Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blazing star - goldstar - book one

+5
Jewelsky
✦*Cometstar*✦
Shadowdragon
Roseblossom
Goldy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

blazing star - goldstar - book one Empty blazing star - goldstar - book one

Post by Goldy Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hey guys! This is my new Goldstar series.

about it
{click for info}:

notes
{click for disclaimers}:

vm/pm list
(please specify which site you'd like to be VM'd or PM'd on!)
{users}:

prologue
Peaceful silence filled the clan territories. CloudClan and LightningClan, the two groups of cats who ruled the forest, had faced many seasons alongside each other, and their alliance had eliminated the need for a nighttime patrol. On this night, all of the stars shone brightly, even though the wind bore the scent of rain. The silence had reached the heart of the camps of both forest clans; except for two cats.

Rainstar, the CloudClan leader, sat tensely near the edge of her territory, though her gray mottled pelt lay flat and sleek. Anxiously, she looked up at the star-filled sky, as though waiting for something to fall out of it. Swiveling her ears, she listened for any unusual sounds, but heard only the familiar forest noises. Curling her tabby-striped tail over her paws, she braced herself for a chilly late autumn night.

The other she-cat, a cream-colored longhair with markings that were almost pink, was also a Clan leader: Rosestar of LightningClan. She raced through the forest, her heart pounding but her breathing calm and steady. Sensing the CloudClan border, she momentarily slowed her pace before dashing across. After all, she was coming by the request of the CloudClan leader. Running between the trees, she came upon a clearing. At the edge sat the mottled gray clan leader. "Rainstar." The cream-colored she-cat dipped her head in greeting. "Why have you called me here tonight?"

Rainstar again looked up at the night sky. "A prophecy." She meowed simply. Rosestar looked at her quizzically. Rainstar continued, "They told me to watch the skies, that an omen would impact both of our Clans. You needed to be here." Rainstar's words were met only by silence, but Rosestar sat down and fixed her turquoise eyes on the stars.

The moon shone faintly, though it was as thin as a claw in the sky. Not a long time had passed, but both she-cats had started to lose optimism. Suddenly, movement caught Rosestar's eyes. "A shooting star." She breathed. The two cats leapt to their paws. A golden trail blazed after the star, forming a path that seemed to lead far from Clan territory. "We need to follow the path!" Rainstar meowed to her companion before dashing in the direction of the star's trail, Rosestar just behind her.

The two of them ran until they reached the edge of the Clan territories, close to the border between CloudClan and LightningClan. Glancing up at the sky, Rainstar noticed that the trail had faded into darkness. "Which direction do we go in now?" She meowed to Rosestar in a frustrated tone. Before the other leader could reply, both cats heard a high-pitched mewl coming from a shrub of bracken.

Rosestar gently pushed the fronds aside, revealing a tiny golden-furred she-kit. Inhaling sharply, she pulled the kit out of the bracken. "We need to get her back to camp!" she gasped around the kitten's scruff, turning in the direction of the LightningClan camp. Rainstar intercepted her path. "The CloudClan camp is closer." She mewed before leading the way through the trees.

The kit, later named Goldkit, was accepted by CloudClan in the moons that followed. She often heard the story of how a StarClan messenger had lead Rosestar and Rainstar to her.

But her story did not end there.

{prologue notes}:

chapter one
"My apprentice ceremony?!" I squealed, my fluffy gold-and-white tail flying straight up. Rainstar looked down at me, amusement glimmering in her blue eyes. "Yes. You look about six moons old, Goldkit." I looked at my white-tipped paws, excitement and nervousness fizzing beneath my fur. I would officially become a member of CloudClan! I couldn't wait.

As soon as my leader padded away, I dashed to the small clearing behind the nursery. Surrounded by thorn thickets and bramble bushes, it was hidden to most of the Clan. Inside the barrier was soft grass, moss, and ferns. It was the perfect spot for playing, practicing warrior skills, and climbing the small tree that grew near the brambles. The best part? I was the only cat who knew about it.

I figured that the best thing I could do would be to practice my hunting alone. I needed to burn off nervous energy. Wriggling through the brambles, whose thorns parted my long fur, I scented the cool spring air. I relished the times that I could be alone. Pale sunlight warming my pelt, I leaped onto a low branch of the tree. Closing my olive green eyes, I imagined what it would be like to be a warrior, protecting my Clan with all of my strength.

Suddenly, I felt my claws slip from the bark of the tree. My eyes shot open and I tumbled to the ground. Luckily, the long grass cushioned my fall. How embarrassing. I'm glad none of my Clanmates saw that. I would be an apprentice tonight, and here I was acting like an uncoordinated kit. Picking myself up, I shook out my pelt and settled down to detangle the bits of twigs and leaves from my fur.

Sunset had arrived. I felt as though stars were twinkling in my paws. "Let all cats gather for a Clan meeting!" I heard Rainstar's yowl, and a wave of adrenaline coursed through me. I had been waiting for this moment for as long as I could remember, so why was I so nervous? I padded up beside the highcliff, and at Rainstar's signal, I leapt on, scrabbling at the stone with my claws.

Once all of CloudClan was assembled, Rainstar began, "Cats of CloudClan, Goldkit has reached six moons, and tonight she will become an apprentice and begin her warrior training. Goldkit, do you agree to protect CloudClan, and train hard to defend your clanmates?" I exhaled slowly. "I do." I mewed calmly, my anxiety fading. "Then, until you receive your warrior name, I name you Goldpaw."

Goldpaw! My apprentice name sent a shiver of excitement down my spine. "I trust that you will learn the ways of the warrior code. I can see no better cat than Rootwhisker to mentor you." If I wasn't excited enough, now I felt as though I could burst. I'm the deputy's apprentice! Rootwhisker looked surprised as well, but as he touched noses with me, he looked thrilled to have an apprentice to train.

After the cheers had died down, I leaped off of the highcliff and my clanmates started to disband. I whispered to Rootwhisker, "can we get started on training tonight?" My new mentor purred in amusement. "How about tomorrow morning? It's late, and I've been on patrol all day. I'll take you out to see the territory. Now, why don't you find a nest in the apprentices' den? You won't be sleeping in the nursery anymore." I waved my tail. "Deal!"

That night, I scraped together a comfortable nest of moss and bracken. I had even made a new friend: Moonpaw. She helped me make a nest next to hers. We even made a pact to train together and teach each other everything we learned. Settling into my nest, I curled my tail over my nose. "Goodnight, Moonpaw." I mumbled to my new denmate. "Goodnight, Goldpaw." came her reply from the darkness. Feeling excited for morning, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

{chapter one notes}:

chapter two
I stretched my back into an arch. "Why do we have to get up so early?" I complained to Moonpaw, who was yawning. The sun had just begun to rise. "Don't let Rootwhisker here you talking like that!" She replied. "We have to get up early to start training." I knew she was right. I was so excited about seeing the territory for the first time that I quickly overcame my fatigue.

Following Moonpaw, I stepped out of the apprentices' den, blinking at the faint light filtering through dark clouds in the sky. The camp was empty, save for Rootwhisker and Shadowdragon sitting at the edge of the camp. We walked over to the two toms and meowed a greeting. "So, you're the new apprentice." Shadowdragon mewed to me. "I hope you pick up skills as quickly as my apprentice, Moonpaw!" Moonpaw lifted her head proudly.

Rootwhisker flicked his tail. "I've just sent out the dawn patrols. Rainpaw went with them, so you won't be training with her today. She's older than the two of you, anyway." Turning to Shadowdragon, he continued, "We should train Moonpaw and Goldpaw together today. I need to show Goldpaw the territory, and it wouldn't hurt for Moonpaw to increase her knowledge as well."

Moonpaw and I looked excitedly at each other. Shadowdragon nodded in approval. "That would be fine. Knowing the territory is important, and Moonpaw hasn't yet seen all of it." The silver tabby apprentice flicked me with her tail, purring, and the four of us set off into the forest.

"Wow, it's amazing!" I meowed in wonder as I looked at the huge waterfall. Droplets clung to my fur as mist sprayed from the thundering water. "And the stream leads all the way to camp?" Moonpaw, enjoying knowing more about the territory than I did, meowed in a haughty tone, "Yes. All of the streams that we drink from branch off of this one. Cool, isn't it?" I nodded in response.

Shadowdragon dipped his head to his apprentice. "That's right. We haven't had a drought in ages, but if we did, the streams would dry up and we wouldn't have water to drink. Luckily, we always get plenty of rain. It looks like we'll get some today." Rootwhisker twitched his nose. "Across the stream is LightningClan, our allies. Can you smell their scent?" He meowed to me. I sniffed the air. "I can smell other cats. They smell funny!"

Suddenly, a small group of cats appeared from the trees across the stream. Is that LightningClan? "Not as funny as you do!" A pretty, light brown apprentice with black dapples meowed. "Hush, Cheetahpaw!" An older she-cat snapped. The apprentice dipped her head. "Sorry, Owlflight." She meowed, her green eyes sparkling with laughter. I purred in amusement. LightningClan is just like CloudClan!

Rootwhisker exchanged greetings with the LightningClan patrol, and we continued down the stream. Gradually, my paws started to ache, and Rootwhisker and Shadowdragon began to lead us back to the camp. "You did well for your first outing as an apprentice." Shadowdragon meowed good-naturedly. I purred in response.

Suddenly, large raindrops spattered on the grass beneath our paws. I shivered as the water seeped through my fur. "It looks like a storm." At Shadowdragon's remark, lighting cracked in the sky. "Come on, hurry!" Rootwhisker shouted over the thunder. I ran as fast as I could, but I lagged behind the rest of the group. My paws caught on a bramble tendril, and I stumbled to a halt.

Moonpaw, seeing me far behind, ran back toward me. She helped me to my paws and ran alongside me until we reached the camp. "Thanks, Moonpaw." I meowed in gratitude as we came to a stop beside our mentors. "Good job today." Rootstar meowed with a nod. "You can have your pick of prey." Our eyes widened. "Thanks, Rootwhisker!" Moonpaw meowed, and we raced to the kill pile.

"Aw, it's all wet." I meowed in disappointment. Already, the rain was beginning to subside. Moonpaw scooped out a squirrel from the bottom of the heap. "This one's not too bad." She meowed. "Want to share?" I purred in thanks. We dragged the squirrel into the apprentices' den, where Rainpaw was waiting.

"Hello." I meowed shyly. Rainpaw was almost ready to become a warrior, and I hadn't really met her yet. "Goldpaw, right?" the gray apprentice meowed. "I'm Rainpaw, if you didn't know. It's nice to meet you." I sighed inwardly with relief, glad that the other apprentice was so polite. "Want to share our squirrel?" I asked, pushing the limp body forward. Together, the three of us ate, sheltered from the storm outside.

{chapter two notes}:

chapter three
The full moon sat high in the sky, unobscured by clouds. Rainstar lead out patrol, flicking her tail to guide us. I walked near the back of the group, slightly behind Rainpaw. Rootwhisker slowed his pace to walk beside me. "Are you nervous for the gathering?" he asked me quietly. I nodded slightly. "A little." A lot.

A half moon had passed since beginning my apprentice training. Tonight was my first gathering. I was a quite nervous. I knew that LightningClan wasn't very different from us, but I knew I would feel uncomfortable around so many unfamiliar cats. Moonpaw was staying behind due to a cough, and I felt shy without my friend next to me.

Our Clan reached the Crossed-streams, and Rainstar leaped onto a large boulder to cross. After regaining her balance, she signaled with her tail for us to follow and jumped onto the grass on the other side. I followed behind my Clanmates, struggling to scramble onto the smooth stone. I felt teeth grip my scruff, and I pulled myself onto the stone.

"Thanks." I meowed to Rainpaw, who was looking brightly at me. We both leapt from the rock as hard as our legs would allow us, and made it to the grass on the other side of the stream. At the gathering spot, LightningClan was waiting. "You took your time, Rainstar." A cream-colored cat meowed with a friendly glint in her eyes. "However, there's still time for socializing." I assumed she was LightningClan's leader, Rosestar; her voice rang loudly and other cats listened.

I pressed into Rainpaw, feeling uncomfortable around so many cats. "Cheetahpaw!" Rainpaw called, and I saw the spotted apprentice I had seen across the stream. Cheetahpaw bounded over. "Hello!" She meowed, touching noses with Rainpaw. She looked at me. "Hi there! I'm Cheetahpaw. You must be a new apprentice. We have two in our Clan; Dapplepaw and Echopaw." Turning around, she saw that the two young cats were not behind her.

"Dapplepaw! Echopaw!" Cheetahpaw called. A small, lightly speckled brown apprentice crouched next to a grey she-cat with black and white markings at the edge of the clearing. The two of them looked less than excited to be at the gathering. "Get over here!" Cheetahpaw called again, and the two she-cats shyly padded over.

"Hi, I'm Goldpaw." I meowed to the apprentices. They both looked even younger than I was. "I'm Dapplepaw." The speckled apprentice looked at the ground, not meeting my eyes. "I'm Echopaw!" The grey apprentice meowed, some of her caution forgotten. I too wasn't feeling nervous anymore. Hopefully I can reach Dapplepaw. She doesn't need to be scared.

"Let the gathering begin." Rainstar's meow silenced the chatter in the clearing. I was sitting between Dapplepaw and Echopaw. Rainpaw and Cheetahpaw quietly continued arguing about who would be the first to catch a fish, until Rootwhisker silenced them with a glare. Rainstar adjusted her position on the tall birch used by the leaders for speaking at gatherings.

"CloudClan has two new apprentices: Moonpaw and Goldpaw. Unfortunately, Moonpaw has caught a cough and couldn't make it to the gathering." Some cheers broke out, and I felt mixed pride and worry for my friend. "Moonpaw! Moonpaw!" I cheered with the other  clan cats. "Poor thing." I heard a LightningClan cat meow sympathetically. CloudClan didn't have much news to report; the steams had swollen but their depth was already starting to decline.

Rosestar leaped up to her branch on the tree. "LightningClan is peaceful as well." She began. "We too have two new apprentices; Dapplepaw and Echopaw." I flicked the two of them with my tail. Echopaw looked thrilled, and even though Dapplepaw was dipping her head in embarrassment, her eyes gleamed with pride. "Dapplepaw! Echopaw!" I cheered.

LightningClan reported that they had found the bones of several rabbits just outside of their territory, along with rogue scent. It wasn't unusual; plenty of lone cats travel close to clan territory. When Rosestar had no more to discuss, both leaders leaped from their branches and disappeared into the throng of cats. "What now?" I whispered to Rainpaw.

"We can talk a bit longer, but we'll be heading home soon." She replied before dashing off to settle her argument with Cheetahpaw. I sighed and padded off to sit with Rootstar, who was discussing hunting tactics with older warriors from LightningClan who's names I didn't yet know. How dull. I curled up and tucked my tail under my nose, wondering when we would leave.

"Goldpaw! Goldpaw! Wake up!" Rainpaw was prodding my side. I jumped to my paws with a start. Was the gathering only a dream? Cheetahpaw stood behind Rainpaw, her whiskers twitching in amusement. We were still at the Crossed-streams. Tell me I didn't fall asleep at a gathering! My pelt burned with embarrassment.

"Don't worry, you're not the first apprentice that's happened to." Rainpaw meowed sympathetically. "We have to go now, though! We're the last CloudClan cats still here." Hanging my tail, I sulked out of the clearing behind Rainpaw after saying a goodbye to my new friends. Hopefully no one else noticed! As we walked back to camp, I was definitely ready to go home.

{chapter three notes}:

chapter four
I had been so tired on that walk back to camp, but now that I was finally in my nest I couldn't fall asleep. Maybe it was Moonpaw's quiet coughing, but I felt something prickling down my spine. I stood up, stretched, and curled back into my nest. I held myself still until I grew tired.

Moments later, I felt cool air wash over me. Blinking open my eyes, I saw a field of long grass surrounding me, not a tree in sight. Is this a dream? It feels so surreal, but at the same time like I've been here before...

"Goldpaw." A voice meowed from behind me. I turned around, nearly tripping over my paws. I saw a silver she-cat standing in the grass. Her fur seemed to shimmer, and I noticed that I could see the grass rustling through her. "Are you from StarClan? Why am I here?" I asked in a hushed tone. Silvermoon, our medicine cat, had described to me what dreams from our ancestors felt like, and I knew that I was having one; although I never thought that I would.

The silver she-cat dipped her head. "My name is Stormstar." She began. I knew the name. She was a former leader, and the clans still remembered her in stories. "I have come to give you a message. I have a feeling that it may change the fate of the clans." Her words sent a shiver up my spine. Why would this involve me?

I remained silent as the former leader continued. "You have a sister. She comes from a litter of one, like yours. She has no knowledge of you or even the clans. It's your duty to find her and bring her to the forest."

I stood in shock. "How can I do this alone? How can I have a sister?" I wanted to ask more questions, but they froze on my tongue. Stormstar explained that I would find a clue to help my on my journey when I woke up. Then, I was plunged into blackness.

I blinked open my eyes, struggling to see. The sun was starting to rise, but I wouldn't be going on an early patrol today. Suddenly, I remembered Stormstar's clue. A faint dusty smell filled the den, and I glanced around for the source.

I saw it lying next to my nest, light brown and crusted with earth. I rolled it between my paws. It's eyes seemed to stare up at me.

It was a potato.

I knew what I had to do.

"Rainstar, I'm sorry but I have to leave." I meowed, dipping my head to my leader. I had been trying to convince her for several minutes. "We need you, Goldpaw." She dug her claws into the ground. Uneasiness prickled my paws. "I have to find my sister, Rainstar. You don't know how much this means to me." Rainstar still looked annoyed, even after I explained my responsibility. "Then go." She meowed quietly, and I hesitantly left her den.

After saying a long goodbye to my clanmates, I set out into the forest, all alone. I was too inexperienced, too naive to be out by myself. However, it was the will of the stars, and my Clan couldn't contradict that. Hopefully I'll find Potato quickly. Then I won't be lonely anymore.

{chapter four notes}:

chapter five
I had spent one night out of camp. I had felt strange sleeping without the comfort of my clanmates next to me. I managed to catch a mouse in the morning, but I had not eaten since then. It was midday now, but the sky showed an odd yellow tint through the clouds, and I wondered if the sun was setting earlier than usual.

The two days of walking had taken me far from camp. I really had no idea of where I was going; it was as though my paws were leading me and I was following them. I couldn't wait to meet my sister. I'd never met her, but imagined her now- long golden fur like mine, kind and caring and shy- for some reason I imagined her eyes to be blue, contrary to mine which were olive green.

The wind picked up suddenly, buffeting my fur and making me stagger. The sky darkened. Has night fallen already? No, the sky was still yellow, but dark clouds had covered the sun. Even the birds were silent. My fur crawled. It looks like rain. I need to find somewhere to sleep.

Suddenly, I halted. As I broke out of the trees, a vast expanse of water had opened up in front of me. Waves hungrily pounced on the shore. This lake is huge! Will I need to get around it? I leaped down my ledge and felt sand on my paws. Padding over to the water, I lapped up a few drops with my tongue. Freshwater. I could spend the night here.

Rain began to fall lightly, soaking my fur and chilling my skin. I shivered and darted back to the rocks that bordered the beach. They were too tightly pressed to squeeze into. I tried to dislodge some stones with my claws, but to no avail. I leaped onto the rocks and looked out over the lake. Though the rain blurred my vision, I sat for a moment and watched the water rise and fall on the sand.

Peering into the distance, I noticed something unusual. On the horizon, a massive cloud seemed to stretch down and touch the water. The cloud got larger, and I realized that it was coming closer to the beach. I'm not sure why, but something inside me screamed at me to flee. The beach was too exposed. I turned and ran into the forest.

It could have been hours or heartbeats, but I finally stopped running to look behind me. I felt swirling torrents of wind and rain sweeping my fur and nearly tipping me off of my paws. I crouched low and stared back in the direction of the lake. Suddenly, I heard a groaning noise to my right. I whipped around and saw a birch tree crashing to the ground, it's roots exposed. Panicking, I dashed into the forest.

The swirling storm was upon me. Rain pelted me, sharp against my skin. I turned sharply to the right, dodging trees and undergrowth as I ran. I'd hoped to make it back to the beach. The storm was furious but small, and had surely passed the beach by now.

Suddenly, a large pine splintered in front of me. My instincts tried to fling me in the opposite direction. I skidded frantically toward the tree, scrambling to regain my paws. The pine toppled, with me under it. Everything went black.

{chapter five notes}:

chapter six
I opened my eyes, blinking in the pale sunlight. I was in a den of some sort, and there was a strong scent of plants somewhere deeper into it. I tried to stand, but my left front leg collapsed under me. I fell back, and realized that I had been sleeping on a nest of bracken and feathers- not moss, but still comfortable. Where am I?

As I peered around the den, a shadow crossed over my eyes. At the entrance of the den a silhouette of a cat stood against the sun. The cat padded into the den, and I saw that it was a she- cat with a short gray-brown pelt with white fur blazing on her paws, face and underbelly. Her eyes were blue.

"You're awake." The cat meowed. Her voice was blunt. "How's your foreleg?" She didn't sound particularly concerned, but she looked at me for a response. "Uh, it's okay. Hurts a bit. Who are you?" I replied. I was weary of this cat, but she clearly didn't mean me harm.

Ignoring my question, she dropped a mouse in front of me. "Eat." She padded off to the back of the den, and I didn't try to follow. Instead, I sniffed at the prey.  The cat was clearly a rogue. Why would she bring me a mouse? "Thank you. Did you catch this?" I called after her. "No." The rogue was focused on her business, whatever it was.

If she hasn't caught the mouse, who had? It was definitely freshly killed. Dipping my head in gratitude, I took a bite of the mouse. When the she-cat returned to the main den, I flicked my tail to get her attention. "How did you find me?" I asked. All I could remember was the storm and the fallen tree. I wondered what had occurred in the lapsed time.

"I found you pinned underneath a tree. The tornado must have uprooted it." The rogue began. What's a tornado? It must be the storm. "You were unconscious for many sunrises. I was worried you wouldn't wake up." The cat sat down, and I could tell that she wasn't as sharp and hostile inside as she was out.

"Your foreleg was dislocated. I fixed it, but it will still ache until you exercise on it." I experimentally flexed my leg. Pains shot up to my shoulder, and I let it go limp. "It hurts. I'm not sure if I can." The she-cat nudged something in front of me. "This will make it hurt less." She meowed. I sniffed the tiny specks.

"Poppy seeds." I meowed. I recognized the scent from the CloudClan medicine den, when I had gotten a thorn stuck in my paw as a kit. "You use them as well?" The she-cat asked curiously. "Most  rogues don't know many herbs."

I purred in amusement. "Oh, I'm not a rogue. I'm a clan cat!" The gray-brown rogue tilted her head. "Clan cat?" "Yes. We live in groups of many cats. There's usually enough prey to go around, since everyone shares. There are two Clans, CloudClan and LightningClan. I'm a CloudClan cat." The she-cat curled her tail around her paws. "That sounds... interesting. I'd love to hear more about it."

I told her all about the two clans until the sun was low in the sky. The rogue listened intently, though never interrupted. When I grew tired, I curled up in my nest. "Go to sleep." The she-cat meowed. "You need it. I never asked; what's your name?" I yawned. "Goldpaw." I meowed sleepily. "What's yours?" The she-cat dipped her head. "My name's Potato."

{chapter six notes}:

chapter seven
I stood and stretched, relishing the morning sun slanting through the den entrance. Potato was curled a few tail-lengths away, sleeping. How had I not realized that the rogue was my sister? Though her coarse gray-brown pelt was a contrast to my long  golden fur, we had the same white markings and tufted ears. I yawned and padded over to the rogue- my sister.

"Potato, come on! You told me to wake you up at sunrise." The she-cat lashed her striped tail irritably. "I'm coming, Goldpaw. Geez." I bounced around the den, excited like a kit. Potato glanced sadly around her den. It might be the last time she'll see it. This must be hard for her.

Nearly three quarters of a moon had passed since I woke up in my sister's den. My leg was completely healed. I had spent the long days convincing Potato to join CloudClan and journey back to the clans' forest with me. Eventually, she gave in, somewhat reluctantly, assuring me that if she did not find clan life to her liking, she wouldn't stay. Even so, I suspected that she was just as excited as I was, if not more so.

We would be heading to the clans today. "I'm ready. Let's go." Potato meowed, her voice unusually solemn but determined. I stepped out into the sunlight, my sister beside me. "Shall we hunt first?" I asked. Potato's eyes gleamed mischievously. "I'm quite tired. I have a better idea." My fur prickled uneasily. It had better be a good one!

Potato lead us through her forest. Gradually I noticed that we were following a scent trail that smelled as though it was made by two or three other cats. "Potato, where are we going?" I questioned. She lashed her tail to silence me. "Almost there." She hissed, and I shifted my paws uneasily.

I saw movement through the trees in front of us. Straining my eyes, I could make out the shape of a cat- no, two- padding through the forest. Rogues? I didn't make a sound. One cat was carrying a plump rabbit. My mouth watered at the thought of food, but one--the tomcat--looked aggressive.

Potato crouched and stalked toward the rogues. I stood frozen. What is she doing? Suddenly, she padded out in front of the cats. "I wouldn't mind some of that rabbit." She meowed, her voice low but threatening. The two cats jumped in surprise and turned to face her. The she-cat, who was holding the rabbit, looked uneasy. I noticed that she was quite young.

The tough-looking black tom backed away. "It's Potato! Silver, just give her the rabbit and run!" My sister crouched threateningly, swishing her tail. The panicked she-cat dropped the prey and the two rogues turned and ran through the trees. Potato picked up the rabbit and padded over to me. "Works every time."

I stared at her in disbelief. "How... Why..." I started. Potato's blue eyes glimmered darkly. "I know that stealing prey is wrong. But I've seen that tom take prey from cats who can't defend themselves. I like to keep him and their gang in their place." The brown she-cat looked downcast. "Their claws are sharp, but mine are sharper. I ruled this forest. It's hard to leave when this is all I've known."

I reached out and touched Potato with my tail. "You don't have to come if you don't want to." I meowed softly. I would miss my sister, but I wanted her to be happy. Potato shook herself as though clearing herself of her memories. "I said I would come, Goldpaw. I'm not backing out."

After finishing the rabbit, we walked slowly through the forest, stopping every now and then to admire the beautiful autumn leaves. When the sun was again low in the sky, the trees became scarce, and we were looking out over a grassy field. Potato sighed and stood still, watching the sun set over the forest that had been a home to her for all of her life.

"Are you sure we're going in the right direction?" I asked my sister. My instincts had guided me to Potato's forest, but I wasn't sure of the way home. The journey three weeks prior felt distant. "I hope so." Potato replied, sounding a bit uneasy.

I stepped into the field. "Then let's go."

{chapter seven notes}:

chapter eight
Potato and I matched each other step for step, though one of us occasionally bounded ahead to scent for prey or danger. Four sunrises had passed since we left my sister's den. My journey had taken only a slightly longer length of time, but there was still no sign of the clan territories. With every step of my paws, my uneasiness grew. I felt as though we were growing even more distant from my home.

"I'm almost sure I never came through here, Potato." I meowed nervously to my sister. Potato sighed exasperatedly. "How about that way, then?" She flicked her tail to the right. I felt hopeless; it was all forest, impossible to recognize anything but trees. "Why not?" I lashed my tail, angry at myself.

We padded through the forest. I couldn't tell if we we headed in the right direction. The pine trees loomed over us, an endless forest. There were no pine trees near the clan territories. A gust of wind chilled my pelt. Where are we?

Swiveling my ears, I heard a scuffling sound from under a bush. I dropped into a hunters' crouch, and began creeping forward. Potato and I hadn't eaten since before dawn, when we had shared a scrawny mouse, and the sun was now high in the sky. I twitched my tail and shifted my haunches, preparing to pounce.

Suddenly, a small gray head with wide blue eyes appeared from the leaves. Upon seeing me, a surprised yowl pierced the air. I jumped, startled, and Potato rushed over. "What? What's happened?" She paced around me. I stared at the creature, and she stared back. "Looks like you've found a kitten." Potato meowed unenthusiastically.

"I know you. You stole my rabbit!" The young she-cat meowed indignantly to my sister, fur bristling. Recognition dawned in my eyes as I recognized the gray she-cat, who had been carrying a rabbit, from a few days prior. "Well, I'm sorry about that." I meowed. "I'm not." Potato grumbled behind me.

"Why are you here? I know you're a part of Panther's gang." Potato advanced on the frightened kit. Panther, I assumed, was the tom from Potato's forest. The small gray she-cat shrunk back. "I'm not! Not anymore. My name's Silver."

Potato lashed her tail. "Have you been following us?" The kitten, Silver, looked indignant. "No! Well, maybe." She mewed hesitantly. My sister growled, and I nudged her away. "It's just a kit, Potato! Let it go." I meowed quietly. "Where are the others?" Potato demanded, ignoring me. Silver backed away. "It's just me. I left."

"Why would you leave?" I asked the young cat. "Panther doesn't tolerate traitors. Even if they're only kits." Potato added with a hiss. Silver looked downcast. "I snuck out last night. They didn't see me. I don't agree with what they do to other cats." I meowed sympathetically. Even Potato seemed to soften. "Me too, kid."

"Wait a moment." Something Silver had said stuck out to me. "You said you left last night?" "Yeah. I've been walking since before dawn." Silver replied curiously. I looked at my sister, her eyes reflecting my dismay. "Potato, this means we're still less than a day's journey from your forest." I meowed, my voice empty. "I don't know where we are."

{chapter eight notes}:

Last edited by Goldy on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:03 am; edited 28 times in total
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18894

Back to top Go down

blazing star - goldstar - book one Empty Re: blazing star - goldstar - book one

Post by Roseblossom Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Can't wait, Goldy~
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28046

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks! :D I had to get off my laptop right away, but I'm on my phone now and I posted the prologue. c:
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks good Goldy :3
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Herbs : 54
Fresh-kill : 21291

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Thank you, Shadowdragon! :D also, the second chapter / chapter one is up!
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ✦*Cometstar*✦ Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Ohmagosh, it's awesome so far! :D I really like it and just wow, I wish I could write as well as you! Lol
✦*Cometstar*✦
✦*Cometstar*✦
Clan Leader

Herbs : 176
Fresh-kill : 17691

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Great job. :3
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 pm

This is great~! o3o
I don't care if I'm bad at hunting or anything. xD To be honest, that's probably pretty accurate
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62398

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks so much, Cometsong and Jules! I was just using your name as an example anyway. xD
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:44 pm

I know. Ex;
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatrix Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:22 pm

This is great ^^
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Warrior

Herbs : 29
Fresh-kill : 17556

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:28 pm

OOOOH I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE CHAPTERS :D
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33119

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:47 am

OHMAAAIGOSH
I cant wait for more~!
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19867

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:38 am

Same. :D
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:10 am

Double same :0
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19867

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:32 am

TRIPLE SAME
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28046

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Thanks guys! :D I might put up Ch 2 today.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Awesome. :D
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpaw Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:17 pm

I love this! It's so well written, and I can't wait to read more :3
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Apprentice

Herbs : 5
Fresh-kill : 17877

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks, you guys! I just posted chapter two. I forgot that there's been more than one Rainpaw! xD

Anyway, I have three questions-
1) should I start putting the chapters in spoilers? I like how it looks open, but once I add more chapters the page could get stretched and take longer to load.
2) should I add a VM list, and VM you guys when I add a new chapter? If I did, should I notify people on here or on WI?
3) at what rate should I continue the story? Should each chapter be a day (obviously skipping days, like one chapter might be a half moon later than the other) or have each chapter take place over a moon or so? Personally I like the first option, but you guys might get bored reading it.

I hope it doesn't seem dull! I'm working on writing about Goldy's first gathering, and after that she'll be setting out to find her long-lost older sister, Potato. xD
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:48 pm

I love the chapter. Perfect. :3

1. Maybe, that'll make it easier.
2. I usually look at notifications so I'd know. Other people might want it though.
3. Each chapter = a day
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:47 pm

(Shadow, I know you were actually Blueclaw of LC back then, you don't mind if you're Shadowdragon of CC for the story? x3)

Anyway, Ch 3 is up :O I'm not sure how I wrote it that fast, it's even a bit longer than the other chapters o3o
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:02 pm

(No, I don't mind. CC is my home now. :3)

I'll go read now, thought I'd answer your question first. o3o
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatrix Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:39 pm

I love the new chapters :D
Bellatrix
Bellatrix