Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play?

+3
Shadowdragon
Jewelsky
Swallowfeather
7 posters

Go down

What's your storyline play style?

Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play? I_vote_lcap44%Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play? I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play? I_vote_lcap56%Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play? I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play?

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 pm

I've been wondering this for a little while now; what's the most popular way to play through the story of Pokémon games among ETF's Pokémon-playing community?

On one hand, we have the people who plan their entire team before starting the game, then set out to assemble that exact team over the course of the story. Though they catch "placeholder" Pokémon early on, once they catch the Pokémon they planned on, these Pokémon retire to the PC, never to be taken out again for the rest of the story. They have a specific "mission" of sorts, and they're sticking to it.

On the other hand, some people prefer to simply drift along the game as they please. Whichever Pokémon come their way, they catch, and there's no telling what their party will consist of by the time they clear the story. There's even a chance that they'll actively train more Pokémon than their party can contain at once.

So which style do YOU have?
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32837

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: Pokémon Trainers of ETF, how do YOU play?

Post by Jewelsky Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:10 pm

All I really ever determine beforehand is my starter and maybe what 'mon I think would be cool. xD Other than that, I just kind of do what I like. o3o
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62428

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowdragon Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm a bit of both.
If I've played the game before or if it is a remake or third version like Crystal/Emerald/Platinum I plan out my team and only change it depending on the additional choices I have, if any. Or if I do something like I recently did with Y, I planned on catching every Fire type available and chose Fennekin and Charmander to beat the game solely with Fire types.

If it's brand new, like I did with R/B/Y-X/Y when they came out, I just caught whoever I saw as I played through the games and changed my team based on which Pokemon I liked and their types. In HG/SS when they were released, I already knew who I was going for. I repeated my Silver and Gold teams for nostalgia. That's also what I plan on doing for Alpha Sapphire, repeating the team I had on Sapphire. On Omega Ruby I plan on having Swampert and Gallade no matter what, the rest of my team depends on who is available throughout the game pre-E4; Either wild, gifts, NPC trades, Gamecorner(If they bring it back, and have Pokemon prizes this time).
Shadowdragon
Shadowdragon
Warrior

Herbs : 54
Fresh-kill : 21321

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:57 pm

I have fun planning my team beforehand (almost to the last pixel), because then I start coming up with personalities, backstories, and insanely intricate headcanon for them. I find that I don't look forward to a Pokemon game hardly at all until my team has been planned for it. It's a source of hype juice before getting the game, and helps me survive the wait to play it. Anticipation, for me, is half the fun. XXDD

Although, Nuzlockes are a fun departure from my planning because I have to play with whatever the game deals me, and fun personalities and backstories will slowly bubble up as I go. Same goes for my Explorer teams, scrounged up from the region to have HMs and help me with the aftergame when all the other Pokemon have been transferred away. So, basically, I love both styles of play all the way to cheetoland, but I lean more toward my pre-planned teams.

I oughta give the regular no-team-planned playthrough a try sometime.

Cheers! *chugs down a bottle of pink sparkly hype juice*
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17832

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:14 am

Sometimes I plan stuff in advance for headcanon, but I'm never really sure what 'mon I'll wind up with in the end. xD I make stuff up as I go along. owo
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62428

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Northkit Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh, I'm all about planning ahead. If it's a remake of a game, such as Emerald/FireRed were back in the day and currently ORAS, then I love to assemble my team beforehand as I see fit. I'm not one to change my mind about a slot in my team, either.

On the other hand, if it's the first time I've ever played a game of a generation (like Ruby), then I sorta go through the whole game catching the ones I like and essentially saying "WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOSE" at ones I don't. xD
Northkit
Northkit
Kit

Herbs : 104
Fresh-kill : 18998

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:15 pm

To go along with what Northeh said, if there's a gen 7, I'm just gonna catch every new Pokemon I see xD
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28076

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

I normally just see which pokémon I encounter, and decide from there. But sometimes, I'll have one or 2 pokémon that I strive to get, sometimes not even to put on my team I only wanted to get slyveon 'cause she looked pretty, woops
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Herbs : 61
Fresh-kill : 19467

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseblossom Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:41 pm

'Sokay, Moon. I only have Roseh the Delcatty on my ORAS team because Delcatty are cute xD And in Y, I was actually the same with MY Sylveon. I feel like in every Pokemon game I play from now on, there will be a Pokemon I have on my team just because it's cute.
Roseblossom
Roseblossom
Roleplay Queen
Roleplay Queen

Herbs : 386
Fresh-kill : 28076

https://entertheforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Northkit Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:03 pm

❁Awesomeblossom❁ wrote:'Sokay, Moon. I only have Roseh the Delcatty on my ORAS team because Delcatty are cute xD And in Y, I was actually the same with MY Sylveon. I feel like in every Pokemon game I play from now on, there will be a Pokemon I have on my team just because it's cute.
*~Moonflame~* wrote:I normally just see which pokémon I encounter, and decide from there. But sometimes, I'll have one or 2 pokémon that I strive to get, sometimes not even to put on my team I only wanted to get slyveon 'cause she looked pretty, woops

I'm a sucker for cute ones too
Sylveon and Cincinno in particular
Skitty is also a favorite
Northkit
Northkit
Kit

Herbs : 104
Fresh-kill : 18998

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down