Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More New Rule Suggestions

4 posters

Go down

More New Rule Suggestions Empty More New Rule Suggestions

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Lately, I've been thinking of more ways I can contribute to the site. Seeing as I tend to gravitate towards maintaining order here, I figured that I'd come up with some additional site rules. I do hope that these will prove useful.

• Think before speaking-
    I'm sure this is an obvious guideline followed by most people, and ETF's members are no exception. However I feel that having this up as a formal rule would be nothing but beneficial to the site.

• Do not put words in another member's mouth-
    This is a common intro to fights; member A is making a peaceful point, then member B gets defensive, jumps to conclusions, and claims that member A said something (s)he, in fact, never actually said (and most likely didn't even mean in the first place). Situations such as this can escalate quickly, leading to actual fights and tremendous disturbance; ergo, I believe a formal, enforceable rule is in order.

• Do not make a regular habit of taking unnecessary offense-
    Again, another common cause of unease in conversations between people; person A says something with absolutely no malicious intent, and yet, person B appears to take it as an insult or attack of some sort. This rarely leads to an actual fight, but nonetheless, often causes those present to feel rather uncomfortable. This is bound to occur every once in a while, and that is understandable; humans are emotional creatures, and misunderstandings do happen. However, if a member were to display such excessively-sensitive behavior on a regular basis, it could negatively affect the site's general atmosphere. Ergo, if a member is found to regularly display such behavior, I believe a minor penalty could be in order.

Thank you for reading. If, perhaps, anyone has any questions regarding any of these suggested rules, they may post them below.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32757

Back to top Go down

More New Rule Suggestions Empty Re: More New Rule Suggestions

Post by Jewelsky Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:43 am

These are great rule suggestions. o3o I think most people, including myself, have broken them before, but if these were made rules and more strongly enforced, then maybe we wouldn't break them.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62348

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightflame Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:46 am

Those are great
Midnightflame
Midnightflame
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 72
Fresh-kill : 19817

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatrix Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:35 pm

I think they're great, but how would you decide if they were being broken?
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Warrior

Herbs : 29
Fresh-kill : 17506

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:17 am

Deertail wrote:I think they're great, but how would you decide if they were being broken?
That one's actually pretty straightforward; if things start looking a bit tense, chances are, they've been broken. If things still feel fun, then chances are, they haven't been broken unless someone's hiding their own hurt feelings. In that case, the hurt party is strongly advised to PM an admin/moderator (preferably one who's online at the time, if possible) explaining their situation.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32757

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down