Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Disney Rant

+5
Vinefrost
Midnightflame
Glimmerwing
Roseblossom
Shadowdragon
9 posters

Go down

A Disney Rant Empty A Disney Rant

Post by Shadowdragon Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Okay so today, I was scrolling through my Facebook feed to see if any news was shown for something I like...... I came across this awful thing.
"Marvel animation is celebrating "Monstober" on the Disney Channel and Disney XD! "Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web-Warriors" is having a crossover event with Disney's "Jessie" on Friday, October 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET on the Disney Channel "
e_e
A crossover with something good(Ultimate Spider-Man) and something bad that should never crossover with Spider-Man, a modern day Disney show(Jessie). I'm not trying to attack the fans, if you like Jessie I respect your opinion but Spider-Man should not crossover with that. Nope.

Most of the Disney shows are bad nowadays. The only ones I still watch are Dog with a Blog and Girl Meets World.

I used to be one of those people who thought Ultimate Spider-Man was the worst Spider-Man cartoon but they really improved in the second season and most of the third season has been great so far. That crossover episode is just going to ruin it again........
*drops mic*
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Herbs : 54
Fresh-kill : 21306

Back to top Go down

A Disney Rant Empty Re: A Disney Rant

Post by Roseblossom Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 pm

And don't get me started on Austin And Ally

When I first started watching: It would be kinda nice if the show shipped Austin and Ally more
Now: WHAT THE ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHAT IS THIS A SOAP OPERA MAKE IT STOPPP
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28061

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 pm

❁Awesomeblossom❁ wrote:And don't get me started on Austin And Ally

When I first started watching: It would be kinda nice if the show shipped Austin and Ally more
Now: WHAT THE ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHAT IS THIS A SOAP OPERA MAKE IT STOPPP

I know. I watched that while on vacation since my sister insisted on having the TV there all the time. e_e

I couldn't stand that show.
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 pm

I never really watch Disney channel, tbh. However, Cartoon Network is basically my life xD Adventure Time, Gumball, Total Drama, and Regular Show <3 Also Chowder and Foster's. And Ben 10. And Powerpuff Girls.
I do know that, apparently, Phineas and Ferb has been getting a bunch of random crossovers like Kelly Clarkson and Parry Gripp and, like you mentioned, Spider-Man. I used to love P&F but if that's true....nope. That's just terrible. It's a CARTOON for a REASON. Don't just randomly make actual people come in.
Disney's just gone downhill, I guess :P I think Cartoon Network is, too. Stuff like Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa and Clarence (the "new shows") are horrible, imo.
I looked it up, and apparently the Spider-Man show you're talking about is a cartoon. And it's going to be in a crossover with Jessie? Cartoon people in an actual show is just as bad as actual people being in a cartoon.
So yeah...I completely agree.
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34281

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:19 pm

I agree on that Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, and Steven Universe thing. Those are horrible.

Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:47 am

I agree, they are ruining Disney channel. But like all the old shows tho would awesome.
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19882

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 pm

I wish they would show the Suite Life on Deck during the actual day instead of super duper late like 2am
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:49 pm

❁Awesomeblossom❁ wrote:I wish they would show the Suite Life on Deck during the actual day instead of super duper late like 2am

Yeah, the good shows are shown super late now. :/
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Well I guess we should be thankful that it's shown at ALL o3o
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Yes, we should. o3o
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Oh, well I agree that Disney turned terrible shortly after my childhood. They get something good (Phineas and Ferb and the rights to Marvel mostly) and then drive them into the ground. I was REALLY mad when they had to end The Spectacular Spider-Man early to make room for the MUCH inferior Ultimate Spider-Man. (The Spectacular Spider-Man was about to go into a big arc involving Scorpion and Hobgoblin too :( )

Seriously, from what I've seen, Ultimate Spider-Man is like Ben 10: Omniverse to me. Both shows ruined characters I grew up with and loved. Shadow, what was the turning point of Ultimate Spider-Man for you? I'd really like to enjoy it, but all the forced teamwork and lesson-learning is really tiresome for me. Where does the show get good? I may give it a second chance if it completely turned itself around.
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42549

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah. (I heard Carnage was supposed to show up too. :( )
I agree that Omniverse isn't as good as the rest of Ben 10. There are some things I don't like about it though, and some things I do like.
At some point in the second season is when I started to like it. The third season's been very good so far, introducing heroes from Spider-Man's world instead of bringing in more Avengers, like Cloak & Dagger, two of my favorites Agent Venom(I'm so GLAD Flash has it now instead of Harry, all the Harry Venom episodes annoyed me. It's nice to see an actual host from the comics use Venom now) along with Spider-Man 2099. The Deadpool episode in season 2 was great too.
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 pm

I guess I could try watching seasons 2 and 3 if it has Agent Venom and Cloak and Dagger. I still really feel that Spectacular was robbed though. I'd be OK with Ultimate if the whole teamwork aspect wasn't completely overdone like it was. I may even like it if it was toned down a lot. Besides, it can't possibly be as bad as Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. , on the other hand, has been great so far)

The only positives to Omniverse I can find are the return of classic aliens and Khyber. The gimmicky new aliens (Kicken Hawk? Bloxx? Seriously?), the removal of Kevin, lack of continuity,nand the terrible art style all drag the show down to me. (But that's off topic, so I'll stop there)
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

❁Awesomeblossom❁ wrote:I wish they would show the Suite Life on Deck during the actual day instead of super duper late like 2am

I knowwww I really miss that show!
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19882

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatrix Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:46 pm

I miss a lot of the old shows. At least we've still got good Disney movies coming out x3
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Warrior

Herbs : 29
Fresh-kill : 17571

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:07 am

Vinekit wrote:I guess I could try watching seasons 2 and 3 if it has Agent Venom and Cloak and Dagger. I still really feel that Spectacular was robbed though. I'd be OK with Ultimate if the whole teamwork aspect wasn't completely overdone like it was. I may even like it if it was toned down a lot. Besides, it can't possibly be as bad as Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. , on the other hand, has been great so far)

The only positives to Omniverse I can find are the return of classic aliens and Khyber. The gimmicky new aliens (Kicken Hawk? Bloxx? Seriously?), the removal of Kevin, lack of continuity,nand the terrible art style all drag the show down to me. (But that's off topic, so I'll stop there)

Ugh, Agents of S.M.A.S.H is horrible. I just gave up watching that after awhile. Still giving Avengers Assemble a chance, at least their adding Ant-Man to the team this season so it doesn't feel like their just milking off the movie team. (And yeah, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is amazing! Especially Skye! <3)
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:37 pm

i REALLY REALLY REALLY dislike the new disney channel, like really, all these shows are not very good in my opinion Surprised

WHAT HAPPENED TO PHIL FROM THE FUTURE, OR THATS SO RAVEN, THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD MAN
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Herbs : 61
Fresh-kill : 19452

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm

*~Moonflame~* wrote:i REALLY REALLY REALLY dislike the new disney channel, like really, all these shows are not very good in my opinion Surprised

WHAT HAPPENED TO PHIL FROM THE FUTURE, OR THATS SO RAVEN, THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD MAN

I KNOW!
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:39 am

*goes to sit in the "doesn't know much about Disney Channel corner*
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:17 pm

The Disney channel has always been "meh" to me. My IQ goes down by 2 every time I watch it. The only show I watch from there is Gravity Falls. Maybe it's gotten better since last time I saw anything from it, but I'm not planning on checking it out again anytime soon. Sorry, Disney. XD

*skips Youtube pre-roll ad about lego Avengers*
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17817

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:01 am

I never liked Disney Channel at all; honestly, all the shows are "OMG, THAT'S MY EX-BOYFRIEND DON'T TELL HIM BUT I STILL LIKE HIM" as a major plot point… what the Froakie, you can't base a good storyline off of idiot teenager drama, you just can't or it'll be really stupid, which is why Disney Channel is so horribly stupid right now
Except Gravity Falls, but I like to pretend that Disney never came in contact with it because it's asdfghjkl; too good for Disney
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62413

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Jewelsky wrote:I never liked Disney Channel at all; honestly, all the shows are "OMG, THAT'S MY EX-BOYFRIEND DON'T TELL HIM BUT I STILL LIKE HIM" as a major plot point… what the Froakie, you can't base a good storyline off of idiot teenager drama, you just can't or it'll be really stupid, which is why Disney Channel is so horribly stupid right now
Except Gravity Falls, but I like to pretend that Disney never came in contact with it because it's asdfghjkl; too good for Disney

Yeah, that seems to be pretty common in shows......

Even Star Wars Rebels has "love" between two of the main cast. At least it's not right in your face plot like the drama shows. That would ruin my opinion on the show, I like it so far.
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:18 pm

I haven't seen Star Wars Rebels yet, probably because I disliked The Clone Wars. The stories weren't dramatic or intense enough to hold my interest, and I remember the scheduling for it being absolutely terrible. I think I'd like the show A LOT more if I were to watch it on Blu-Ray or Netflix so I could remember what's going on.

If Rebels is anything like that, I'll wait for the Blu-Ray release.
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Rebels is better than Clone Wars in my opinion. I liked the later seasons of Clone Wars, of course Disney cut it when it was good. Never got to see what Palpatine had planned for Darth Maul, nor did we see Ahsoka's fate, or Rex's
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 pm

This is straying in headcanon territory, but I assume Rex held a high position in the 501st, and he's the only one I can't really see having a role in Rebels. Ahsoka's fate is probably either the same as the Jedi from The Force Unleashed, or something that would tie into Rebels. I kind of prefer her future to be left ambiguous TBH. Darth Maul is the one I have the most hope for returning, because

a.) he's easily the coolest character of the three
b.) he has a lot of plot and he needs closure
c.) he could serve as a tie-in to bring The Clone Wars and Rebels together

I didn't watch later seasons, so I don't know what happened to Asajj Ventress or Savage Opress either. I'll try to finish it on Netflix once we get it back in May. (specifically getting Netflix for Daredevil, by the way)
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down