Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP - Page 12 Empty Re: The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Robin found himself overcome by curiosity. "... I have to see what lies beyond that door," he announced, then made a beeline to the strange shop. Upon opening the door, he was greeted by a twinkling sound, and as he stepped inside, he gasped in amazement.
Within this shop were many shelves and tables, all containing various magical items. The shop's interior was rather dark, but this simply added to the magical, mysterious atmosphere, as many of the items on display glowed softly, in various colors. On one table, there sat crystal balls of various sizes. On another, magic wands were arranged neatly in a row. A bookshelf by the wall even contained various magical tomes, sorted neatly by element. In one corner, there stood a rather large cauldron, with what seemed to be some sort of potion being brewed inside. Near the cauldron was a shelf lined with glass bottles of varying shapes and sizes, presumably containing various types of magical potions.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32862

Back to top Go down

The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP - Page 12 Empty Re: The Great Mall Adventure - A Dramedy Crossover RP

Post by Mistystar Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:24 pm

As usual, Lucina followed right behind Robin as he suddenly began heading for the mysterious shop, her own curiosity having been sparked by it, as well. Upon stepping inside with her friend, her eyes grew wide as she took in the various magical sights and sounds that greeted the duo. "Amazing..." She murmured, blue gaze twinkling in the soft light.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28202

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:40 pm

"Finally... Something familiar," Robin murmured, a small smile creeping onto his face. The duo had been so overwhelmed by the unfamiliarity of the mall that the sight of this peculiar little shop was almost comforting. "I'm going to browse their wares... Be careful; many of these things could be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing," he warned Lucina. "We wouldn't want you turning yourself into a toad, now, would we?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:50 pm

"No... No we wouldn't," Lucina replied with a slightly-awkward chuckle, scanning the shop's magical wares. "I'll be very careful; I promise." She quickly added, casting a reassuring glance in her friend's direction.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 pm

"Thanks; I appreciate it," Robin responded with a nod. Without much hesitation, he headed straight for the shelf lined with tomes. It's always a good idea to stock up on those, he noted in his head. "Let's see here," he murmured to himself, carefully browsing their selection. "Fire... Wind... Huh?" A very small tome caught his eye, its yellowish color seeming to indicate that it was Thunder magic. Taking it out, he read its name aloud. "... Pootlespark...? ... I can't say I've ever heard of that one before..."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Unlike Robin, Lucina didn't have any particular idea of where to start browsing, as magic wasn't exactly something she had much experience with. Instead, she just wandered around the shop at a leisurely pace, observing the wares upon various shelves with a somewhat-curious expression on her face. "I wonder what purpose most of these objects serve...?" She murmured.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:35 pm

"Excuse me!" Robin called to the shopkeeper. "Is there some way to test these spells before purchasing them?"
The shopkeeper, who appeared to be an experienced mage, looked up from the cauldron he was leaning over when a customer called to him. "Oh, yes," he replied, pointing to a door near the back. "We have a room in the back specifically designed for that purpose."
"Great; thank you very much!" Robin responded. With the little tome in hand, he headed into the back room. It was a strange sight to behold; the room was completely empty, and the walls, floor, and ceiling were dark-colored, yet twinkled and glowed faintly. "They must be protected by a magic, spell-resistant barrier," he noted, once again mumbling to himself.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:56 pm

While Robin went into the special spell testing room, Lucina was still just observing everything that caught her eye, stopping suddenly in front of a rather large, shimmering crystal ball. "Hm... This looks quite nice," she commented softly, cautiously reaching out a hand to feel the magical object. She quickly pulled back, however, when a faint, rippling pattern spontaneously began to appear inside of it. I should likely just observe from a distance. She reminded herself, now staring somewhat warily at the object, which had returned to its original, clear appearance.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 pm

"Alright; let's give this a go..."
Robin opened the little tome, ready to cast the spell.
"POOTLESPARK!!" he shouted powerfully, extending his free hand. From his fingertips jumped a little flurry of rainbow-colored sparks and glitter... and that was all. "... Huh... That's... interesting," he mumbled, somewhat surprised by the spell's remarkably underwhelming effect. Casually, he turned around and left the spell-testing room, idly levitating the Pootlespark tome over his hand.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Hearing the sound of a door opening, Lucina turned to look in the direction of the spell-testing room, almost instantly noticing Robin emerging with a yellowish tome levitating above his hand. "Is that a thunder tome...?" She asked curiously as she wandered toward her friend, noting the tome's especially small size compared to what she was used to seeing.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Whitefeather wrote:"Sir," the greenish-haired one began, reaching out to Kirby, "you're coming with us. You've violated the rules of the mall."
The banana-like one didn't even notice that he seemed to be making Kirby hungry...

Kirby let himself be grabbed by the strange people. His face was blank with confusion. He couldn't decide whether to be upset that he was being taken from his new friends, or content just to enjoy the ride, or even the possibility of consuming this decadent banana creature.

(0.0) <?
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17857

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:26 pm

"Yeah... I guess," Robin responded, shrugging a bit. "It's an awfully... well, weak one, though," he continued in a hushed voice. "All it did was spray pretty colors everywhere... It was cute, but I don't even think it would shock a knight in dripping-wet armor."
"Ah, we've had trouble selling that one," the shopkeeper commented from his place by the cauldron. "I can see why, though; it's not exactly useful for anything aside from comic relief."

-----

Cookie wasn't sure of what to do. On one hand, she knew that Kirby had broken the rules. On the other hand, she wasn't sure if he knew that what he did was wrong. All she could really do was painfully watch as the guards took him away. "Bye...?" she said quietly, waving a bit.

The guards eventually got into an elevator, where they opened a small, hidden door that concealed a secret button. Upon being pressed, this button caused the elevator do go down... down... down...
After a while, the elevator had finally reached its destination. As the doors slowly slid aside, they revealed a scene that looked like it belonged in a fantasy novel. It was a vast, underground dungeon, its walls and floors made of stone. Torches lined the walls, casting the rooms and corridors with a dull, golden light.
Without a word, the guards took Kirby down a somewhat winding corridor, their footsteps echoing faintly. Eventually, they stopped before an empty cell, the only "furniture" within being a board chained to the wall for use as a bench. "This is where you'll be staying until we come back for you," explained the greenish-haired one.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 pm

"Huh... That does sound somewhat odd," Lucina noted in response, casting a slightly-puzzled glance at the small tome. "Though, yes... Also rather cute." She continued, chuckling a little.

----

Like Cookie, all Skinny could do was watch as the guards took Kirby away, feeling very confused about what to do. Frowning, she waved a bit to the pink puffball creature.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm

The shopkeeper thought for a moment before coming out with an idea. "Hm... You know, since I doubt that tome will ever be sold anyway," he began, approaching Robin, "perhaps you can have it for free... With the purchase of one of our more useful tomes, of course."
Robin thought for a moment. "Well... I suppose that's alright. I mean, it IS free, after all," he responded. "Alright; I guess I'll take it... It'll be good for a laugh, if nothing else. Just give me a moment to choose another..." He returned to the shelf of tomes, where he carefully examined the selection once more.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:16 pm

With a nod in thanks to the shopkeeper, Lucina proceeded to follow Robin back to the shelf of tomes, taking time to observe the selection as well despite her lack of magical experience. "So... Have you arrived at a decision yet?" She asked after a few moments, briefly turning to look at her friend.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:24 pm

"Hm... Well," Robin replied, picking up another thunder tome and examining it, "I'm kind of leaning toward this Arcthunder... What do you think, Lucina?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm

"Me? Well, um..." Lucina trailed off, gazing at the Arcthunder tome that was now in Robin's hand. "I... suppose? Arcthunder does look very... well... powerful." She continued somewhat awkwardly.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Robin had absentmindedly forgotten about Lucina's lack of magical knowledge. "Oh yeah; you're not a user of magic... My apologies," he said, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "But yes; Arcthunder is a rather advanced spell. It's just below Thoron in terms of power, and, like other thunder tomes, tends to strike the target's weak point more often than most spells," he explained to his friend.

Last edited by Whitefeather on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:01 pm

"That does sound quite formidable," Lucina nodded slightly as she listened to Robin's explanation of the properties of Arcthunder. "So, then... Will you be purchasing that one?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:11 pm

"I... I think so, yeah," Robin concluded, magically flipping through the tome's pages for no particular reason. "Well... That and... this," he added, suddenly taking a second, fire tome off of the shelf. "This one's really potent... Bolganone! It's like fire magic's equivalent to thunder's Thoron!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:20 pm

"Hmm...! That also seems like a good choice," Lucina responded, trusting that Robin would make the best decision on which tomes to purchase. "Is there anything else, perhaps...?
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:44 pm

"Perhaps, but I think two rather powerful tomes are enough for now," Robin noted, tucking the Arcthunder and Bolganone under his arm. "However, I'd like to browse this shop's other wares a little, too. Perhaps I'll even end up buying something else in addition to these tomes."
At an unhurried pace, Robin turned around and began to wander around the shop some more. Many of the items here were somewhat unfamiliar to him, despite his experience in the field of magic. As a result, the more he saw, the more curious and fascinated he grew.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:54 pm

"Alright," Lucina swiftly turned around and continued following Robin around the shop, casting frequent glances at the various magical items on display. "Are you familiar with many of these other items, Robin...?" She asked her friend, gazing at him curiously.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:19 am

"Many of them, yes," Robin began, examining various items as the duo passed them, "but some of them aren't so familiar to me... It's extremely fascinating, really."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:37 am

"I see... It is quite fascinating." Lucina agreed, observing a shelf lined with what appeared to be magic wands of some kind.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next