Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 37 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Mistystar Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:39 am

Mandy looked a bit surprised when Mintpaw suddenly leapt onto her shoulder, but after a moment, she carefully reached out to pet the top of her head. Glancing at the young medicine cat as she did so, she finally noticed her cloudy gaze, quickly growing concerned. However, before she had a chance to mention it, Mintpaw suddenly invited her to join the group of travelers.
"Really? I can join you guys...?" The more Mandy thought about it, the more this seemed like the safest option in this strange place. She wasn't sure how dangerous it was here, after all, nor did she have any idea of how to get back home on her own. "... I'd like that; thanks," she responded, grateful for the offer.

Last edited by Mistystar on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28187

Back to top Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 37 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:37 am

Cookie just barely managed to stifle an excited squeal when Mandy agreed to join the group. She was definitely looking forward to talking to her; never did she expect to have a chance to befriend such a world-renowned musician, especially one from a band she listened to frequently.

"Well, I suppose it's settled, then; welcome to the group, Mandy," Robin told Mandy with a warm smile, slowly taking a step forward and offering a small handshake. "I should mention that if you happen to be hungry, you came just in time; we haven't had supper yet tonight," he informed her, looking towards the campfire. He couldn't help noticing that there was nothing at all cooking at the moment. "Hm... Speaking of which... I ought to get tonight's meal started."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32847

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:18 am

Mandy gently accepted Robin's handshake. "Thanks... I'm super glad I ran into you guys," she responded, smiling back. She then listened as the young man went on to talk about their supper situation, her face seeming to light up with relief, and her visible eye practically shining, when he mentioned that the group's meal was yet to come. "Really?? Oh gosh, I AM hungry... ... Kinda starving, actually," she noted, lightly scratching the back of her head as she gave a bit of an awkward chuckle. "I'd appreciate some supper so, so much... Really; thanks again, you guys...!"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:55 am

(I need to pay attention to Leaf oops)

Misty wrote:Callie bobbed her head in acknowledgement when Leaf and Clefairy returned, still somewhat deep in thought. She remained like this for a few moments, only completely snapping out of it when the Pokémon trainer glanced at her, seemingly confused. "Ah! Sorry...! I was just kinda... thinking about stuff," she explained, trying to push back her sadness with a wide, slightly awkward grin.

Leaf hummed softly and nodded in acknowledgement, but was curious about what exactly had been on Callie's mind, as it seemed to trouble her. Though she didn't speak a word, her eyes silently questioned what was bothering her, a subtly concerned expression on her face.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 am

Noticing Leaf looking subtly concerned, Callie decided that she should probably elaborate on what was bothering her. "... It just feels so lonely out here, y'know?" she began, glancing up at the human as she spoke. "It's kind of really scary having no idea how to get back home from here," she continued somewhat slowly, a subtle feeling of panic in the back of her mind as she wondered how far away from her home she could possibly be. "And... I just really miss my cousin already... I hope she's doing alright..."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 pm

"Mmmmm..." Leaf slowly nodded as she listened to what was on Callie's mind, displaying the genuine sympathy she felt for her on her face. Wanting to be reassuring, she placed a hand on her shoulder, and her face adopted a more determined-looking expression. Silently, she was trying to assure her that she would find her way back eventually, as well as telling her not to lose hope, as she wasn't alone.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 am

Despite being completely silent, Leaf's attempt to reassure Callie managed to put the Inkling at ease somewhat, a smile slowly appearing on her face and a determined glimmer appearing in her eyes. "... Ahh... Thanks a bunch for listening and stuff, Leaf... I really appreciate it," she suddenly spoke after a brief silence, her tone truly grateful. "... I bet we'll be alright if we all stick together; we're already making a pretty great team, I'd say...!" she added, her positivity quickly beginning to return. She then paused for a moment to roast and eat one last marshmallow for the night, placing her stick on the ground when she was finished.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:31 am

Holding a half-eaten marshmallow, Clefairy cheered in agreement with Callie's comment about sticking together. With enthusiasm, she finished eating her treat, and quickly got to work roasting another.

Leaf smiled when she saw Callie's mood rising again, feeling quite relieved, and dipped her head in response to the thanks. Then, she, too, turned back to the campfire, roasting one last marshmallow of her own.

(I think we can focus on the other group again now without feeling guilty xD
We can count this as a tiny timeskip, too)
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 pm

(Yesh xD)

A short while later, back at the camp of the other group, Mandy had taken a seat on a small log by the edge as she attempted to settle in. Her gaze observant and somewhat wide, she quietly watched everything that was going on around her, feeling too timid to do much else at the moment.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 am

By the fire, Robin was attempting put together a decent meal, working with whatever food supplies the group currently happened to have. In truth, cooking was not one of his strong suits, but he went about the task with a hope that this time, he might actually end up cooking something that didn't taste half bad.

For sort of a while, Cookie simply stood and stared towards the log that Mandy was sitting on, mentally debating whether or not she should try talking to and getting to know her yet. Hm... She looks kinda shy, but... maybe she'll actually feel less awkward if someone tries talking to her? she wondered. It could help her feel more welcome or something... ... ... Yep, I'm gonna try it!
Slinging her bongos' strap over one shoulder, Cookie carefully approached. "Um... Hey there...!" she greeted, waving a little. "Is it... OK if I sit here?" she asked somewhat hesitantly, motioning to an empty spot on the log. "... I-it's OK if you'd rather not talk to anyone yet, though... I totally understand," she quickly added, almost looking a little nervous. The last thing she wanted to do was make the newcomer feel even more overwhelmed.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 am

Lucina, who was standing somewhat near to the fire, glanced in Robin's direction as she began to wonder how his preparations were going. "Hmm..." Her expression growing rather thoughtful, she suddenly stepped forward to join him. "Hello, Robin," she greeted with a friendly dip of her head. "Are you... in need of any assistance, over here?" she asked, gazing down at the food he was working with.

Mandy lifted her head slightly when she heard Cookie approaching. "... Hey," she greeted somewhat softly, waving back a little. "Sure... I-it's fine," she responded to her question, giving a small, gentle smile.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 am

Flint was sitting up against the log near where Cookie had been before she approached Mandy. He glanced up as she walked over to the newcomer, but then glanced back down towards what he was doing, which was picking at grass. He seemed lost in thought though. His face twisted into a kind of hard expres​sion(yes, even for him xD)

~~

Mintpaw had placed herself next to Mandy on the log, and was curled up asleep. She lifted her head with a soft "murrow" as Cookie approached though. But she was a bit too afraid to interrupt the conversation growing next to her, so she lay her head back down. Content to let herself fall asleep for the night right then and there.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33159

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:01 am

Robin was intensely focused on his task when Lucina approached, so he appeared mildly surprised upon hearing her behind him. "Eh? ... Oh! Hello, Lucina," he greeted in return, looking back at her over his shoulder with a calm, friendly smile. "I definitely wouldn't mind a little help, if you'd like to lend a hand. I'm at a... bit of a loss here," he admitted somewhat sheepishly with a chuckle, his smile growing a little more awkward.

-----

"Really? Thanks!" Cookie quickly took her place on the log, noticing Mintpaw when she just happened to glance in her direction. "Ohhhh...! Hiya, Mintpaw," she greeted gently, giving the cat's back a little scratch. "I didn't know you were here, too...!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:13 am

Mintpaw glanced up a second time, relief clear on her blind eyes, as she gave Cookie a big smile although she was looking barely off course. She happy to not be in the way of her friend's conversation with the relative newcommer. Still, Mintpaw's voice was soft and scared as she rasped barely audibly "H-hi... Cookie.." she kind of looked away a little. "Y-yea... I-I thought may-maybe.. Mandy.. would..." she trailed off, uncertain if her thinking was accurate or not. Her next words came as a mumble. "be.. more comfortable... with me here." she flexed her claws anxiously.

In all honesty it wasn't Cookie she was afraid of getting judgement from. It was Mandy. She could only smell Mandy's faint fear scent from her lingering discomfort from being around the strangers. She couldn't read her expression to see if she had said something wrong. Mintpaw had been nervous sense she was born of course, but being blinded had made her anxiety so much worse. As Mintpaw drifted into thoughts about this, mentally scolding herself for being so afraid, she drew into silence. An uncomfortable look on her face.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 am

"Oh? Well, then, I would be happy to help out," Lucina responded to Robin, smiling gently at her friend. She then looked over the food once again, seeing what they had to work with, before swiftly getting started. "Hm... This seems like it would be good..." she thought aloud as she added something to the currently cooking meal, briefly glancing over at Robin as though silently asking for his opinion.

-------

For a few moments, Mandy observed the conversation between Cookie and Mintpaw, though she quickly began to grow concerned upon noticing the kitten's apparent anxiety. Slowly putting a hand on her soft, gray and white fur, she lightly began stoking it as she began to speak. "Aww, Mintpaw, don't worry... I do appreciate you being here," she told her in a tone that not only sounded reassuring, but also somewhat notably more laid-back than before.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:47 am

Mintpaw visibly flinched when she was touched, and was stiff for several moments when Mandy first began stroking her. But afterwards, she quickly relaxed. Seeming to enjoy being pet, even if she wasn't quite comfortable enough to purr yet. "I-I-I..... Tha-thanks." She rasped quietly. She let Mandy continue to pet her, letting herself think as the soothing motions through her fur began to clear her mind, slightly, and drag her out of the funk she had gotten herself into moments ago. After that, she finally let out a soft purr.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:54 am

"Ah... I actually never thought of throwing some of that in. I agree," Robin responded with a small nod and a look of interest in his eye, his free hand on his chin as the other stirred the bubbling contents of the pot. Then, he reached over to grab something else. "Maybe a little of this, too?" he suggested, about to add it, too, to the pot.

-----

"Yeah, you're fine!" Cookie chimed in reassuringly to Mintpaw. "If anyone's gonna make a newcomer feel better, it's you. I'm sure of it!" she commented cheerfully. "If I was suddenly in a weird place, I know I'D probably feel a little better if a little kitty suddenly came to visit me... So yep! You're good."
After petting Mintpaw, Cookie sat up straight again, then gazed in the direction of the fire. "... So... I wonder what's cooking over there?" she wondered aloud. "It's something in a pot... Maybe soup? Stew?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Lucina gazed with an almost surprised look at what Robin was about to add to the pot. "Oh...? ... That could be... an interesting addition, perhaps...?" she remarked, a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

-------

Contentedly continuing to stroke Mintpaw's fur, Mandy turned to look in the direction of the fire, as well. "Oh yeah...! ... I kinda hope it's stew, or anything else that's nice and rich..." she added, her mouth practically beginning to water when she remembered that supper was being prepared as they spoke. "But... I'll gladly take anything at all," she continued, smiling a bit. Just as she said, it truly didn't matter to her what kind of food she would be eating; she was just extremely relived that she wouldn't have to spend the night with an empty stomach.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Mintpaw, hearing the discussion at hand, sniffed the air. she could clearly smell every ingredient involved in the odd mixture. Her nose scrunched up. "What you two-legs eat never ceases to amaze me." She murmured quietly. "It smells ter-erm.. Kinda bad, to me.." She flexed her claws. Doubting her ability to hunt, without training, or being able to see any twigs or leaves in front of her. Either way, the food did NOT smell appealing to her. For the moment though, she was happy to move closer to Mandy, and lay on her side, pressing her back against Mandy's leg and letting out a contented purr. She closed her milky eyes.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 am

Robin sort of froze, noticing Lucina's reaction. "Oh... W-well, uh, I... I guess this... could be a... little unnecessary, actually," he spoke somewhat timidly, putting the ingredient back where he got it. "... Um... Oh! How about this instead?" he asked, holding up something else.

(THE VAGUENESS OF THIS FOOD)

-----

"It does...?" Cookie asked, looking briefly at Mintpaw before turning her gaze towards the fire again. "Hm... Maybe it's just because it's not done yet?" she remarked. "Some foods do smell kinda weird before you cook 'em, I guess."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 am

"Ohh, yes... I think that would compliment it quite well...!" Lucina agreed, sounding quite a lot more confident in this ingredient. Having noticed Robin's sudden timidness, she then gave him an encouraging smile, as if telling him to not give up just yet.

(SUCH VAGUENESS)

-------

Feeling Mintpaw press against her leg, purring, Mandy briefly glanced down at the kitten with a bit of a soft giggle. However, she quickly returned to the conversation, once again looking up at Cookie. "Huh... Yeah, that has to be all it is..." she responded in agreement, giving a slow nod as her gaze drifted back in the direction of the fire.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:24 am

"Alright; in it goes, then!" Robin added the ingredient he was holding to the pot, stirring it in. "I think it has everything it needs now," he commented, gazing at the bubbling mixture. "I wouldn't want to add too much and ruin it."
After observing the group's meal for a few moments longer, Robin looked up at Lucina once again. "So... How have you been feeling lately?" he asked gently, his expression soft. "I'm sorry it's been so long since we've had a chance to talk... Things have been rather chaotic... Are you holding up alright?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:24 pm

"I agree... It seems perfectly fine as is," Lucina responded, gazing into the pot's contents to get a good look for herself, falling silent for several moments as she did so.
All of a sudden, however, her attention was directed away from watching their meal cook when she heard Robin's question. "I've been fine, for the most part... Though I'm sorry, too; I really should have looked for a chance to talk with you," she responded, giving him a soft look of apology. "... However," she continued after a small pause, momentarily glancing off into the distance with a thoughtful expression. "With each day that goes by, I can't help growing a little more worried..."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:30 pm

"About Chrom and the others?" Robin asked lowly, with a look of understanding. Of course, he, too, couldn't help thinking about their friends back home on a regular basis.

([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 pm

the scent of the food was finally enough for Mintpaw's highly trained nose. She sat up, stretched, and jumped down off the log. She then said, looking at no one "I-I'm going to go hunt. Or try to. I'll be back later." She then slipped into the forest past their campground.

~~

Flint glanced up. He realized he should probably help setting up the camp or cooking the food or something. Flint's motivation was at low though. So he satisfied himself by looking around, and noting that the camp was all but set up, and therefore his help was unneeded. He leaned back against the log he was sitting against, and closed his eyes. His face still scrunched up in seemingly serious thoughts.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next