Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Represent Your Fandom Well

2 posters

Go down

Represent Your Fandom Well Empty Represent Your Fandom Well

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Okay, so we all have our interests, right?

Right.

And we should have the right to show our interest in those things, right?

Right.

So because we have that right, we should also be allowed to act however we want, including putting down people for their differing interests, lack of interest in our interests, or to act like our interest is better than the person in question's?

Represent Your Fandom Well PIVmqWP

For real though. Do you know how many times I feel ashamed for being a part of a few fandoms I'm in? Too many. Know how many each of those times I felt shame for my fandom is because of somebody else acting to rude/mean/condescending/etc. to somebody else who either doesn't like it or just doesn't have an interest in it? Every single one of them.
I mean, seriously. You don't get to shove what you like in somebody else's face and then act offended because they don't agree. You're not responsible for introducing them to something, and you are NOT the one whose job it is to "show them the light" about your interest. If they have the inclination to check it out, then they will check it out. They definitely won't want to check out ANYTHING when you A) shove it down their throat B) foam at the mouth about how much you love [insert thing here] C) demonstrate a terrible attitude. They'll correlate your condescending nature/rudeness/etc. with the thing you were trying to show them, and they'll assume everybody who likes that thing acts exactly that way.
So, in essence, you're creating a stereotype that doesn't need to exist.

For example, I see a lot of people hate on Hetalia because some scumbags who happen to like Hetalia start going around and bashing other fandoms and shunning those who simply have no interest in Hetalia or anime in general. And I look at these people like:
Represent Your Fandom Well PKEJpk6
Represent Your Fandom Well S6bO7mi

Because of you, you're making Hetalia [or whatever it is] look bad by bashing people who don't like it for whatever reason.
Just be nice to people. It's really not that hard.
Even if they're not nice back. True, there's a limit to how much you can take before giving up on being nice, but you still shouldn't be mean to them.

JUST BE NICE, M'KAY

kthxbye

Back to top Go down

Represent Your Fandom Well Empty Re: Represent Your Fandom Well

Post by Silverstar Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:16 pm

thank you thank you thank you

when directioners act all cray cray people be getting the wrong idea about the rest of us.

about pretty much all my fandoms.

growl
Silverstar
Silverstar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 60
Fresh-kill : 20356

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer da Freakin Queen Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:41 pm

praise what you said about hetalia
like literally i have some friends irl who do that
dude
no
just because you got a couple people into it including me doesnt give you the right to forcibly convert everyone into hetalians
Shimmer da Freakin Queen
Shimmer da Freakin Queen
Warrior

Herbs : 4
Fresh-kill : 20217

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down