Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skulltimate/Cookie Honeybun: Girl Wonder (Extremely important announcement in first post; major transition in progress)

+4
Vinefrost
Jewelsky
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
8 posters

Go down

Thumbs Up Skulltimate/Cookie Honeybun: Girl Wonder (Extremely important announcement in first post; major transition in progress)

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:19 pm

-Announcements/Progress-
IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT
This is such an important announcement, I felt the need to actually move this section to the top of the post.
After an extremely long period of planning, development, and discussion about #CHGW, Misty and I have accomplished many things behind-the-scenes. The biggest of these accomplishments is, by far, our work involving #Skulltimate; we brought them from being a vague idea we had many years ago (before even Cookie herself), to being some of the most well-thought-out and developed characters in the entire work.

At one point, we came to the realization that Skulltimate had too much potential to be mere recurring characters. We decided to split the theoretical cartoon in half, with the first half focusing on Cookie's POV, and the latter focusing on Skulltimate.

We had always understood the reason why Cookie's series could only stay alive in short bursts; at present, her setting gives us very little to work with. To come up with a simple plot that could work as even a short cartoon, we always had to put in a great amount of effort; far more than we should have had to.

We only realized the severity of the problem after we really got to work on Skulltimate's part of the series. Unlike Cookie, ideas for Skulltimate were brewing at an incredible rate. We found ourselves more connected to these four characters than ever before, to the point where we randomly slip into character sometimes when joking around on a regular basis. I'm even going so far as to compose their actual music--a set of five songs is currently in the works, which are planned to go together as a suite. I'm not sure if, how, or when this music will actually be heard/released, but it's giving us a deeper idea of what the band sounds like and is all about, allowing us to write even more confidently about them.

Today or so, we came to what is probably our most important, series-changing conclusion yet. With Skulltimate's development only going more and more smoothly, and Cookie still severely lacking in material, we ultimately decided that the series will now mainly focus on Skulltimate. As a result, the series will be renamed primarily after them. Cookie's part of the work will still retain the same title, but when referring to the work as a whole, Skulltimate will precede it.

Currently, we're still planning some things out; there are a couple of crucial concept arts and reference sheets that need to be drawn. After that, we'll be thinking about how to get on with the actual comic.
When it's time to start, I've decided that I'd rather NOT draw it on CS/ChickenPaint for a few reasons-

• We recently came across Krita--a fantastic (and free) art/drawing program--and I'd love to be able to use it for drawing the cartoon.
  • If using the aforementioned program instead of ChickenPaint, we can draw on whatever size of canvas we wish, or even draw some cells as separate pictures to combine later if the need arises.
  • We want this revival of the series to be "the big one"; the part where we put everything we have into it. As a result, we want to find the perfect place to post our work, and we can't be tied down to a section on an unrelated forum. A website of our own is ideal, but we may have to make do with something else until we're able to create one.

Any small challenges aside, I feel like everything is going very well at the moment, and things look bright. I hope that, in the (hopefully) near future, we're able to make this work once and for all. c:

EDIT: OK, so we suddenly decided to abruptly change Skulltimate's name after all these years to #Skulltima for originality reasons. o3o

EDIT 2: Forget the name change; they are and always will be #Skulltimate. Cool

------

Series history:

--Comic Archive--

-Cookie Honeybun: Girl Wonder-

Cover on CS

Standalone Strips-
Strip 1
Strip 2

Arcs-
Arc 1: Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Whitefeather on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : Extremely important announcement)
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32787

Back to top Go down

Thumbs Up Re: Skulltimate/Cookie Honeybun: Girl Wonder (Extremely important announcement in first post; major transition in progress)

Post by Mistystar Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:21 pm

It's great to see that this has a thread here, now. :D

If I have anything to contribute to the thread itself, I'll put it in this post.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28127

Back to top Go down

Thumbs Up Re: Skulltimate/Cookie Honeybun: Girl Wonder (Extremely important announcement in first post; major transition in progress)

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:31 am

The second strip has been posted today, just as planned. JUST AS PLANNED. I love it when things go perfectly according to plans. OwO
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Haha, I love it. xD
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62378

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:47 pm

xD That second strip is hilarious! Cookie's personality really shines through in these. Hope to see a lot more of her over time :)

Also, is that website specifically for posting comic strips?

Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42514

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Thank you, viewers; it gladdens me to know that people really enjoy my most treasured creation. :'D

@Vineh- Actually, it's a collectable virtual pet site, I guess you could call it. However, it has a massive art community. There's even a group of boards where people draw on-site (using a Java-based drawing applet), then post their works once they're finished. Within that section, there's also indeed a board dedicated to comics and such, which is where my cartoons are being posted.
On a side note, I don't think I've seen anyone else on the site who mainly does humorous cartoons. I see an awful lot of "serious" comics, but I honestly think my cartoon is one of the only comedic ones there. xD
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:26 pm

I like it :D
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28026

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 pm

The new one's here, just as scheduled. We cut it really close, but we made it~
HUZZAH!
HUZZAH!
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Ooh, interesting! I wonder how that tree is involved. I'd guess that she tries to drop the head on the snowman from the top, but there's NO way she can climb up while holding it. Maybe she makes something? A catapult? Or maybe it's not the tree she's looking at, but the icicle? I really don't know. :P
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42514

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:28 pm

I wonder what Cookie has in mind. owo
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:01 pm

These are so amazing, Whiteh! x3 I absolutely love Cookie, and everything about her is so inspiring. I created a bunch of characters in early 2012 and I stopped working on them, due to lack of muse. Eyeroll But after seeing your comics with Cookie Honeybun, I decided to start writing/drawing them again, and a lot of them have gone through some MAJOR character development, especially one in particular, all thanks to your awesomeness. Thank you so much c":

I have no idea what Cookie's planning xD At first I thought it had something to do with using the icicle to help her stick it on top, but now I'm not sure. Can't wait for the next one!!
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34246

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:31 pm

I had no idea Cookie was so well-loved and appreciated around here. >w< That's really wonderful. ♪

As for the latest #CHGW news, I've finished part 2 of the current mini-plot tonight. It's ready to be posted tomorrow, so stay tuned, everyone. Cool
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:11 am

Eep, so glad there's a club now :D
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pm

They are incredible omgg
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19847

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm

I knowwww >w<
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:01 pm

NEWS, EVERYONE
In the first post

It's really important, and literally series-changing. ;3 Don't worry; #CHGW and Cookie herself will be fine, and her part of the work isn't going anywhere, but this lack of stuff to work with is literally killing the series. We'll just work on building up her POV behind the scenes, and it'll hopefully get somewhere this time.
But as for this new change of focus...
LONG LIVE #SKULLTIMATE \m/
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:01 am

THIS WORLD LIVES AGAIN!
YEEEEES
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17782

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Welp, sudden name change. #Skulltimate is now apparently #Skulltima. xD I changed it mainly to avoid clashing with anything else that may have used the phrase "Skulltimate" (apparently there was something to do with Monster High?? and some kind of store thing), but I think this name sounds a lot more elegant, which is a nice bonus. Cool
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Update: WHAT WAS I THINKING

Don't worry; they're Skulltimate again. All is well, all is right.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down