Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arceus....

4 posters

Go down

Arceus.... Empty Arceus....

Post by Stealthy Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:50 pm

OK....I was very iffy about making this rant, because it touches on a very sensitive subject: religion. However, I've asked around ETF, and I've talked to my mom, and I've decided that it's OK to make a thread about this. There are a few Pokemon that I dislike; whether my opinion of a Pokemon is affected by the fandom's treatment of it, by its concept, or just its design. But Arceus is unique. Arceus is the one Pokemon I actually wish didn't exist. And now I'm gonna tell you why.

*INHAAALE*....oklet'sripoffthebandaidquick Why does this thing have to be the god of the Pokemon universe??? Why does this universe need a Pokegod???

Normally this wouldn't bother me so much, especially considering Pokemon like Banette and Yamask are actually cool in my book because of how morally ambiguous they are, though they probably shouldn't be XD but, well, since I'm a Christian, the concept of an overarching Pokemon deity rubs me the wrong way for reasons I can't explain without sounding....weird. But I think you get where I'm coming from. If you have/had your own God that you respect and worship and believe in, and saw that some franchise you like, say...Mario, had suddenly created their own version of that, ripping actual phrases and practices from your belief, you might be rubbed the wrong way too. :P

Thing is, though, its actual place as the Pokemon god isn't directly stated by Nintendo. It created the Sinnoh region (presumably just from a desert) and MAY have created the rest of the Pokemon universe. MAY. Also, signature move Judgement. Those are the only indicators.

The real reason Arceus rubs me the wrong way is because of how the fandom treats it. Fandom's treatment of a Pokemon affects my opinion of that Pokemon wayyyy more than it should. It took me like two weeks to decide to train Blaziken because of how much love everybody lathers on it and how much it gets used. XD But....well....when I see stuff like this......this just makes me feel all kinds of wrong.

Arceus.... OH-MY-ARCEUS

Arceus.... Mother-of-arceus_o_2465903

This one especially makes me cringe. >__<:

These are the tamer ones I could find. O-O

Thing is, I normally don't mind fandom. Really, I don't. I actually enjoy the random ridiculous antics they come up with sometimes. And even now, I don't hate these wacky guys. It's just....the fact that they did this. I mean, why?? Because it's funny??? It's not. I'm sorry, it's just really really not. >__<

[Normally I'd make a big speech here about respect and tolerance of religions, but I don't really care. The fact that people (not you guys <3) tend to respect and leave alone things like Buddhism and Mormon but pick on Christianity just makes me more confident in being a Christian, if that makes any sense. XXDD]

SOYAH. Basic overarching reason for my hatred of Arceus. There are, of course, a few extra little reasons building on top of this major one, and there are ALSO some things I've found that somewhat...lessen my hatred of it. If it's red, it makes me hate it more, and if it's green, it makes me hate it less. These go on for awhile, so I'll just slap 'em all in spoilers. XXDD

Hate it more OmO:

Hate it less @w@:

Hate it more OmO:

Hate it less @w@:

Hate it more OmO:

Hate it more OmO:

Hate it...the same. I don't care about this, I just feel like I should bring it up. XD:

*breathes* OKAY!......well, that's why I hate Arceus. ......Sorry if I wasn't very tactful. Or if you really like Arceus. I did my best. Feel free to post your opinions. If you like Arceus, or if it's even your favorite Pokemon, that's totally fine. You like Arceus. ...I just don't. XDD

If you read this thing all the way to the end without exiting the thread from disagreement, I am seriously amazed at you right now. You get a cookie. But if you didn't read all the way through, that's fine. You get a cookie too. XXDD THANKS FOR READING! Y'all are da bomb. @w@

Last edited by Stealthy on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17857

Back to top Go down

Arceus.... Empty Re: Arceus....

Post by Jewelsky Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 pm

I personally don't hate Arceus or anything, but I guess I can kind of understand why you do… I suppose I'm not really as easily offended by that sort of thing. *cough* Multiple reasons for that, whoops Eyeroll Anyway, I really have no strong opinion on this matter one way or another, but either way, I respect your opinion completely, and I'm actually kind of glad you decided to rant. When you want to rant about something, you really should rant.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62453

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:28 pm

That was actually very well-worded and such. It wasn't shoving anything in anyone's faces or anything at all; well done. You made your point in such a way that you sounded respectable. Perfectly done. :3

Anyway, I can't say I can truly see the situation from your point of view, but I entirely see your point. Fandoms can be absolutely disgraceful. They're awful for reading far too much into innocent, in-universe characters and situations. Oftentimes, they twist things into something they aren't, usually with very sad results.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32862

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:15 am

heyy yoo, sorry you feel like people don't really respect your views and opinions in the fandom
but eh, those are fandoms for you.
honestly, some are good, and some are bad. and sometimes you have to look a little harder to find the good areas in the bad.

but if worse comes to worse, and you cant find the good. perhaps its just best if you leave the pokemon fandom all together.
i mean, you don't have to stop loving and enjoying pokemon, but instead just leave the fandom part, the part that makes you uncomfortable.
i was really far deep into the supernatural a while ago, and it was great while it lasted. but there were a ton of hurtful comments and tbh, the majority of the fandom was just incredibly embarrassing. so i left the fandom. but even so, i still enjoy watching the show every tuesday, even though ive left the fandom

im not sure what website or whatnot to interact with your fandom, but if its tumblr, theres a pretty easy way to actually be part of the fandom and not see arceus. theres a thing called "blacklisting" where you type in the name of something you dont want to see. if a post comes up and contains the word arceus, the post will not show up.

i hope everything works out for ya
Twilight
Twilight
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 48
Fresh-kill : 22146

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks guys! Well, maybe I didn't need the disclaimer after all? XD

That's cool, Twily! I like your suggestion to leave the fandom, and I totally would, except that I...like it. Specifically, the people in it. I dunno why, but every time I talk to them (usually on PS) they treat me pretty well, they have a great sense of humor and I just really enjoy being a part of it. I do admit, the fandom isn't always diplomatic about everything, but even if this is an annoying slip-up for me, that's kinda all it is--a slip-up.

I do love your Tumblr suggestion though. If I ever join, I'll definitely try that. Thanks so much! :D
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17857

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down