Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

1001 - ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 29 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:32 pm

The action was getting intense. Still keeping a close eye on Flint, Marie dove back into the ink, which was now much more widespread than before, and began quickly swimming around. Every now and then, she would pop up and throw another Burst Bomb, but didn't necessarily aim at her opponent. Heh... I almost forgot this guy has no way to deal with the ink I'm layin' down, she thought slyly to herself. It's not like he's got any of his own to cover mine up... He's gonna WISH he was a "Sea Blob" once I've given him nowhere to go! Almost surprisingly, given her usual laziness out of battle, she was doing a good job of staying on the move as she continued covering the ground with her bright lime-green ink.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 33532

Back to top Go down

1001 - ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 29 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Flint saw the ripples, and a sinister smile came onto his face. He flew over the ink, and once she was somewhat close to him, he flew a flurry of punches at her. His hands became coated in green ink, which was doing slight damage to him, but the fact that he could finally get a hit in on her far outweighed the aching he felt in his hands. He ended by swiping his tail at the ripples. Which did no damage to him whatsoever, as his tail was metal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
₮◊Яи∆∂◊$₮◊Яᄊ ∂∑קЦ₮ץ ◊モ ¢レ◊Ц∂¢レ∆и
You all are my Friends and I Love you very much <3
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(My email is available to the left of the screen under my rank. Feel free to use it if you need/want to contact me and I'm not online. 99% of the time I'll see it right away)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33844

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Marie ended up being struck by a few punches, but thankfully managed to slip out of the way of Flint's tail attack. Now that she had plenty of ink on the ground to maneuver in, she figured it would be safe to play slightly more offensively now. In response to being attacked, she popped out of the ink again, hurling two more Burst Bombs Flint's way. Then, she quickly swam off, putting some distance between her and the Kattaca before popping up again. This time, her Hero Charger started coming into play. She whirled around, took aim at his wings in particular, charged, and fired off an extremely long-ranged, compressed blast of ink his way. Immediately after releasing the first shot, she charged another, ready to unleash it if she had to. As this was an extremely advanced Charger, built for serious combat, it boasted not only impressive range, but also short charge time. This granted its wielder far less vulnerability than what was usual for Chargers, as it could fire more powerful shots with higher frequency.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Flint gasped barrel-rolling away from her charge shot "OK, now things get SERIOUS" He dashed forward folding his wings close to his sides causing him to descend faster. But he was prepared for a second charge shot if it came. He could see her aiming at him. He'd dodge if she shot again.

(My email is available to the left of the screen under my rank. Feel free to use it if you need/want to contact me and I'm not online. 99% of the time I'll see it right away)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:25 pm

"Pfft." Marie huffed in irritation when Flint dodged yet MORE of her attacks. "OK, Mr. Perfect; Gary Stu your way outta this!" she snapped at him tauntingly, firing not one more shot, but several, one after another. All of these shots, fired relatively frequently, were either fully-charged, or rather close to it. She was quite confident in her aim, which had a reputation for being quite sharp, but was still ready to switch gears again if Flint managed to get too close.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Flint snarled at her comment, but continued barrel rolling, to and fro, he got rather close, when a Charge shot hit the edge of his left wing. He spiraled out of control for a moment, then regained his composure. But the ink was still doing a hint of damage to him. He ignored it and dashed closer. 

He threw a punch and swung his tail at the same time.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:39 pm

"I'm Ember," the creature quickly, but kindly responded to the humanoid. "But what are you guys thinking?! Like I said before, it's too dangerous for y'all to create civil war amongst yourselves! There is a horrible monster lurking out here! I guarantee you there are more perils awaiting us." She turned towards the battle scene, pity etched in her feathered face and looked at Torsolus and solemnly said, "I'm on my way to kill this thing that destroyed my town...y'all seem to fight well...but...you should save your energies for the dangers that are hidden ahead of you. Come join me for a drink inside, and...if you please...tell them to snap out of it and they can join as well."

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Cookie was watching the battle in the distance with some amazement, but mostly concern. She was worried that one or both of them would end up getting hurt, and that was definitely not something they needed at the moment. "I'm with Ember," she piped up. "Someone's gotta stop them! We're supposed to be helping each other!" She seemed rather upset about the lack of harmony between the two.

"I agree," Robin responded with a small nod of his head. "If either of them get hurt, they won't be able to fight against our true enemy, whatever it may be, with their full strength... It could, in a worst-case scenario, cost them their lives."

---

As Flint rushed closer, Marie quickly hurled a Burst Bomb at him. However, in the split-second it spent flying through the air, she was struck by his swift attack. She squealed loudly in pain, being sent flying a bit, and receiving a wound on her left shoulder in the process when his bladed tail slashed across it. She was definitely not used to this sort of combat, so she was somewhat shocked. Before she hit the inky ground, she, as if by reflex, assumed squid form, partially as an instinctive response to danger. It took her a moment or two to pull herself back together. Once she did, however, she rose out of the ink again, took aim, threw another burst bomb, and proceeded to follow it up with another shot from the Charger. As she did this, however, pain could be observed on her face; her fangs were gritted tightly, and her eyes shimmered behind a slight layer of tears.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Flint heard her cry of pain, and saw her tears and gritted teeth. And after dodging her attack, landed. He crossed his arm. "OK, this battle is over." He sighed "We need our strength, and shouldn't actually hurt each other.
He glanced at the others watching "You should go see Mintpaw. She can help with your injuries." his tone was deep, serious, and matter of fact.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Torsolus saw the battle slam on the brakes just in time. "Ohhhh......yeah.....she looks a bit more hurt than I would like."

He stepped into the colosseum. "That was awesome! But let's go to the bar and get some drinks and supplies."

He bent down over Marie. "Can you walk? Do you need help?"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 18527

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Mintpaw jumped off Cookie's shoulder the instant she heard the cry of pain, she trotted up to Torsolus, yet she wasn't sure if Marie wanted her help. She swished her tail an tilted her head.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Ember tagged behind Torsolus and looked down at Marie, concern filling in her eyes. I knew this would happen. I should help her, though. She lowered her head to Marie's face and softly asked, "Are you alright, dear? If you can't walk, I'd...I'd be glad to offer you a ride back to the bar so that you can get fixed up."

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:55 pm

At Flint's declaration of the battle's end, Marie didn't argue. Droopily, she brought down her Charger, and just stood there with a limp posture. She even began softly sniveling to herself in frustration, her Inkling words made even harder to understand through the tears. Then, she found herself being approached by Torsolus, and stared up at him. "... M-my legs are fine, thanks... But I'm gonna have to get these c-cuts dealt with," she told him rather sadly, wrapping an arm around her injured shoulder and squinting her left eye a bit. She wasn't so sure how she felt about a cat tending to her injuries, but said nothing about it.

Cookie quickly rushed over to the scene. "Oh my creampuff...!" She turned her attention to Flint, wide-eyed. "What happened? Is she alright??" she asked him, concernedly looking towards Marie again. "She's kinda crying..."

Robin, too, rushed to the scene. Just as he had feared, they were too late; Marie had already suffered some minor injuries. "Blast..." Thankfully, she didn't seem very seriously hurt, but she did seem to be suffering. If she was going to fight well in the near future, she couldn't be distracted by pain.

When she was offered a ride by Ember, Marie nodded her head slightly. "I-I can walk, but I'm feeling kinda tired... A ride would probably be a good idea, thanks," she told her, trying not to feel intimidated by the large creature. "Could you try not to make the ride too bumpy, though?" she requested somewhat awkwardly. "Not to be a pain, but I don't feel like losing my lunch, too, on top of everything else..."

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:02 pm

"Aww, don't worry....Hippogriffs are the the most graceful flyers, and I THINK, the coolest walkers I know. They even t-taught me how they do it! That's how proud they are of their flying skills.....

Scuze me, hope you don't mind!"

He lifted Marie up onto the creature's back. She was much lighter than he expected. He felt a little sad that Ember was carrying her and not him, but he'd had his chance, and Ember was probably more comfortable anyway.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Mintpaw, upon no argument against her presence, approached.. "Er.. Miss.. Ember, I believe it was... I hope you don't mind, but..." She lept onto Ember's back, and nosed a single poppy seed towards Marie. "This may make you drowsy.. Shouldn't make you fall asleep, but should help with the pain." She lept down and ran off for a bit and returned with a leaf bundle. she unwrapped it, revealing cobwebs and marigold. She reared onto her hind legs and started bandaging the injury. rubbing the chewn marigold past onto the cut, (which actually was rather cool and comforting) and then tightly bandaging it with cobwebs. She then did the same to her other cut. "Does your ink have healing properties?" she inquired shyly. 

Flint looked at Cookie when she inquired of him what happened. He had a dull tired expression "Neither of us were prepared for that kind of fight. I doubt Marie is used to getting hurt, and I'm not used to... That weapon of hers." He glanced at Marie. "Interesting choice." "We actually both took some damage in that fight." he tried and failed to wipe the ink off his shoulder, considering his hands were no better. "I'm going to need to wash up after that." He sighed frustratedly.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Ember accepted Marie's and Mintpaw's weights on her back as the medicine apprentice got to work. Throughout the duration, the hippogriff replied to Torsolus, standing steadily. "Yes, we are known to have the smoothest rides, smoother than an ordinary horse offers. It is my honor to help you," she smiled, "but, you guys need to simmer it down and not pick fights out of every little thing that happens because there's a greater hazard roaming these grounds. It's not safe." She angled her head towards Mintpaw and gently asked, "Hey there, uh, cat? I can take us to the bar since it's safer there. It probably has more supplies that can be handy. Plus, we should get some drinks. It'll help."

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:24 pm

"Phew... Alright," Marie responded with a sigh, closing her eyes softly, and cooperatively allowing herself to be lifted and placed onto Ember's back. However, like a delayed reaction, her eyes sprung open again widely. "W-w-wait; f-flying...??" she stammered, stiffening up a little. "W-we're gonna FLY there...?? W-we can't just... walk or whatever...?! I-it's just that... I-I'm kinda scared of heights, s-so..."
Marie was so distracted, she was oblivious at first to Mintpaw, who quickly came to help her. "Ah...!" She picked up the seed and stared at it for a moment. "Uh... Thanks?" she responded uncertainly, slowly putting it into her mouth. Before long, she found that some sort of wet, mushy substance, followed by what felt like cobwebs, were being spread over her injuries. If it didn't feel strangely effective, she may have gagged. Finally, she found herself being questioned about her ink. "Eh? Uh... Actually, yeah, it kind of does," she responded. "Hiding in it usually tends to speed up recovery from ink attacks... Not so sure if it would work for this, though..."
Suddenly, Marie turned her attention back to Ember, continuing her protest. "Y-yeah, OK, but... S-still... we don't HAVE to fly, r-right...??" she commented again, with basically no reaction to the hippogriff's warning, the possibility of suddenly soaring into the air clouding her mind.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Torsolus laughed. "It's up to Ember here, but I don't THINK we have to fly there. It's just a short walk, I think? Hehe...."

Then he pondered Ember's words and looked a little confused....and worried.

"a 'greater hazard'.....I guess you know what happened to this place?.....When we get to the bar I'd like to ask you more."

Link went around picking up the pieces of the Colosseum to return them to their rightful owners.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Mintpaw could feel the Inkling's stress rising, but would let the Hippogriff respond before putting her own opinion in there. "Would you like it if I added some of your ink to the cobwebs? Maybe heal it faster?" She held her soft shy tone. 

Flint lifted an eyebrow, and sighed "Yeah, sure." "that'll be good for getting this green gunk out of my fur."
He shifted his weight to one foot and crossed his legs as he waited for the group to set off.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:33 pm

"U-u-uh, yeah, sure," Marie responded, sounding rather distracted. She didn't even catch the part where the sticky films spread across her wounds were, in fact, confirmed to be cobwebs. If she had been paying total attention, the realization that her wounds were covered in spider silk probably would have made her feel a little ill.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:34 pm

A warm sensation washed over the hippogriff as she listened to Marie and softly chuckled, "We don't have to go flying, it's just a short canter to there, don't worry dear." Then acknowledging Torsolus's question, she said, "Alright, I don't have much knowledge, but...I do have some that I think may help...let's go," she nodded her head in the direction of where the bar was located. "And let's get you washed up," she quickly added to the Kattaca.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Marie breathed a deep sigh of relief when she was told that they didn't have to fly. "Pheeeeewwwwww..." Slowly, she flopped forward, resting against the back of Ember's fluffy neck as she loosely wrapped her arms around it. Her eyelids began to feel heavy, partly due to the effects of the seed Mintpaw had given her a few moments ago. A soft yawn even managed to slip out.

When Marie appeared to relax, Robin smiled slightly. "Right... Let's get back to where we were headed before all of this." He began making his way back to the bar.

Cookie breathed a sigh of relief, convinced that everything was alright now. She quickly trotted back with Robin.

As everyone was leaving, the lime green ink covering the battlefield was beginning to vanish on its own.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Mintpaw nodded gently, And jumped off of Ember's back for a moment, using a large leaf to collect some clean ink from the battle between the injured inkling and Flint just now, and hopped back up. resting a paw on the cobwebs so she knew where they were, and gently pouring some of the ink onto them, letting the liquid seep through the bandages, and into the wound. Then she circled Marie and did the same with the other bandage. 

She dropped the leaf on the ground. And leapt off Ember's back. "I'll catch a ride with Cookie, if you don't mind.." And she leapt onto Cookie's shoulder, judging the distance better this time. The ink in the leaf and on the field started to fade. Mintpaw couldn't tell that, or she would have felt grateful she collected the ink she needed when she did

Flint followed the group at a distance. Partly wanting to be alone with his thoughts for a moment

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:44 pm

When the party arrived at the bar entrance, Torsolus offered his arms to take Marie down from Ember's back. "Whatever you'd like, I'll bet they have," he smiled.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:58 pm

The magnificent creature leaned towards Torsolus for Marie to be taken off her back, ruffling her wings that were pinned to her sides. She gently nudged the Inkling’s side and walked her way across the dusty, wooden floorboards, her sharp talons and hooves clicking and clopping, to a circular table in the back corner that rested underneath the sun’s rays. Awkwardly staring at a chair, she nudged it aside with her golden forehead and laid down on the floor, her eagle legs stretched before her, crisscrossed, and her hooves tucked beside her stomach. Ember rested her head on her legs and gazed at the group with glowing eyes, swishing her tail at them in a warm, invitational manner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next