Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread

3 posters

Go down

Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread Empty Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread

Post by Vinefrost Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 pm

If my avatar and nonstop ranting about the Survivor parody series Total Drama didn't give it away, I'm a bit of a fan of elimination shows. Who would have guessed, right?!? And because I'm not self-aware of my own obsession at all, I figured something like this would make a great RP! However, in terms of ideas, all I have is:

"Just do TDI but with OCs lol"

And that clearly won't do. So this thread is mostly just so I can spitball ideas and make the plan a bit better before I post an official form. Here's what I've got so far. Feel free to post any suggestions or things you'd like to see happen.

• I will probably rp as the host and challenge creator. I'll take suggestions for them outside of the RP, but ultimately the ideas for challenges need to be fair to all OCs and will have to go through the "producers" (me) and be "greenlit". I'll do my best attempt to create challenges that allow for the direction to be decided by the competing RPers and let crazy situations occur.
  • I likely won't create a contestant unless there is a shortage. I don't want there to be any bias.
  • I'm still considering how the voting process should happen. Maybe via PM, if everyone is trusting that the results will be fair. A poll after each challenge is also an option as long as we can prevent vote changing and make sure only active contestant vote. I also don't want eliminations to be taken too seriously, so a way to keep eliminated OCs involved is ideal. Perhaps a short break into their lives at the Loser Plaza™, and seeing how the most recently kicked off contestant reacts. Occasionally they might be approached and asked to make decisions that affect the game? Idk.
  • One glaring issue here is that I'll have to return to college soon and am unsure of how my activity will be. As a worst case scenario, we may have to do this weekly like an actual competition, but I don't know if it'll come to that. More details coming in about a month, I'd imagine.
  • My primary source of inspiration will be TDI, but I also watch The Amazing Race, The Voice, and America's Got Talent and know how they all work. I have no clue how legitimate, unironic Survivor works, though. If a contestant wants to utilize a trope or plot point from a show I'm not aware of they should be able to as long as it doesn't break the game. "Hey, I found this immunity idol that keeps people from voting for me until the final 3!" wouldn't be acceptable, for example.
  • What should the winner receive? Honestly, because it's just an RP, bragging rights is all I can actually give, but I wish there was a legitimate prize. I'm not sure of what it should be if there is one.
  • The form should include strengths and weaknesses to prevent godplaying. If someone lists a fear of heights at the beginning, they shouldn't excel at a mountain climbing challenge unless a plot point is made out of them conquering a fear.
  • Maybe audition tapes as part of the form could be fun? Having the OC try to say why they'd be a good fit for the show? Of course, they'd be accepted, but it'd be a good first look at our cast.
  • What cast size would you like to have? Given the small size of ETF, I think giving people multiple spots in the cast is acceptable, but I'm not sure what size it should be.
  • Fursonas are ideal, but there may not be enough of them, so I'd allow fandom OCs too.
  • In my mind, the tone would be semi-serious with a lot of funny characters. Not taken completely seriously, but not "lol so random" either, unless there's a character who has that for a personality. Ultimately, however, the tone is set by the players and the situations they create.
  • I'd like the contestants to stand out and be unique. An island full of nothing but generic nice players wouldn't be very entertaining. Don't be afraid to play as a contestant who is manipulative or sometimes immoral.
  • Just because something is known in the narrative doesn't mean your character is aware of it. If a secret alliance is made in your team, YOU may know about it, but unless your OC does some detective work, they may not have a clue. Seeing how alliances develop and break apart is half of the fun in these types of things.

I know this is a lot, but this is meant to be listed so my ideas are transparent. Let me know if an idea is good or tell me if one is terrible. I'd like to get started with the "cast selection" soon, but I just wanted to post the ideas I have before I turn it all into a coherent RP. I really want this to work out so make sure your voice is heard! Thanks for reading!
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42569

Back to top Go down

Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread Empty Re: Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread

Post by Glimmerwing Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 pm

this all seems good idk
I was thinking we could use the polls but yeah, idk how that would work actually. A lot of thought would have to go into it.
Also, I don't see a problem with you making a character. How could there be any favoritism? It's not like the host can vote, or be involved with how others vote in any way.
I'm not sure if an actual prize is necessary but if someone wins, they could always get fresh kill, like we do in the posting contests.
I also think it shouldn't be limited to just ocs, and should be any character (cause how many people actually have ocs)
...that's all lol
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34301

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread Empty Re: Vine's Elimination Show RP Season 1 Ideas Thread

Post by Vinefrost Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Good point about the characters. What do you think is more important: transparency and having everyone's votes visible, or suspense and having the eliminated contestant be unknown by everyone until the host announces it in a post? I'm kind of torn.
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42569

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmerwing Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:49 pm

I think it should be the second option, it adds more mystery to the rp idk
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34301

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowrose Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:08 am

I like the whole idea, pretty much all the rules in TD could be applied. How about just make the challenges not as random or unfair, but not so normal that it gets boring? I don't know, I can't really think of ideas for actual challenges.

I agree that we should have a stats type thing, but make sure that RPers have enough weaknesses that they aren't a god or anything like that.

I think we should mostly keep it at our fursona, but as humans or something. I do want to make sure we have enough randomish characters that things don't get boring.

I don't really know if I can be helpful. I do think that there are no real problems with any ideas. The general idea for the RP sounds really fun. :3
Willowrose
Willowrose
Warrior

Herbs : 214
Fresh-kill : 40072

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down