Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

1001 - ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 35 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:32 am

Panting slightly, Robin stared at the place on the floor where the girl once lay. "... May her soul travel safely," he murmured with a sigh, straightening his posture. Now that the deed had been done, he felt much lighter. Turning to Torsolus, then Ember, he dipped his head slightly in response to their thanks. "I was simply doing what was asked of me," he replied humbly. "The important thing is that she's free now..." Wondering how the rest of the party was holding up, he looked around at each of them. "Is everyone alright?" he asked in a serious tone, and loud enough to be clearly heard.

Last edited by Whitefeather on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : smol typo)

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 33532

Back to top Go down

1001 - ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 35 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:38 am

Flint let out a little huff "I'm fine." He said bluntly. He crossed his arms, and turned to the guards "Now, if you don't mind, I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd like to get out of here, and can you please let us pass?"

Mintpaw let out a soft growl at Robin's words, and mumbled a begrudging "no..." and made no effort to move from her hiding place between Lucina's feet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
₮◊Яи∆∂◊$₮◊Яᄊ ∂∑קЦ₮ץ ◊モ ¢レ◊Ц∂¢レ∆и
You all are my Friends and I Love you very much <3
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(My email is available to the left of the screen under my rank. Feel free to use it if you need/want to contact me and I'm not online. 99% of the time I'll see it right away)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33844

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:46 am

"Of course," the guards said, leaving with the bandersnatch. One looked at it sadly and said, "You've served us well, friend...." to which the bandersnatch nodded respectfully. The other guard muttered fearfully as he walked out, "Please don't come back"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 18527

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:53 am

Lucina was left staring in shocked disbelief at the spot where the girl had been just moments before, her attention only being directed away from it when she heard Robin's question. "Y-... Yes. I'm fine, as well," she responded, attempting to mask any remaining fear in her tone.

Pit gave a small nod in response to Robin, still looking quite shaken. "Yeah, I-I'll be OK..."

Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 am

"Y-... Yes," Cookie responded, sniffling and wiping her eyes, then forced a small smile. She, too, found herself feeling relieved, despite the horror of what they had just experienced.

"I'm... I'm alright, I guess," Marie replied as she uncovered her face, sounding rather shaken. "Now let's get outta here..."

A concerned expression appeared on Robin's face when he heard Mintpaw's reply. However, now wasn't the time to talk about it; they needed to move. "Right, we ought to be going," he agreed with Flint and Marie, then headed for the exit.

Cookie and Marie did the same.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:00 am

Flint started making his way out, examining the evening sky around them. Had they really spent that much time in the diner? It felt so short in there... He let out a sigh. Placing his hands in his pockets, and folding his wings neatly on his back, he stood just outside the diner, leaning against it's wall, as he waited for everyone else to come out

(My email is available to the left of the screen under my rank. Feel free to use it if you need/want to contact me and I'm not online. 99% of the time I'll see it right away)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Torsolus, Ember, and Link shuffled out of the restaurant. The townspeople wished them well, and a few offered them random supplies.

"Please....find that monster and destroy it," a few people said feebly.

"Please find it." "Please get it." "Please kill it." "If you can't find a cure for this, at the very least." "Please."

Link nodded his resolve to them, and Ember's eyes burned along with her necklace. Torsolus stared at the ground as he walked toward the outskirts of the town.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:20 pm

Lucina and Pit followed the others out of the restaurant, both thanking the various townspeople when they offered the group supplies.

In response to their pleas, Lucina gave a nod of her head, her eyes filled with a blaze of determination.

Pit nodded to them as well, wearing a serious, yet spirited expression on his face.

Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:50 pm

On their way out of the town, Cookie couldn't help noticing something as she glanced around at the bleak surroundings. Specifically, something on one of the crumbling walls appeared out-of-place. Amidst the gray, she spotted a strange, bright, mint green shape, which appeared to have been painted very recently, given its vividness. However, she only caught a glimpse, and now wasn't the time to linger and get a closer look; it was time for the party to set up camp and get a much-needed break from all the chaos. Looking ahead once more, she followed along with the rest of the group, looking forward to the moment of peace.

(*TIMESKIP YAYAYAYAYAYA*)

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:04 am

(YAAAY)

Finally, with a sigh, Mintpaw got to her paws, and walked after the group, subconciously relieved at the slowly fading fear scent. Even though it still burned her nose, and covered her tongue in a disgusting taste that nearly made her spit. She silently followed the group, listening to the voices around her, and trying to let them cheer her up. They did slightly, but she was still sickened by what happened.

Flint walked near the front of the group, also silent, he just trudged on, his eyes forward, watching the ever darkening horizon, as they made their way to a sleeping spot.

Then they finally arrived

Flint lowered himself to the ground, and adjusted himself so he could use a nearby tree as a backrest. He then proceeded to watch as the others bustled around him, a curious look on his face, as if he was watching animals going about their daily lives. He then plucked a stray piece of grass next to him, and started fiddling with it.

Mintpaw was extremely tired by the time they arrived. She hadn't the motivation to pick someone to ride, and face the struggle of judging the jump, so she had walked the whole time. Quite the distance for a small cat like herself. So when the group stopped, she flopped onto her side with a relieved huff, and was asleep in moments. But then again, she was an extremely light sleeper, and wouldn't mind being woken up anyway. It was near inevitable.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 am

(TIMESKIP)

The forest was lush and green. They were very deep in, and the trees spread their kind, cool canopy over them. It was quite the change from the barren stretch of orange dust the town was centered in.

Link helped finish erecting their wonderful mish-mash tent using the pegs. There were even actual spare tent components donated alongside the endless fabric, rope, food, blankets, clothes, bags, and whatever else. These were partially given so freely due to the saving throw made to the economy by Link's generous donation of Rupees.

Ember's legs were sooo tired. She looked with confusion at the normally happy, energetic Torsolus, curled up with a blanket on top of a rock. Normally he would be helping put up the tent. This, on top of the fact that he dragged the party about two miles further into the forest than they needed to go, before finally being talked into anchoring himself into their current spot and staring into space, tipped her off that he was pretty shaken by this event. He needed a break as much as the rest of the party.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:58 am

Once camp had been set up for the night, Robin sighed with relief, then took a seat on a log by the fire. He was endlessly grateful that he and everyone else now had a chance to relax and gather themselves after everything that happened.

Cookie, who had also been sitting by the fire, noticed Torsolus curled up upon on a rock in the distance. Slowly, she got to her feet, then strolled over to see him. "Hi Torsolus... You OK over here...?" she asked in a gentle, concerned tone, sitting on the ground beside the rock, leaning against it, and looking up at Torsolus with large, caring eyes.

Marie had been sitting on a small rock, roughly at the edge of camp, watching Flint by his tree. In truth, she had been thinking back to their battle earlier, and feeling rather regretful over it. She felt that it shouldn't have even happened, and felt ashamed of the way she acted. After taking a moment to gather the courage, she got to her feet and, with a deep breath, approached Flint. "Hey... Flint?" she greeted very softly, hoping he wouldn't push her away without a second thought.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:02 am

Flint narrowed his eyes at her as she approached, stopping with what he was doing, and locking eyes with her, never taking his off hers. He could sense she wanted to talk, and his disapproval of the notion was overly clear. "What." He growled, half tempted to break eye contact. But after deciding continuing to stare her down would be more effective for his purposes, he did so.

Flint's growl was enough to cause Mintpaw to stir, and stretch, but not fully rouse her, not quite.

Last edited by Tornadostorm on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 am

Torsolus looked up at Cookie. His eyes just looked....tired, and heavy with anxiety.

"Yeah....yup! Thanks for checkin' up on me, pal........"

He thought for a minute.

"What all kind of things do you know about? What's your world like? What's the.........what.....kind of problems have you faced?"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:41 am

"Huh? My world?" Cookie seemed a bit surprised by the sudden questions, but proceeded to answer anyway. "Well, I live in a little city... Kind of near the edge, I guess?" she began, recalling her home. "It's near a forest... Me and my friends go there a lot... Oh! And past the forest, there are a bunch of mountains!" she continued, perking up. "As for problems... uh... Welllllll... After hearing about what everyone here's been through, any 'problems' I might've been through seem so... small," she admitted, once again drooping.

Marie's expression grew clearly nervous at Flint's unfriendly reaction to her approach. However, she still managed to continue speaking. "I just... I... I'm sorry about earlier," she apologized, looking off to the side uncomfortably, one arm wrapped across her front and holding onto the upper part of her other arm. "I dunno what got into me... I've just... Everything's been so crazy lately, y'know? Suddenly waking up in a strange place... Worrying about home... Guess I've been feelin' kinda... on-edge?" she tried to explain, sighing sadly, her gaze locked to the side. "Anyway... Sorry about all that," she apologized again. This was followed by a momentary silence, during which she briefly glanced at Flint, only to quickly look away once again. "... ... I can go now, if you want," she quietly told him, her tone even sadder than before.

As his gaze drifted across camp, Robin noticed Mintpaw lying on the ground. Upon seeing her, he remembered how she reacted to what happened in the bar, and his expression grew slightly troubled. Rising from the log, he slowly went to her side, crouching to be closer to her level. "... Mintpaw...?" he whispered, not wanting to startle her as he tried to get her attention.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:54 am

Flint sighed, as he realized what she was doing. "What.. Why..." He looked at her thoughtfully. "You shouldn't apologize." He said gruffly. "It's not worth either of our time. We both know what happened there." He ran his right hand through is bangs, momentarily revealing his right eye. And another moment of silence passed between the two. "Why do you care what I think anyway?" He murmured after a bit. More of a statement then a question. "It doesn't change anything at all what people think of each other." "it doesn't change who they are."

Mintpaw flinched a little when Robin first spoke, then slowly blinked, stretched once more, and moved, so she was looking at Robin with an expectant blind gaze. She did this not for the same reason as people normally do, to read the face of those addressing them, but to acknowledge she was listening. "Hey Robin. What.. uh... What is it? Do-don't feel well?"

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 am

"Ahaha.....that's not your fault!" Torsolus perked up a little. "I think it's GREAT that you haven't had any major problems! It just means you have a lot of happiness to share with people who need it!....I think you should keep it that way." He gave her a little smile.

Aww, she's so innocent! I don't think it would be wise to spoil that.

Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:26 am

Marie shifted uncomfortably. "I dunno...? I just... had to explain," she told Flint, sounding somewhat tense. "I just look back on all of that and it feels... ughhhh... I acted like such a hothead; that's not me, OK...?" At this point, she just wanted to get away; she felt in her gut that things could only get more tense the longer she tried to talk to Flint. "So, uh... yeah... See ya," she farewelled lowly, then quickly turned and strolled away. Part of her wondered what they would be eating for dinner that night, so instead of returning to the rock she was sitting on before, she headed into camp to see what was cooking, if anything.

"Y'think so?" Cookie's face brightened a bit. Then, after thinking for a moment, she suddenly stood, then gave Torsolus a tight, friendly hug. "... How's this? Can you feel the happiness?" she asked him warmly, not letting go yet. Seeing him feeling stressed made her especially sad, as he was probably one of her most cheerful traveling companions. She appreciated the brightness he usually brought to the group greatly.

"Well... I... suppose, in a sense," Robin responded, sounding somewhat troubled. "... I'm sorry if what I did in the bar earlier upset you... It had to be done. There was absolutely no other option," he explained seriously, but gently.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 am

"Ahaha, that's so nice! That's right, Cookie, that's right......"

But she wasn't letting go just yet.

This was a rather determined hug.

The hug of a true friend....who truly wanted to help.

Who wouldn't let go.

Torsolus held tighter, unable to properly hold back any longer. He cried and sobbed into Cookie's tiny shoulder.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:38 am

Flint remained silent, staring after her with narrowed eyes, mostly in confusion. he then went back to fiddling with another freshly plucked piece of grass

Mintpaw sighed, her milky eyes growing wide "I... I don't get it... Tor-Torsolus said himself.... That if... If she remembered her own name... Sh-she'd... She'd be ok... And... She remembered her.. Name..." She gently exhaled before continuing "I... I don't want to cause pain, Robin.. I... I..." She narrowed her eyes, a flash of childish determination coursing her face for a moment "I was healing her, she was going to be ok. It.. It... It was... Uh.... It... It was" she looked doubtful "w-wr-wro-.... Wrong, to ... Kill... Her.... Sh-she... She was...Was..was my.. Patient. I..I've.." her eyes started tearing up. "I've... lost my first. *sniff* patient..." If she were any less shy, or sensitive, she would have added 'because of you' but she forced herself to hold back, mostly out of fear.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 am

As soon as Torsolus began to cry, Cookie started sobbing softly as well, and only hugged tighter. "I-I'm here for you, a-alright??" she assured him through the tears. "I-I don't know what I can do other than just... g-give you a hug, though," she sniffled, deeply wishing that she knew some way to actually be helpful. She felt so small and helpless.

"Mintpaw..." In an attempt to comfort the small medicine cat, Robin gently stroked her fur. "I admit, I don't fully understand the entire thing, myself... However, I do know that, in truth, there was nothing we could have done to save her. At least, not her physical form," he explained softly. "Torsolus explained everything before telling me to do what I did. If she would have been allowed to live, her soul would have been affected by... whatever it was... and would have ultimately ceased to exist. By destroying her corrupted body, we set her soul free... Do you understand?"

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:05 am

Now that camp was fully set up, Lucina was taking a moment to simply think, sitting by the warmth of the fire. Every so often, she would glance around at her allies as they moved about, then turn her gaze upwards to look at the sky.
At some point while idly looking around the area, Lucina was just lost enough in her thoughts that she didn't realize it when she was staring directly at Flint.

-------

Meanwhile, still somewhere extremely far away from the large group of travelers, Callie realized that that her and her new companions would be needing to settle in for the night. "Hey, Leaf...?" she spoke up, glancing up at the girl. "Think we should set up a little camp thing around here?"

Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:07 am

Torsolus hugged tighter, overjoyed and crying harder because she hadn't reacted with fear or pulling away.

"A-all I want, is for you to--*sniff*--stay with m-me.....keep being my friend and, and....I don't know if that would drain you, I know some people can't.....w-would your home accept me? Is--*sniff*.....is there any room in your family or world or, w-whatever, for, um, *sniff* a weird looking marshmallow man like me, heheheheh? Would they be afraid of me, err.....?"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 am

Mintpaw gasped "T-Tor...solus... Told you to... D-do that?" her voice was soft, barely above a whisper. Her face grew sorrowful "Tor-torsolus would... never... without... a... a reason..." a couple tears ran down her cheeks. "Th-then..." Her voice was a high pitched whine almost "WHY DID HE MAKE ME BELIEVE SHE WOULD BE OKA-HAY-HAY?!" She moved over, and pressed herself into Robin's stomach, sniffling and hiccuping quietly.

It took Flint a moment to notice he was being stared at. And he stared back for a few moments before he growled "what is it?"

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:32 am

Cookie, too, squeezed even tighter. Possibly a little too tight, though, of course, if it was, she had no idea. "I wish you could stay with us...!" she remarked, still sobbing. "B-but with my three siblings, mom, dad, the dog, the cat... I-I dunno if there'd be any room...!" she went on to explain, with a little bit of a laugh. "But of course we can still be friends...! Best friends!"

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next