Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!)

3 posters

Go down

Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!) Empty Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!)

Post by Vinefrost Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:52 am

Sands of Time is a series I'm writing about a pack of velociraptors struggling to survive in the Gobi Desert. On a long, painful journey to a new home, they must evade predators, beat the elements, and help each other if they wish to see the next sunrise.

Things You Should Know Before Reading
Real velociraptors didn't look like the ones in Jurassic Park. Realistic velociraptors had a coat of feathers and were about the size of today's turkeys.

This book is inspired by both Warriors and Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

A lot of the species mentioned in this story aren't exactly common knowledge. I'll try to describe them as best I can, but if you have any questions about them, don't hesitate to ask me.

Although this story uses realistic facts for its dinosaurs, there will be some slight exaggerations. Since all we have from dinosaurs are fossils, some things have to be left to the imagination, and I've filled those gaps with fictional things that will benefit the plot.

Characters
Pack of the Red Sand
Pack Leader: Ebony
Packmates:
Willow (Ebony's mate)
Havoc
Drizzle
Breeze (twin sister of Gale)
Gale (twin sister of Breeze)
Hatchlings:
Birch
Inferno
(more characters to be revealed)

Prologue
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vinekit on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added prologue)
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42534

Back to top Go down

Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!) Empty Re: Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!)

Post by Jewelsky Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Ahh, looks great! This seems like it should be an interesting book. :3
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62398

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!) Empty Re: Sands of Time: Book 1- Famine (Prologue Posted!)

Post by Glimmerwing Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Awesome story, Vineh! :D Cool way to start.
Is Willow telling the story?

Glimmerwing
Glimmerwing
Deputy

Herbs : 407
Fresh-kill : 34266

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oajsFyYIe0

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Thanks. :3 The prologue is in Willow's point of view, but the perspective changes from time to time.
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42534

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:42 am

The prologue is fantastic! <3
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62398

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down