Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~

4 posters

Go down

Do you usually prefer to save your game while at a specific in-game location/type of area?

If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ I_vote_lcap50%If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ I_vote_lcap50%If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ Empty If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:04 pm

SAVING ROUTINES. We all have them. Or maybe we don't. That's what this poll is for. Eyebrow

My father pondered this, actually, leading to my creation of this poll. He, Misty, and I all have a little routine when we save our games where, unless we have a particular reason not to, we try to be in a certain place. For Misty and I, it's inside of any* Pokémon Center, and for our father, it's standing directly outside the door of any Pokémon Center, facing away from it.

*= Once the story's completed, Misty and I will usually choose a specific city or town in the region to be our "home" and try to save there quite consistently. Sometimes, though, we choose to vary.

So that's the basic idea; I'm asking if you have any similar routines. Please vote, and preferably take a moment to talk about it, because I'm very curious now. xD Yadda yadda thank you for your time.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32832

Back to top Go down

If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ Empty Re: If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~

Post by Jewelsky Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:02 pm

In any game, I just save whenever and wherever I have to leave. I didn't even know people did this.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62423

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~ Empty Re: If you play a main-series Pokémon game, please vote~

Post by Tornadostorm Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am

It's not as much that I have a certain place, though Pokemon Centers are preferred, it's more that I love to make sure my Poke'mon, or items are organized and "ready" before I saved. Though during the story I'll often save right before, and after a difficult battle or a long journey. Either that, or when it's "been a while" though if this "been a while" ends up in a town, I'll still make sure my pokemon are organized, and healthy before saving.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33144

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

During the adventure, or in a game I don't play very often, anywhere works, as long as:
. I can get some idea of where I am and where I want to go by looking at the frame I've saved in
. I AM FACING THE CAMERA

In Pokémon XY and ORAS, which I visit often, I nearly always save
. Inside a Pokémon center
. In the middle of the floor pattern
. In a town with something important like the name rater, the daycare, the IV judge, etc
. NOT in Lumiose City (even though it's perfectly safe to save there now I still must be sure)
. FACING THE CAMERA
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17827

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down