Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

red - a short story by goldy

+2
Jewelsky
Goldy
6 posters

Go down

red - a short story by goldy Empty red - a short story by goldy

Post by Goldy Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey guys! I just wrote this short story from Goldstar's point of view, about my friend Redfeather. I'm currently working on my (longgg) Goldstar story, hopefully I can get the first chapter up soon! This was mostly a writing practice, so my other stories will be a lot better. xD

Red

"We found her near the waterfall." Pebblestream meowed, gently setting the reddish she-kit on the warm stone. Rootstar was out, as he often was, and as his deputy it was my duty to make sure that CloudClan was running smoothly. Pebblestream continued, "She was lying on the rocks against the stream. Silvermoon made sure that she's alright." I scraped my claws against the ground, horrified. "She could have drowned! It's lucky you found her, Pebblestream. She can stay in the nursery."

As Pebblestream picked up the kit and bounded away, I looked down at my paws. When I was a kit, too young to remember, I had been found in the same way. I often thought about what might have happened if I hadn't been found and taken in by CloudClan. I already felt a connection to the small kit. I knew my Clan would do our best to keep her safe.

When I wasn't on patrol, I liked to visit the nursery. It was fun to teach the kits hunting skills and battle moves, but Redkit, though she had come a long way from being the tiny, wet she-cat that I first met, never took much of an interest in learning to hunt or fight. Instead, she preferred to sit alone and watch the small forest animals scurry by. Once, I asked her why she ate nuts and berries rather than meat, and she told me that she couldn't bear to think of forest creatures as prey. I never questioned Redkit about it again.

"Goldshimmer, please come forward." I still remember the surge of excitement that I felt when Rootstar called my name. The newly named Redpaw looked as excited as I was. I was finally a mentor! I'd spent enough time with Redpaw to know how she learned, and I couldn't wait to get started on her apprentice training.

I wouldn't try to make Redpaw hunt; she was far too gentle for that, and forcing her to catch prey seemed cruel. Instead, I focused on her fighting and climbing skills. She learned quickly, and was very protective of her clan, which I knew would make her a great warrior. No one was bothered by her decision not to hunt, as she didn't take any kill for herself. She even knew what kind of fruits to eat so that we had enough to eat in winter!

Moons went by, and I became leader of StormClan. Redpaw had passed her assessment with flying colors, and it was time for her warrior ceremony. "Redpaw," I meowed, pride warming my voice, "do you agree to protect and defend the warrior code?" Redpaw's eyes shone. "I do!" Raising my head, I replied, "By the powers of StarClan, I give your your warrior name. Redpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Redfeather. StormClan honors your creativity and kindness." Redfeather's voice was inaudible over the cheers of our Clanmates, but she looked thrilled to be a warrior at last.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18894

Back to top Go down

red - a short story by goldy Empty Re: red - a short story by goldy

Post by Jewelsky Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:53 pm

*applause*
This is fantastic. :D
Jewelsky
Jewelsky