Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D

2 posters

Go down

Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D Empty Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D

Post by Stealthy Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Yaaaaayyyyyy another rant! :D I actually, sincerely love writing these. Rants about things that don't matter are the must fun to write, for sure. This one's pretty specific, and really only relates to people who play Tomodachi Life fairly commonly, and who have reached that point of repetition where some unnecessarily long procedures can be kinda grating. The reason I feed my Miis during fights is because I see fights as an opportunity to advance my search for that Mii's favorite foods. I try to feed the Mii tiny things so as to leave room for MORE things, thereby making more progress in my search, feeding only things the Mii has never eaten.

This rant is more fun if you imagine the accompanying in-game sound effects in your head for every scenario given.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!

Tomodachi Mii Fights are Highly InconvenientTM

It's morning! Let's play Tomodachi Life. So you go look at a room of one of your more insignificant Miis, who has a friendship problem. Maybe he wants to finally make a long desired island pairing a reality? Fix up Mario and Peach?

There's steam coming from his head.

Nope. It's just another fight.

There's fights everywhere, actually. Just like every morning. They'll take awhile to clear up. You see two fights next to each other. Maybe they're in the same fight and you can clear two windows in one go.

You see the dyed-hair Mii puffing mad (despite his permanent, soulless, psychopathic grin) to the sound of an obnoxious percussive fight song. Actually, the song is fine on its own. It's just that you've heard it so much...

"I'm in kind of a bad mood today." This Mii HAS an angry catchphrase that you carefully chose for him, but he chooses not to use it. Meh. That's ok.

You immediately take the opportunity to feed the Mii carefully chosen tiny snack foods that will allow for more foods to try for the Super-All-Time-Favorite before the Mii becomes full. Or at least to get this calming-down thing over with, so he can solve the fight. Lets gooooo......potato chips.

"He likes it."

Ha. Yup. The absolute minimum amount he can enjoy the food without it being enough to calm him for the necessary conflict de-escalation. That's ok. Another morsel. Strawberry shortcake.

"He likes it."

Oh gosh. Okay, two drinks are all that's left this guy can fit.

Soda! Whatever.

"He likes it."

AHAHAHAHA WHYYYYY.

Level up. Ohh gee this is taking forever.

Triumphant music plays. This Mii is level 30-something and you given him all he'll ever really need from leveling. All that's left is pocket change. You fill in your chosen amount fast as you can manage.

"Cool! Thanks! Now I just need nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-two dollars before I can take a trip to outer--" AHAHAHAHA SKIP.

"Thanks for being so nice! Please accept this as a token of my gratitude!" (You got a gold coin.)
OKAY MOVING ON!

"Here. I want you to have--" OHHH MYY GOOOSH. (You got stomach medicine.) OKAYYYY.

The fight song resumes. You've spent WAYYY too much time trying to appease this Mii. One more foodstuff. Milkshake!

Awkward pause.

"I'm not hungry enough to eat this."

SCUZE ME? It's a milkshake!! A thick liquid! You don't have to finish it! Come on, can we just move on please??

Apple juice!

Sip sip sip....

"He likes it."

AAAAGGHHH (You tore out your hair.)

Now this Mii is FULL. FFFUULL. Now you have to resort to your interactive objects. Here you go Mii. Disposable camera. Nothing like a nice photography session to calm you--

"I'm not in the mood right now."

COOOOME OOOOON.

So you try different stuff until you discover that the Mii will accept the bath set. Which will remove his hair dye. *siiiiigh*..... (You don't discover the calming, non-dye removing music box for a few months, or the swing set for another year.)

BATH IS DONE. NOW MII. TAKE YOUR JUNK-FOOD LADEN STOMACH AND SLIGHTLY MISCOLORED HAIR AND APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS.

And it's not the Mii next door like you thought. Which means in a minute you're dealing with all this again. So much for that idea.

NOW. ALL THAT TIMEWASTE. IT'S ALL FOR THIS MOMENT. This unskippable cutscene.

The offending Mii is steaming.

*knock knock*

*door open* (despite not being invited in.)

*slow walk. Wave. Offender turns around.*

*pause.*

*Mii advances. Pause.*

*Zoom in on supposedly solemn expression, all but ruined by that big, silly grin. You've chuckled at it before.*

"I'm sorry about what happened."

*pause.*

*pause.*

*pause.*

*oh my gosh say something.*

*pause.*

"I'm still not over it."

(Insert intense mental meltdown as your Mii descends to his knees under a rain cloud of sorrow, immediately returning to his silly grin, while his happiness bar ticks down to a line of blue, and another obnoxious tune plays.)

You want to feed him to get him happy again but, as mentioned before, he is now FULL. And you don't have time to toss interactive items at him right now. You have more fights to quell. You re-dye his hair and then move on.

Everything will be ok. Unattended sad Miis always get less sad over time despite the negligence, and maybe tomorrow you'll check back on him and he'll be fine. Better yet, in situations like this, the offending Mii could still grab your attention to say, "I'm sick of fighting. I want to get along with Grinny-Pants again", thus eliminating the blue bar of despair and rectifying the whole thing effortlessly. Maybe this time the offending Mii will do just that.

You wait.

He never does.

I love Tomodachi Life. I really do. But after awhile, I've come to find the Tomodachi Life Mii Fights highly inconvenient.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17867

Back to top Go down

Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D Empty Re: Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D

Post by Jewelsky Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:50 pm

I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY HOLY GOODNESS
All of this was strangely relatable xD I always feed them small foods that they've never eaten, yeah. And I hate fights, but they're so common. ;-; You really took the words out of my mouth with this one.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62464

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D Empty Re: Tomodachi Life: Mii Fights are Highly Inconvenient :D

Post by Stealthy Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Jewelsky wrote:I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY HOLY GOODNESS
All of this was strangely relatable xD I always feed them small foods that they've never eaten, yeah. And I hate fights, but they're so common. ;-; You really took the words out of my mouth with this one.

OHHH YAYY! I wasn't sure because I'm aware everybody plays games a little differently than I do, so I wasn't sure if this would relate XXDDD SO GLAD U LIEKED!! :D And yeah the fights are painfully common. I get actually scared for them when they take place between a couple whom I want to stay together. I actually try to save before dealing with those, just in case it ends badly and I need to reset. D:
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:36 pm

I get it; everyone has their own way of doing things, so this might not have hit home like it did. I don't think I've ever had a couple fight before! I've had some mutual breakups, but I bet fights are a lot scarier. I usually just let things happen however they will, though. I don't tend to save and reset to influence things, but I see why you would.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62464

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Jewelsky wrote:I get it; everyone has their own way of doing things, so this might not have hit home like it did. I don't think I've ever had a couple fight before! I've had some mutual breakups, but I bet fights are a lot scarier. I usually just let things happen however they will, though. I don't tend to save and reset to influence things, but I see why you would.

It is scary! I've lost the most couples to failed reconciliations, some to fights (at least once by my own will), and only one to mutual breakup. (My own Mii and Mr Cool. I didn't want them to be together anymore so I let them peter out. At the fountain, under the stars, they decided they were happier as friends. It was the most beautiful breakup I've ever seen.) I rule my couplings with an iron fist. XD
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum