Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we haven't had a new poll in 7 years

+7
Glimmerwing
Bellatrix
Tornadostorm
Roseblossom
Morningkit
Jewelsky
Swirlstar
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[whispers] Glory is the best

we haven't had a new poll in 7 years I_vote_lcap15%we haven't had a new poll in 7 years I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
we haven't had a new poll in 7 years I_vote_lcap15%we haven't had a new poll in 7 years I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
we haven't had a new poll in 7 years I_vote_lcap54%we haven't had a new poll in 7 years I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

we haven't had a new poll in 7 years Empty we haven't had a new poll in 7 years

Post by Swirlstar Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:13 pm

have any of you guys read the Wings of Fire series? Tui Sutherland (one of the Erins; she writes Seekers) is the author and it's a series sorta similar to Warriors except it's about dragons

the books start off with in the midst of a really long war between three sisters who are fighting for control of their kingdom (there's seven different kingdoms for each of the seven dragon tribes) after their mother's death, and there's this prophecy that says that there are the "dragonets of destiny" who will choose which sister will rule the Sand Kingdom and end the war. the dragon pacifist cult (the Talons of Peace) raised the dragons of destiny in a cave underground, and the first five books in the series is focused on the five of them/the end of the war. the two most recently released books are focused on some new dragons that come in after the events of the first five books (so it's kinda like another series like Warriors does, except Tui didn't split them into different arcs. I have no clue why)

I did a really bad job explaining it but it is so good. like it's at least 10x better than Warriors. all the female characters have their own personalities and developed character traits (they aren't all crammed into the three different personalities that females get in Warriors) and they've got a couple characters that are possibly on the ace/aro spectrum, as well as at least one (with more probably coming) canon gay character in the second half of the series!!

also the plots are like. the most amazing things ever. I literally don't know how Tui managed to spin all these seemingly random things together to make such a coherent story without plotholes, but she did. she's a brilliant writer and Warriors would've been so much better if she helped write it

anyway, dragons
Swirlstar
Swirlstar
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 64
Fresh-kill : 19969

Back to top Go down

we haven't had a new poll in 7 years Empty Re: we haven't had a new poll in 7 years

Post by Jewelsky Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:38 am

Ooh I actually much prefer Seekers to Warriors, sounds like she's a pretty good writer, then xD
Sounds cool lol, I guess they sorta did the different-series-without-actually-making-different-series thing with Guardians of Ga'Hoole which is also pretty good but in no way related to Warriors xD
Never actually heard of it before now but yeah it sounds cool
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62418

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

we haven't had a new poll in 7 years Empty Re: we haven't had a new poll in 7 years

Post by Morningkit Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:16 pm

I've never red it or heard of it but it sounds good. I might read them sometime.
Morningkit
Morningkit

Herbs : 15
Fresh-kill : 21332

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Jewelsky wrote:Sounds cool lol, I guess they sorta did the different-series-without-actually-making-different-series thing with Guardians of Ga'Hoole which is also pretty good but in no way related to Warriors xD
Guardians of Ga'Hoole isn't by Erin Hunter. It's by Kathryn Lasky
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28066

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

That's why I said it was in no way related to Warriors
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah but the way you worded it was weird
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28066

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Heh, sorry
It sorta reminds me of Warriors a bit, though. Except it's better. xD
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swirlstar Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:52 am

y'all need to get on it ASAP tbh
it's one of the best series I've ever read
Swirlstar
Swirlstar
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:19 am

Lol I'll try to see if I can get it xD
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:26 pm

I've never heard of it... But I'm excited to check the library for it :3
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33139

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatrix Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:08 pm

I'll try it out. Sounds neat ^^
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Warrior

Herbs : 29
Fresh-kill : 17576

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm

This sounds great omg
Asking for it for my birthday
What's the first book? :D
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34286

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Post by Swirlstar Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Glimmerwing wrote:This sounds great omg
Asking for it for my birthday
What's the first book? :D

the first part is
Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy
Wings of Fire: The Lost Heir
Wings of Fire: The Hidden Kingdom
Wings of Fire: The Dark Secret
Wings of Fire: The Brightest Night

and for the second part of the series it's
Wings of Fire: Moon Rising
Wings of Fire: Winter Turning
Wings of Fire: Escaping Peril (unreleased)
????? (unreleased)
????? (unreleased)
Swirlstar
Swirlstar
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanksss :D I'm all out of books and it's painful
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by ✦*Cometstar*✦ Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:00 am

Thank you so much for exposing me to these, the amazingness is frickin overwhelming I can't

I've finished the first two in no time at all and I need to get ahold of the others fasterrrr and I need someone to freak out over this stuff with, so bad. Yeah how can one even describe how cool the series is?
✦*Cometstar*✦
✦*Cometstar*✦
Clan Leader

Herbs : 176
Fresh-kill : 17711

Back to top Go down

Post by Swirlstar Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:29 pm

ソニカ wrote:Thank you so much for exposing me to these, the amazingness is frickin overwhelming I can't

I've finished the first two in no time at all and I need to get ahold of the others fasterrrr and I need someone to freak out over this stuff with, so bad. Yeah how can one even describe how cool the series is?

I KNOW IT'S SO AWESOME
and it only gets better, seriously!! I don't know how many plot twists you've come across yet, but dude there are SO MANY. I just finished the latest one and there were like at least three in ONE BOOK. it was INSANE. AND THEY ALL WORK WITH THE SERIES, cause the writing is soooooooooooo good
Swirlstar
Swirlstar
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ✦*Cometstar*✦ Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:29 am

YESSSS gosh the frickin unexpected amazing crazy stuff and it all works and makes sense, howww? Man it's so the best. I'm really excited to get farther in the story, I see so much potential and I can have actual confidence that I won't be disappointed!
✦*Cometstar*✦
✦*Cometstar*✦
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:19 am

Gosh you seem so excited xD I'll see if I can get my hands on it, in that case
Also there are canon aro/ace characters right my eyes did not deceive me did they
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ✦*Cometstar*✦ Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 am

Ahhh yes you totally should, it's absolutely worth it and I'd love to get to talk to you tons about this! And I haven't seen much of that yet but I'm only starting the third book. I'd trust Swirls that it'll be there
✦*Cometstar*✦
✦*Cometstar*✦
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:27 pm

Ha I need more reading material anyway so why not look into it
Yeah we could totes blab together xD
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

Eyyyy I got the first book at the library!! I'm at the part where
Spoiler:
It's so good dude. I think I already like it more than Warriors. I mean I still love the original series but
I don't think my library has the second book though, which is going to drive me insane. Maybe I'll buy it idk
It'll bother me if I don't have the first one Eyeroll
....I'm not used to that emoji actually working
I love how the characters have distinct personalities, something that Warriors doesn't have hahahaha *sobs*
The writing in it is so good, and it goes by so quickly and you never get bored
I just love it a lot xD I wouldn't have found out about it if it hadn't been for this tbh, I've never heard about it before or seen anything about it anywhere
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:28 pm

I haven't read it, but flipping through it, it seems a lot like a "power of friendship" type of book. Is it worth the read for a college-level reader, or is it a bit young for me?
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42554

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Nooooo. Well, sort of. The Dragonets of Destiny only have to stick together to fulfill the prophecy. It can get pretty dark though, lol
I think it is, if you like Warriors. It's better than Warriors imo
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Lol I really need to get motivated enough to tell my parents about it then
Thank you for your input a+
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:22 pm

I forget where/when exactly I first heard of the series, but I think it might've been sometime around when this poll was made *thoughtful faaace*
I haven't read it as of now (aside from peeking at the prologue on Amazon just a few days ago), but it sounds really interesting, and recently my curiosity about it has been sparking up quite a bit. *3* I'm looking forward to trying it out sometime, hopefully fairly sooooooon

( Hope it's alright to dig up an older thread like this >w>; )
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28167

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next