Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrambled Eggs Plus™ (3DS - Pokémon Gen VII) (Next event: June 24th - the Gathering)

5 posters

Go down

Gaming Scrambled Eggs Plus™ (3DS - Pokémon Gen VII) (Next event: June 24th - the Gathering)

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:37 pm

--(No banner yet)--

Some older ETF members may remember the random Pokémon egg giveaways that I held in generation VI. I stopped holding them a long time ago, but I've finally decided to revive the event in the current generation, and have other some ideas to make things even more exciting, too.

For those who weren't around when I held the event before, basically, I would trade/give each participant an egg containing a completely random Pokémon (I used this site to choose (Pokédex) numbers randomly). It's a very simple idea, but everybody had fun hatching eggs and seeing what they happened to get, as it could be literally anything that could be legitimately hatched.

For the first event this time, I won't be using the entire "National Pokédex", as I want to be sure that I have convenient access to every breedable Pokémon species in this gen first. Instead, I'll be using the "New" Alola Pokédex (the one from Ultra Sun/Moon), which is still huge. (I attempted to count the breedable families listed in this Pokédex, and I came up with 187; there's apparently about 187 possible evolution families included in this event~)

So for recap/details-

-The event will be for players of Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon

-I will be using Random.org to choose a random number from 1-382 (#382, Aerodactyl, is the last breedable Pokémon listed in the "New" Alola Dex) for each participant. Each participant will receive an egg from whichever evolution family their random Pokédex number happens to belong to. (In the event that the number corresponds to an unbreedable Pokémon, I'll simply generate another.)

-Catch a random low-level Pokémon (i.e. something random from the earliest route) to trade for the egg.

-I carefully choose natures and egg moves (when possible) for each Pokémon. I've also attempted to breed them with at least some ideal/perfect IVs before, but that sometimes took a lot of time, and since Hyper Training is now a thing, I'll likely not worry about that part this time.

-In the future, some events may have a special theme, such as a certain Pokémon type or generation.

~If you would like to participate, just post and say so. c:~

Participants for the next event (June 24th) (Entry closed)-
1.) Mistystar
2.) Tornadostorm
3.) Lotuspaw
4.) Stealthy

~About the "Plus"~
I actually have an idea for something else in addition to the eggs, but I'm still working on that. If I think it'll be ready in time for the next event, I'll add details about it in one of the reserved posts.

Last edited by Whitefeather on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32567

Back to top Go down

Gaming Re: Scrambled Eggs Plus™ (3DS - Pokémon Gen VII) (Next event: June 24th - the Gathering)

(Reserved)
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Gaming Re: Scrambled Eggs Plus™ (3DS - Pokémon Gen VII) (Next event: June 24th - the Gathering)

(Reserved)
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:00 am

YESSSSS; welcome back, egg randomness <3

I definitely would like to be in on this, please~
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 27907

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:13 am

EEEEEEEE I AM SO HYPED! I would DEFINITELY like to participate :D
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 32879

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 am

I'll participate! :3c
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 87
Fresh-kill : 39050

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 am

I'll participate!
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17562

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 am

Since the gathering is so close, Scrambled Eggs' list is now closed so I can focus on getting the eggs ready~ (We've reached 4 participants this time, which I think is a quite decent number.)
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:04 pm

All four eggs are ready to go for tomorrow. REV UP THAT HYPE.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:39 am

Question; do you know and plan who gets what egg, and what each egg is ahead of time? Or do you ev train a ton of Pokémon, and breed them then choose random eggs from mixed Pokémon for the participants?
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:41 am

As soon as a person enters, I generate a random number for them to determine what species their egg will be. Then, I proceed to plan out natures, abilities, and egg moves (if any) that could be beneficial to that particular Pokémon. In some cases, I also make special plans for the speed IV (if it should be 0 for Trick Room purposes). Once the plans are finished, I attempt to get an egg that will hatch into a baby with all of those qualities. It sometimes involves a lot of scrambling to get all of the necessary Pokémon together. xD

Also, in certain cases, I sometimes take into account the egg recipient's playstyle ("casual" or "competitive"). I always default to "competitive" planning no matter what the recipient's playstyle is, but here are some sets that would definitely require careful planning and setup to work on a team. (For example, a Pokémon intended to work under the aforementioned Trick Room, but unable to learn the move itself.) If I don't think that particular recipient would want something like that, I go with a more casual-friendly option instead.

(And then there's the issue of Hidden Abilities. They have a lower chance of being inherited than regular abilities (60% as opposed to 80%), so when I plan an egg with a Hidden Ability, there's a lot of hoping for things to work involved.)
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Oh coool :D You seem to put allot of effort into it, thank you for that <3
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down