Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Thing of Whatever Saga ~ Chapter 0: Beginning

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Thing of Whatever Saga ~ Chapter 0: Beginning - Page 2 Empty Re: The Thing of Whatever Saga ~ Chapter 0: Beginning

Post by Mistystar Sun May 19, 2019 2:03 am

Lucas stopped for a moment to give the girl an acknowledging look, but as the battle hadn't been won just yet, he quickly returned his attention to it afterwards. Once again, he paused as he gained sufficient focus, then unleashed another small wave of pastel pink, cyan, and yellow energy aimed at the two remaining monsters.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 27952

Back to top Go down

The Thing of Whatever Saga ~ Chapter 0: Beginning - Page 2 Empty Re: The Thing of Whatever Saga ~ Chapter 0: Beginning

Post by Swallowfeather Sun May 19, 2019 2:25 am

Once she saw that all of the monsters had been defeated, the girl sighed in relief. "Phew... Thanks a bunch. Those guys were getting really annoying," she told the two strangers.

"It was no trouble at all," Robin responded calmly. "I'm just glad that we managed to reach you just in time."

The girl then quickly approached the two. "So, now that stuff's been taken care of, you are...?" Her expression was bright and brimming with curiosity.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32612

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun May 19, 2019 2:52 am

While Robin was responding to the girl's thanks, Lucas quietly did as well through a dip of his head. Then, when she approached with an air of enthusiastic curiosity, he went on to introduce himself as well as Robin. "I'm Lucas, and he's Robin," he explained softly, subtly motioning in Robin's direction upon saying his new ally's name. After this, he paused with a gentle, curious look of his own, giving her a chance to introduce herself as well if she wished to do so.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon May 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Robin gave a single nod as Lucas spoke his name, wearing a subtle smile and chuckling silently. Despite the tense encounter with the monsters just before, he could just feel the mood lifting as the two children spoke. Of course, he hoped this absence of stress would go on to continue for at least a little while.

The girl giggled and grinned cheerfully at Lucas and Robin. "Nice to meetcha! I'm Cookie," she introduced herself in reply, nearly bouncing in place. The overwhelming positivity radiating from her was a formidable opponent to even the most dreadful darkness.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 pm

The sheerly positive energy that radiated from Cookie caused a somewhat reflexive smile to form on Lucas' face; unquestionably the biggest smile he had gotten in this grim-seeming world. "Heheh...! Pleased to meet you, Cookie," he responded, a bit of a chuckle making its way into his voice, even. Right after this, another thought inevitably crossed his mind. "... So, kind of a funny question, but... Did you just kinda... Wake up in this place?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm

"Huh?" Cookie appeared to be caught off-guard by Lucas' question. "Yeah...! H-how'd you know?" she questioned in disbelief.

"Because the very same thing happened to both of us," Robin chimed in with a thoughtful tone. "I'm beginning to think that this is no coincidence..."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 pm

"Yeah, something about it just feels really... off," Lucas added, giving a quick back and forth glance between Robin and Cookie before settling his gaze on the latter. "Robin and I decided to team up and try figuring things out together," he continued, then gaining a hopeful look. "D'you wanna come with us, too...?"

Last edited by Mistystar on Mon May 20, 2019 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm

"Of COURSE!" Cookie virtually launched herself to Lucas and Robin's side. "I don't have cool powers or anything like you guys, but I'll do whatever I can to help!" As usual, she was absolutely bursting with enthusiasm.

"I'm sure you'll be a perfectly big help," Robin calmly assured Cookie. "Don't worry if you lack combat experience: that's not all that matters. I can already tell that your optimism is contagious, and that's definitely going to keep the rest of us in high spirits. Good morale is extremely important in times such as this, so I'm nothing but grateful to have you at our side." He gave his new ally a warm smile. "Welcome aboard."

"Aw, Robin...!" Tears welled up in Cookie's eyes, glittering in the faint torchlight.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 pm

"Me, too," Lucas chimed in, seconding Robin's comment about being grateful to have Cookie with them. "I think the three of us are gonna work really well together," he added, smiling tenderly at Cookie when he saw how touched she had been by Robin's words. "... I hope we all become great friends, too."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon May 20, 2019 10:18 pm

"Eeeeeeee!" Cookie just couldn't take it anymore. She rushed in between Lucas and Robin at an incredible speed, then pulled both into a (startlingly strong) hug, one in each arm. "I hope so, too!" she cried.

Robin gasped reflexively upon being pulled into the sudden and extremely-tight hug, his eyes flying wide open. "Ghhk...! My ribs...!" he croaked.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Lucas' expression changed abruptly to one of surprise as he suddenly got pulled into Cookie's mighty hug. "Guh...!" he managed to squeak out in a rather weak voice. "... T-tight...!"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon May 20, 2019 11:12 pm

When Robin was finally released from the hug, he gasped again, this time attempting to catch his breath. How could such a small girl possess such strength? "So, um..." He paused awkwardly for a moment, still baffled by what just happened. Softly, he cleared his throat. "... Shall we?" he asked the others, suggesting that they continue moving forward.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Lucas paused to catch his breath as well after being released from the hug, his eyes still somewhat widened from the unexpectedness of the situation. Then, after another moment of staying awkwardly silent, he looked over at Robin when he began to speak. "O-oh... I think so, yeah," he agreed, inhaling softly. After this, he cast another glance towards Cookie, patiently awaiting her response to the question.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Cookie gave an enthusiastic nod. "Yup, let's go find some answers!"

Robin nodded softly in agreement, and without any further delay, continued moving forward.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon May 20, 2019 11:59 pm

As both Robin and Cookie set off, Lucas quickly followed alongside them, keeping a close eye on their surroundings just as he did before.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue May 21, 2019 12:18 am

(Awkward scene transition OVER xD)

After a while of walking, a great and very warm light was coming into view up ahead. This was no mere flicker: the red-orange glow stretched across the entire horizon.

Upon being greeted by this sight, Cookie's face lit up. "Look, I think we're almost out of here!" she told her friends excitedly, pointing ahead at the splash of glowing color peeking through the fog. "C'mon!" Without warning, she eagerly ran ahead.

"Cookie, wait!" Robin ran after Cookie, not even having a chance to think about what he was seeing on the horizon. "We don't know what's over there! It could be a trap!" he called out to her.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 am

(YAY we made it xD)

"Wh-whoa...!" With a gasp, Lucas also quickened his pace to follow Cookie, a vaguely unsettled feeling rising inside of him as the three drew closer to the light.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue May 21, 2019 1:04 am

As the three moved further ahead, the light got more and more intense. More shades were added to the gradient as they drew near: first yellow, then white. Not only was the light and color palette growing more intense, but so was the heat. The further along the group went, the hotter it got.

Eventually, it became clear why.

Just outside of the forest, there stood a rustic village in chaos. Buildings were burning, shadow monsters were swarming, and terrified villagers were scrambling to find shelter.

Cookie was the first to arrive on the scene and witness this horrific sight. She froze in place, almost staggering back a little. All she could manage to do for now was stare onward in shock.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue May 21, 2019 1:22 am

Several feet away from Cookie, another teenage girl also stood frozen by the edge of the village, her eyes extremely wide as she stared ahead.

Several moments later, Lucas had managed to catch up with Cookie, skidding to a halt as his gaze locked onto the sight of the burning village. "No...!" he breathed a reflexive gasp, his eyes instantly widening as well. For a moment, he was similarly unsure of how to proceed next in this chaotic scene, only able to manage a few cautious steps closer for now.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 am

Not long after Lucas, Robin emerged from the woods and gazed upon the infested, burning village. "The fiends... What's happened here?" he questioned, partly under a stunned breath.

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, Cookie noticed the other girl standing a short distance away. "Huh? E-excuse me...!" she called to her, then concernedly rushed over to continue speaking to her. "A-are you from around here, or...?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue May 21, 2019 1:54 am

"Hah??" The girl's head quickly darted to the side when Cookie approached her, seemingly caught a little off-guard. "O-oh! Uhm... Nope," she then responded, giving a shake of her head while sounding quite baffled. "... Actually, I dunno where 'here' is..." she went on to admit, "or how I even got here in the first place!"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue May 21, 2019 2:01 am

"You, too, huh?" Cookie remarked in response. She still looked a little surprised, but not as much as when she had first heard such a story; it was gradually becoming the norm here. "My new friends here"--she motioned to Robin and Lucas--"and I are in exactly the same pickle!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue May 21, 2019 2:15 am

"Whaaat, really?" the girl questioned surprisedly, glancing between Cookie, Robin, and Lucas. "Well huh, that's--... That's really weird!" she squeaked up somewhat as she remarked, unable to find much more of a response than this. "... Are you all tryna find out what's going on?" she went on to ask, momentarily turning her head to check on the village. Though she was virtually defenseless at the moment, she still longed to rush to the villagers' aid in some way.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 am

"That's the plan," Robin chimed in, walking over and standing next to Cookie. He then turned his head to stare worriedly towards the village again. "That's going to have to wait for now, though. This village is in dire need of help," he commented, sounding rather solemn.

"Yeah, I agree! We can't just watch the whole thing burn down!" Cookie piped up in agreement. "If only I had something to use in battl--... Oh!" Happening to glance at the stick that Lucas was carrying, she got an idea. "Of course! Be right back!" Without hesitation, she dashed back to the edge of the woods in search of something.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue May 21, 2019 2:47 am

"Eh? OK; sure...!" the girl gave a nod, though she looked a bit confused for a moment; until her gaze made its way to the stick as well, that is. "... Ohhh!" she breathed, now pretty sure she understood what Cookie was up to. "Good idea...!!"

Lucas, having just moved closer to join the rest of the group, watched as Cookie dashed past him and back to the woods' edge. While she was away, his attention was quick to return to the village, watching it with wide and concerned eyes.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next