Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant*

+5
Goldy
Swirlstar
Midnightflame
Jewelsky
Stealthy
9 posters

Go down

Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant* Empty Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant*

Post by Stealthy Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 pm

No, I'm not ripping off Midnight, nor is she ripping me off. We just both hate earbuds...but for slightly different reasons. Her hatred is born from a personal experience. Mine is just kinda...there. I hate earbuds. And earbuds hate me.

Reasons to hate earbuds:

1. They hurt. A LOT.
2. They fall out. ALSO a lot.
3. They sound awful, no matter what quality your song is
4. The cords are so thin and flimsy
5. They don't fit quite right
6. Did I mention they hurt?
7. They're easy to lose
8. When all is quiet, everyone in the room can get a vague idea of what you're listening to.
9. The only thing they're good for is discretion, but even in this area they fail because of reason 8, and because people don't usually have a reason to listen to music out of the house in the first place.
10. THEY REALLY REALLY STINKIN' HURT O___o
11. AND THEY LOVE JUMPIN' OUT OF YOUR EARS.
12. AND ALSO, THEY HURT
13. *Courtesy of Jules* Earwax problem = The things have more wax than a beehive every time they're removed and it's disgusting. >__<

....OK there you go. If anyone would like to add anything, go ahead and post below. I might add them, if they don't flood the list with more Reason #1 (as I've done enough of that already. X3)

Last edited by Stealthy on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17872

Back to top Go down

Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant* Empty Re: Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant*

Post by Jewelsky Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Ohhhh I have another reason
If you're like me and have an earwax problem, you take them out and those things are COVERED in earwax and it's honestly just kinda disgusting
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62469

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant* Empty Re: Why I Hate Earbuds *In association with Midnighteh's Earbud Rant*

Post by Midnightflame Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:28 am

^^ true that does happen to me
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19937

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:20 am

AND THE SOUND IS ALWAYS LOW-QUALITY, I KNOW
BUT IT'S WORSE WITH EARWAX
'CAUSE THEN IT'S LOW-QUALITY AND MUFFLED
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Swirlstar Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:42 am

y'all just need to get noise canceling earbuds (like skullcandy titans or bose)
and then thread them behind your ear and over

me, lying facedown on the floor: yea im ok why u ask ?

Swirlstar
Swirlstar
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 64
Fresh-kill : 20019

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:02 am

They still hurt. XXDD
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 am

I agree completely. But at my school it isn't socially acceptable to bring headphones to class, except if they're those $300+ Beats. >.< lolno
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 42
Fresh-kill : 18966

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:04 pm

At my school, it isn't acceptable to bring any form of music. :3 Except band stuff. But that's just instruments. xD
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 am

I'm going to have to disagree this time. It may be only because I have noiseblocking ones, but I think headphones hurt MUCH more than earbuds. For me, headphones get plugged out too easily, fall of my head ALL the time, are generally uncomfortable (especially when they scrape against my ears. OUCH.) Also, earbuds are more portable and less noticeable. I also don't get problems with earwax with mine most of the time.

The only major downside I can think of is that, when you use earbuds at school, EVERYBODY wants to share your music and borrow one of your earbuds, which they then proceed to disgustingly shove into their germ-filled ears, which makes me get all tense. At least it's impossible to share music with headphones, but overall I enjoy earbuds a lot more. You all have really good points and opinions, though. :)

Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Herbs : 169
Fresh-kill : 42604

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 am

Vinekit wrote:I'm going to have to disagree this time. It may be only because I have noiseblocking ones, but I think headphones hurt MUCH more than earbuds. For me, headphones get plugged out too easily, fall of my head ALL the time, are generally uncomfortable (especially when they scrape against my ears. OUCH.) Also, earbuds are more portable and less noticeable. I also don't get problems with earwax with mine most of the time.

The only major downside I can think of is that, when you use earbuds at school, EVERYBODY wants to share your music and borrow one of your earbuds, which they then proceed to disgustingly shove into their germ-filled ears, which makes me get all tense. At least it's impossible to share music with headphones, but overall I enjoy earbuds a lot more. You all have really good points and opinions, though. :)

That makes sense. Maybe your headphones are just really cheap, but then again, the same could be said of our earbuds. Either way, yeah, I can definitely see how you would find earbuds superior to headphones. :3
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmer da Freakin Queen Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:39 pm

MINE BREAK IN 2 SECONDS
Shimmer da Freakin Queen
Shimmer da Freakin Queen
Warrior

Herbs : 4
Fresh-kill : 20267

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:53 am

why does yours have more posts then mine...
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19937

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 am

Haha, at my school everyone had a pair of earbuds in all the time. I guess since it's a high school? I don't think we were allowed to listen to music in middle school :P
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 42
Fresh-kill : 18966

Back to top Go down

Post by Morningkit Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:12 pm

My old earbuds used to hurt. Now I have some that have a squishy part instead of a hard part that goes in the ear.
Morningkit
Morningkit

Herbs : 15
Fresh-kill : 21382

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:12 am

Abby wrote:why does yours have more posts then mine...
Midnight's jellyyyy
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:07 pm

...This conversation was dead, Jules. :P
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinesage Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Vinekit wrote:...This conversation was dead, Jules. :P
1. She's Katherine, what would you expect?
2. Morning actually revived it a bit earlier

Pinesage
Technician

Herbs : 275
Fresh-kill : 25103

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinefrost Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Oh, I didn't notice that. My apologies, then :)
Vinefrost
Vinefrost
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down