina, and Vanatrix (unawares)
Marie's eyes widened slightly when she saw Pearl rise into the air. "You got flight! Niiice...!" she called, gently clapping her hands together.

Laughing, Pearl then flew in circles around everybody. "So? If we form a superhero team, I'm SO gonna be the leader, right?" she snickered, returning to where she was and hovering in place once more, arms crossed.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 am

Marina and Callie - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Pearl, Marie, and Vanatrix (unawares)
"Haha, you totally could be, with such a sweet power!" Callie responded with a giggle, her gaze still following Pearl as she returned to the ground.

"Wait a minute, now...!" Marina piped up, gaining a playful grin. "My power's no slouch, either! Watch..."--she paused, suddenly fading from view--"... This!"

Last edited by Mistystar on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:00 am

Marie gasped when Marina suddenly vanished. "Whoa...! OK, that's SERIOUSLY cool," she remarked approvingly, looking very impressed. She couldn't help feeling a little envious; if she had such a power, herself, it would definitely come in handy when sniping with her Charger.

Pearl narrowed her eyes slightly. "OK, fine. We can't see you now. But watch THIS!" Determined to outdo her friend, she flew higher into the air, then started performing one aerial loop after another, over and over.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:31 am

Callie watched, quite amazed, as Marina proceeded to become invisible. "Wow! I bet that could come in super-handy, too...!" she commented brightly. Then, she glanced up again when she noticed Pearl fly back into the air, performing loop after loop. "Ohmigosh!!"

Marina wasn't ready to give up just yet; quickly, she tried to think of some other way to demonstrate her power. "Well, Uhm... Ummm..." she trailed off, sounding somewhat deep-in-thought. "Check THIS out, though!" Suddenly, she opened the canopy of her Brella and began twirling it around, thinking everyone else would be able to see what looked like the ink weapon floating in midair. Unfortunately, however, it had vanished from sight with her, having been in her hand when she went invisible.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:42 am

Marie stared for several moments in the direction of Marina's voice. However, of course, she saw absolutely nothing. "... I, uh... don't see anything," she pointed out rather flatly. "You're invisible."

Pearl--who was admittedly a little dizzy after looping so many times--stopped to watch Marina's attempt at showing off. When she didn't see anything, she burst out laughing. "WOW. That was BRILLIANT," she teased, applauding sarcastically.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:11 am

Callie stared ahead with a confused, almost blank expression for several moments before beginning to laugh somewhat awkwardly. Though she admittedly found the ridiculosity of this scene to be quite amusing, she also felt bad for Marina and her failed attempt to show off more of her power.

After a brief, silent pause, Marina suddenly faded back into view, now wearing a small, defeated pout on her face. "OK, so you can't exactly see all the great stuff invisibility has to offer..." she noted, shaking her head. "But I still say it's one of the best, even if it is destined to go unnoticed."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:09 pm

"It's OK, I getcha," Marie reassured Marina with a little chuckle. "Honestly, flight as a superpower is kind of a cliche," she admitted, shrugging.

"Only 'cause it's BETTER!" Pearl interjected, swooping down to hover in front of Marie as she gave her a pouting glare. Then, she rushed back and started flying in circles around Marina. "Why are you even trying to compete? Don't you remember the Splatfest?" she reminded her, referring to the time their teams fought over the exact topic they were debating over now. "You LOST! FLIGHT RULES!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Marina - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Pearl, Marie, and Vanatrix (unawares)
Marina watched as Pearl began to fly in circles around her. "I know..." she murmured, once again gaining a small pout. "TECHNICALLY, anyway," she soon added. "But I'm still gonna stand by invisibility no matter what."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:59 am

Pearl - Universal Crossroads - Tagged: Callie, Marie, Marina, and Vanatrix (unawares)
Just then, Pearl remembered something. "Oh yeah! We haven't seen you guys' powers yet!" she told Callie and Marie, finally floating back down to the ground. "What are they?! I wanna see what I'm up against!" she snickered, looking smug.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:47 am

Marina quickly perked up at the mention of Callie and Marie's powers. "OOH, yeah! What'd you two get...?!" she asked quite eagerly, gazing at them with a curious look.

"Oh, right...! Well, I can only think of one for me, but I'd say it's a pretty sweet one!" Callie responded, getting a satisfied grin on her face. "Here; lemme show you!" Taking a few steps back, took a deep breath, briefly pausing to focus on the thought of using her power. After this, she suddenly dashed ahead, becoming a blur as she rapidly picked up speed.
In just a moment, she was nowhere to be seen.
Then, just as suddenly as she had left the scene, Callie came rushing back to the group at the same, unbelievable speed. "... So? Whaddaya think?" she cheerily asked, bouncing in place a little.

At first, Marina simply stared in Callie's direction as she returned, her mouth hanging open and her eyes sparkling with an amazed expression. "... Whoa... Coooooool!"

Last edited by Mistystar on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 am

Pearl was visibly astonished by what she had just witnessed. "What do I think?! I think I just found my SECOND-IN-COMMAND!" she responded excitedly to Callie, grinning from ear to ear. "OH MAN. Can you imagine all the bad guys we're gonna take down together?!"

"Hey, hang on; you haven't seen what I can do yet!" Marie spoke up with a small grin. Just after she said this, however, she realized something: showing off her super-powered vision would be somewhat difficult here. As their surroundings were so plain, she couldn't demonstrate it by pointing out a tiny detail on some distant object. Of course, she could always demonstrate it by walking a far distance away and being able to see how many fingers someone was holding up, but such a demonstration would pale in comparison to the others.
"... Uh... Wait. This could be hard," she mumbled, appearing deep in thought. Then, after a moment of pondering, she remembered something else unusual that she had done recently. "... OH. OK, so I was about to show off my super-vision, but I just thought of something better," she told Pearl and Marina before strolling a short distance away. Once she thought she was far enough away, she stopped, then turned to Callie. "Hey, Callie, could you come over here and just... run in circles around me or somethin'?" she called to her, idly gesturing with her hand. She didn't let it show, but, in truth, she wasn't sure if this was even going to work. She had only ever used her time-slowing power once, barely realizing what was happening, and she hardly even knew how she was going to activate it on command.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:21 am

"EEK! It'll be totes awesome!" Callie practically squealed with excitement in response to Pearl. Then, hearing Marie call to her, she quickly turned around. "Eh...? Yeah, sure thing!" she called back with a bit of a giggle, scampering to her cousin's side. Then, just as requested, she began running in circles around her.

Marina observed, a completely intrigued look on her face, as Marie prepared for a demonstration of one of her own powers. "Aah! I wonder what she's gonna do...!" she wondered, briefly glancing over at Pearl as she spoke.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Pearl raised an eyebrow as she watched in curiosity. "I have no idea. Why does she need Callie to run around like that?" she questioned, unsure of what Marie was planning. "Does she need that for her power to work or something? Eh... I don't know about this." At the moment, she seemed not to be particularly impressed.

After nodding in thanks to Callie, Marie appeared to focus deeply, though her eyes remained open. Failing to activate her power here would definitely be embarrassing, so that was a scenario she was determined to avoid. She tried to recall as much as she could about what she was thinking and feeling when her power activated before. Finally, once she had an idea, she quietly took a deep breath, then started focusing her mind into a similar state as she held her arms out.
Sure enough, when Marie did this, something very strange happened in the area immediately around her. Just as it did before, everything near to her appeared to be moving in slow-motion, but she seemed completely unaffected, herself. Noticing this, her eyes widened slightly, and she let out a soft gasp, realizing her success. However, she tried not to let her surprise interfere with her concentration, as she was unsure of exactly how much focus was needed to maintain the effect.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 am

Vanatrix ~ Universal Crossroads ~ Tags: Marie, Callie, Marina and Pearl

The Vanatrix bug flew out of the way of Marie and Callie's stomping feet as they ran a distance away from the others to show off Marie's power. Afterwords, he was completely content to flit just out of swat range of the girls heads and hands. The bug giggled happily as Marie slowed down space around them, including him. "This feels wweeirddd!" he mused to himself, not being able to move his wings in regular time.

He wanted so badly to reveal himself, scream, and laugh and just overall enjoy the feeling of being slowed down. But he resisted, however hard it was. Revealing himself now, like this, wouldn't be as fun, they'd already be on guard.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 am

Callie, still running in circles around Marie, gasped and started to grin when she noticed the successful activation of her power. "Aaah! You did it!" she cheered, gazing at her hands in slight fascination as she slowly waved them in the air in front of her.

As soon as the effect of Marie's power became apparent, Marina's eyes grew wide with surprise. "WHOA! Look at that...!!" she exclaimed, once again glancing at Pearl excitedly. "That's sooo cool!"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:14 am

"Hahah, I did!" Marie responded to Callie with a smile, sounding triumphant, as well as a little relieved.

Although Pearl was initially skeptical before Marie demonstrated her power, her tune changed completely when she saw what it actually was. "WHAT?!" she cried in disbelief, taking a step backwards. "Marie can CONTROL TIME?!" She never expected to witness anything quite like this.

After a moment of continuing to use her power, Marie allowed time to flow normally around her once again. "Well, I guess so, yeah," she replied to Pearl, chuckling. "I'm pretty sure I can only slow it down, though. I don't feel like I could speed it up or anything."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:40 am

"That's still incredible, though!" Marina responded, sounding completely impressed by what she had just witnessed. "I bet you could do a lot of stuff with that...!" she continued, her eyes glimmering with enthusiasm as she tried to imagine various uses for a power like Marie's.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:07 am

"Thanks; I have a feeling it'll really come in handy, too," Marie replied to Marina, strolling back to join her and Pearl again. "For example, if I get snuck up on in battle, it'll be a lot easier to make my getaway!" she noted.

"Or you could take a juice box or whatever, give it a squeeze so that juice comes squirting out of the straw, then eat it in midair like astronauts do in zero G!" Pearl suggested excitedly, looking thrilled.

Hearing Pearl's silly idea, Marie's expression became rather blank. "... Uh... huh," she responded slowly, perhaps with an air of sarcasm.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next