Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom?

3 posters

Go down

Officially give ETF a more general theme, or keep it tied to the Warriors fandom?

ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom? I_vote_lcap63%ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom? I_vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom? I_vote_lcap37%ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom? I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Announcement ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom?

Post by Mistystar Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 pm

It's become very apparent that ETF has slowed down a lot in the past couple of years, but I came up with an idea a while ago that could potentially refresh things by making the site feel less limited overall. As I've had the idea for over a year, and since ETF seems to be becoming more and more of a ghost town, I should probably go for it now and bring it up:

What if we give ETF a more general theme, as opposed to keeping it limited to the Warriors fandom?

Outside the Warriors club, works related to said club, and RPs, it doesn't seem like Warriors as a whole is a topic that comes up a lot. Quite a few members, I'm sure, have even drifted away from the fandom altogether--and I'm just speculating here, but I imagine that could make coming here a bit awkward for them, as the site is themed around something they're not even interested in anymore

Although that last part is simply speculation, I'm sure of one thing that's definitely true: making it a requirement to be a Warriors fan severely limits who can join ETF. Someone's family member/friend could show interest in joining the site, but if they're not interested in Warriors, then it's basically impossible for them to do so as things are now. It honestly sounds like a missed opportunity for potential friendships to form, and if they were able to join, it could enhance that close-knit feel ETF has thrived on before, and hopefully encourage some more activity

As for the Warriors club thread, which is of course an important part of ETF's history, no worries--it would, of course, remain the same as it is now. And we can definitely give it its own dedicated channel on ETF's Discord server, even! (maybe more convenient club meetings on there will be a thing after all? *eyebrows*)

Overall, I don't think a ~lot~ really needs to be changed to give the site a more general theme--the name "Enter the Forest" is already general enough, as we can keep all the forest vibes without it being tied specifically to Warriors. (On a sidenote, if people still want one of the site's skins to be Warriors club-themed regardless, maybe we can rename the current green theme as something like "Green - Warriors Club" while setting a similar, more general "Green" theme as the default?) Aside from some visuals, "herbs"--and even more so "fresh-kill", I think--would need to be called something different (probably more forest-sounding names of some kind) to avoid sounding so Warriors. If there are any other major details I'm missing about necessary changes--or if you have an idea for the "herbs" and/or "fresh-kill"--you're welcome to bring it up in the discussion!

Welp, I think that about sums it up--I hope I described everything with clarity there, ahah >w>; Though that became quite a wall of text, I think the the process would actually be pretty simple

With ETF clearly needing a boost right now, I personally don't see a downside to this change--however, what does everyone else think? I'd of course like to gather everyone else's input on the matter, too--and if there are any questions, feel free to ask~

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

Last edited by Mistystar on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 27957

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom?

Post by Glimmerwing Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 pm

For me personally, I never lost interest in ETF because of the Warriors theme, it was a number of other things, but I can see how others might feel that way. I'm not a fan of it at all anymore but I still like the club itself
I definitely agree that it would be better for it not to be a requirement to be a Warriors fan. A problem I can think of, though, is I'm not sure how we would get more activity, even with getting rid of that rule. People used to find ETF through the WIWC, which they obviously can't now...I think even if the WI club was still a thing though, no one would join because WI itself isn't very active. In the WIWC's last years there were barely any new members. I don't think that has to do with a lack of interest in Warriors (I think the fandom is still pretty active, could be wrong), but with the lack of people on WI. maybe if anyone knows of a more active forum like WI that ETF can be promoted on...I feel like that's been tried before and it didn't work, but maybe that's cause it was promoted as a Warriors site.
Imo a good portion of the site should still be dedicated to Warriors though....maybe have its own section on the forum like Important Site News, RPing etc. with the club itself, Warriors RPs, maybe a thread where people can post their own Warriors related art? because that's the site's history. it's why I joined, it'd still be nice I think for it to be a prominent feature, even if I myself might not do much there anymore.  
also as a side note, I always loved the night theme cause of the color scheme but the banner is all glitched out now so it'd be nice to see that theme back as well!
Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34076

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: ETF: Give it a more general theme not limited to the Warriors fandom?

Post by Roseblossom Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:06 pm

Just here to let you know I really don't have an opinion on this. I don't really wanna be like, involved in etf anymore, so y'all can just do whatever makes you happy.
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 27856

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum