Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cartoon Band Name Woes

Go down

If Skulltimate were a well-known cartoon, would their name attract the attention of enemy lawyers?

Cartoon Band Name Woes I_vote_lcap0%Cartoon Band Name Woes I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Cartoon Band Name Woes I_vote_lcap100%Cartoon Band Name Woes I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Cartoon Band Name Woes Empty Cartoon Band Name Woes

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:01 am

Recently, I made a decision to change #Skulltimate's name to #Skulltima, but now I'm having regrets (maybe largely because they've been Skulltimate for like 7 years at least but whatever). The decision was made to be more original, but even now, I'm not so sure it's any better. I'm still running into problems when I think about it.

I'm now going to list the problems (possible clashes with existing things) I ran into with each name-

Skulltimate-
- Apparently, there are some Monster High sets or something that use the phrase in their name, but they may or may not spell it slightly differently. (An example I saw was the "Skultimate Science Class")
- There seems to be some (probably obscure) online store called "Skulltimate Gear" in existence. They have a Facebook page, according to Google, but I didn't see anything else on page 1, so it's probably not an issue.

Skulltima-
- Ultima is a thing.

Honestly, I think it may be a better idea to just go back to and stick with their original name. Even though I ran into two main problems with it, I'm only actually concerned about the first one, and it seems a lot less troubling to me than "Skulltima"'s name similarity to the game/series "Ultima".

So I figured I would (try to) get some non-paranoid opinions before proceeding. Keep in mind that the reason why I'm being so careful is because I'm planning on seriously working on this, and we want to be safe (and not sued) if it actually becomes a well-known cartoon. Elaboration is also appreciated, thanks.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32837

Back to top Go down

Cartoon Band Name Woes Empty Re: Cartoon Band Name Woes

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Never mind; everyone (on here and elsewhere) seems to agree that there is no issue. I have no idea what I was thinking with the name change, and am just going to run around again, casually changing it back to the way it should be. xD
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32837

Back to top Go down