Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What causes your death the least?

+6
Moonflame
Tornadostorm
Swirlstar
Jewelsky
Stealthy
Roseblossom
10 posters

Go down

'Cause we need to be more positive darn it

What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap0%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap24%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap29%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]
What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap10%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap10%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap0%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What causes your death the least? I_vote_lcap29%What causes your death the least? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 21

What causes your death the least? Empty What causes your death the least?

Post by Roseblossom Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:58 pm

I know it's still pretty early in the school year so we can't really know for sure but...
What is your favorite / least-hated class?

My favorites so far are English (we've already read 3 short stories, AND watched a movie of one of them, and they were really cool :D also the teacher is a friend's dad so aw ye Cool) and Japanese (great teacher, great language, awwwww yeeeeeee  aw ye)
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28101

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What causes your death the least? Empty Re: What causes your death the least?

Post by Stealthy Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:12 am

English! Creative Writing for life! Class was stressful but I can always spin a tale with the most eloquent of vocabularic fibers. MMM YEAH ~
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17857

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:50 pm

English was one of my favorites last year; I had an understanding teacher who made us do relatively fun writing projects (I assume part of the reason I liked it was because it was an accelerated class and didn't bore/annoy me because it was going at a snail's pace.). Also, we had Japanese pen pals. Added bonus.
But this year is entirely different. For whatever stupid reason, there's no accelerated class, so I'm stuck at it again putting up with tons of people who have no idea what they're doing, a teacher who doesn't really care, and a boring-as-heck curriculum. And everything we do is group work. I despise group work with a passion, but usually, there are only a couple of group projects in each class. I can't stand it when every single thing we do has to be accomplished with a partner. Just give me some space, okay?
*cough* Anyway, we're supposed to be talking about what classes we like.
I voted world languages, but that's because of teaching myself Japanese, which is fun. My German program is… not the best, to say the least.
I also voted science, not because of the science class I'm taking this year (which is biology, ew), but because of chemistry. I'm not even 100% sure why I like it so much (a lot of it is probably because of benzene… oops), but I adore it. We have chemistry next year, and that would be about the only thing I'm looking forward to in the relatively near future.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62453

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Swirlstar Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:16 pm

I was actually excited for this school year lol but everything is literally killing me EXCEPT forensics and finance, so I guess those two?? lol
Swirlstar
Swirlstar
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 64
Fresh-kill : 20004

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:25 am

Jewelsky wrote:For whatever stupid reason, there's no accelerated class, so I'm stuck at it again putting up with tons of people who have no idea what they're doing, a teacher who doesn't really care, and a boring-as-heck curriculum.

I relate so much. Last year's English? Creative Writing! Challenging but fun! Year before that? I don't....I....so many diagrams......underline the verbs.....like.....it never changed, it never advanced, it was just diagrams over and over and over...when we did our 5th grade mandatory test, to check how the little homeschoolers are doing, we got College level on English. Stupid easy questions like "which of these sentences is the most colorful". XD

Mom got so sick of correcting diagrams she wanted to just quit English for next year but we HAD to get another English credit for whatever stupid reason so our overwhelming Creative Writing class was what we did. We wanted to have a fun year but we got bogged down with stuff the government MADE us learn and it was so overwhelming we finished late. It was terrible. :P

This year Twist and I aren't even signed up as being officially in school. Twist is learning art and animation. I'm gonna study the GED so I can tell the world I'm smurt and mom's gonna teach me to play the piano. It'll be difficult because she's away for two months helping her mom cause her dad just passed away. But it should be generally all better this time round.

Sometimes....the system isn't very good to individuals, or to individual styles of "free" homeschooling moms. Laws are stricter in some provinces than others. But kids aren't things to be molded into each one single shape. We're all made of different stuff. We need to be molded and guided according to our limits and our advantages. Given room to rise when we excel, and attention to learn when we fall behind.

Wish I had a good conclusion but we're in a city and I wanna play Pokemon Go so see ya later! OwO
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17857

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:56 am

Diagrams and underlining verbs sounds pretty much like what I'm doing now, and that's the kind of English I've always despised. I get the feeling my own teacher can't even tell the difference between a transitive and intransitive verb sometimes, but that isn't even the main problem. What REALLY bugs me is that we're still learning these things in 9th grade. It feels like I just took a 3-year leap backward in English curriculum. Drawing plot diagrams and "learning" vocabulary words that are already familiar to me and have even been a major part of my everyday vocabulary for years is not teaching me anything. It's boring at the best, depressing at the worst, and most often, stressful.

I remember doing standardized testing for reading in grade school—the highest score the computer could process was a reading level of 9.9, and every time I took the test throughout the years, I always got >9.9. This wasn't even uncommon—some of my other classmates also received this score, so I wasn't some speshul snowflake because of how insanely smart I was.

That sounds awful, but what you're doing this year sounds really cool! I wish I had the opportunity to do something like that. I'd love to hear how it works out—better than previous years, I hope.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62453

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Yep! Well not exactly like we planned, I'm studying the GED too, and we haven't found a 2D Digital Art and Animation program that we can use >.< Urgh I'm back to the stupid, horrible, makes me wanna cry math, because the school doesn't realize MY MIND DOESN'T WORK LIKE THATTTT I CAN'T RETAIN ANY OF IT UUUGGRRRRHHHHHAAA *cough cough* ehem.. Anyway, on a high note, I know where I'm going to collage :D A really cool school who is like the only one remotely close to where we are (it's.. Not close to where we are) that has an AWESOME, PERFECT 2D DIGITAL ART AND ANIMATION PROGRAM WHOOP WHOOP!!!! Anway, to answer this poll, I like science the most, (I actually like biology and dislike chemistry @3@) 
But I also like art and stuff :3 Unlike Stealth, I don't like creative writing tho. It's stressful and unnecessary to me. And it's probably not helped by the same issue that makes math virtually impossible for me. 

I think I need to give mom another push that I want an art class o3o
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33174

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 pm

THAT'S AWESOME NEWS, TWIST!! I'm so glad you found a place where you can persue your art!! <33

Anyway, this school year is the toughest one since I have 5 AP classes and I will be taking the SAT soon, probably in March. In addition to that, I still have my goals of getting all As and maintaining a really high GPA and getting 4s and/or 5s on the AP tests to get into really good colleges. There's just so much demand and pressure that I and my parents put on myself so I can go to an excellent college, if not an IV League (though I seriously doubt it XD)

Also, my sister is studying for her MCAT, which is a test that enables you to go to medical school, and there's just so much stress on us XP

ANYWAY, back to the point of the thread, I'd say chemistry probably kills me the least XD but I also love biology too and I'm really excited to take Bio II next year <33

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 pm

I voted for English, Science and Other. Other stands for all of my music courses ((:
I'm in my schools Pre-Ap program for English (which was a bad idea xD). It's a ton of the really smart kids that are also in our challenge Math course and they're like on debate team and on the chess team and stuff like that. Surprisingly, a lot of them are the popular sporty girls, but they're like, insanely smart. There's also this girl in our class who's skipped 3 grades!!!I know!!! She's supposed to be in grade 7 but she's moved up with us, she's scary smart; like her parents get mad at her if she gets less than 95% )): We also have the play together and since she plays tenor sax, we see each other a lot xD she's in my since class too lol. I'm really enjoying the class, but we take SO.MANY.NOTES. Like, every class we have 6 pages double sided of notes to take, my poor hand.... We've only taken 2 tests so far, but they've caused me a lot of anxiety taking them xD The teacher is super chill as well, and he's just overall really easy to talk to, he gets our class' sense of humour quite well.

As for Science, I got the teacher I had for French last year, and i love her so much!! She's very organized and makes everything very clear to understand. The only downside to that class is *drumroll please* Hockey Academy (Very Canadian, I know xD). The guys in that academy are very full of themselves, and can be quite loud and they distract everyone a lot. I have a ton in my Science class, so thats the only downside towards that.

And finally, for Other. I take Jazz Band in the morning every Day 2 at 7:20 (School starts at 8:30). I really enjoy the challenge towards that, and we play some really fun songs. After we did a competition trip to new Orleans last April, I became pretty good friends with a bunch of the older kids in the class (It's from grades 9-12). There's actually quadruplets that were all in band last year (one of them dropped it this ear tho), and they're all ridiculously good! They're graduating this year, and they're basically the glue of the band, I'm so scared for next year lol. And I also take Musical Theatre which is every Wednesday (and Tuesday, but I have dance so I can't go) from 3-5. I'm in the pit (orchestra) and we're doing a musical called Thoroughly Modern Millie. We did Shrek the Musical last year, and to say the least, Millie is so much harder!! We moved the play 2 months earlier this year, and nobody's prepared! I'm super nervous for show week lmao.

Wow, I wrote a lot, and ironically, I'm missing school today because I'm sick xD.
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Herbs : 61
Fresh-kill : 19492

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Wow XD (my parents sound like hers about my grades XP)

Yeahhhhh.... I'm in 5 AP classes rip
We take so many notes in my history class too ughhhhh
Chemistry too XP
Not much in stats and physics... they barely teach XD basically, I have to teach everything to myself -.-
We do like nothing in English except essays and multiple choice practice for the AP test in May

I'm in orchestra!! :D I play violin and I love it so much <33 (I also played piano since I was like 7, but my school doesn't offer it T-T)
Theatre is so fun!!! I was in theatre in middle school and my teachers said I was really good XD
My school performed Shrek The Musical last year too XD right now is MARRY POPPINS!!! I know a lot of people who are acting in it XD I've never been to one of my school plays before tho XD

School starts at 7:50 OTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Wed May 17, 2017 9:01 pm

I really loved the writing curriculum I did this year
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19922

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Wed May 31, 2017 2:21 am

I actually really like school, so in no particular order:

Creative Writing
Genetics
Film Analysis
Psychology
History of Africa
Diversity of Life

These have been my favorite subjects so far. Once I take more specific zoology courses they'll be my favorite, though.
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42589

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobaltkit Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:59 am

My favorite classes are Technology and Metalwork. I'm good at technology, and... okay at Metalwork? Most of my projects come out looking like mutilated pieces of metal xD
English is good too, especially for a grammar nazi like me I love creative writing. Art and Science are also nice.
I actually kind of like Maths? Please don't kill me.
Cobaltkit
Cobaltkit
Kit

Herbs : 4
Fresh-kill : 13104

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 am

Balto I like math sometimes too xD like srsly i could spend a whole day doing algebraic functions and foiling aaaaaaaaaaa ;w;
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28101

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowrose Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Ok, so I always hated math. Never once liked it and never once understood much at all. I could have someone explain to me how 'this thing' works, but I don't know. I guess I'm just reeeeally not good at math.

Every other subject I found boring and difficult. I did pretty average in others if not fail every once in a while.

I never liked Phy Ed, cause in public school, you wouldn't believe the kind of games they made us play. I was never into athletic things so I didn't play any type of sports and guess how that treated me? Phy Ed was definitely a struggle, because literally EVERYONE else was a pro at everything and look at me not knowing anything. I also just never really found it necessary for the teachers to push us so hard cause heck, I'm so skinny it shouldn't even matter.

I sorta liked Art, but they would force us to do projects that, guess what? Everyone else but me was good at. Drawing was fun, but everything else was hard and I didn't want to do it.

Willowrose
Willowrose
Warrior

Herbs : 214
Fresh-kill : 40092

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down