Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 40 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Stealthy Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 am

Torsolus' eyes shone. He looked at her, almost near tears.

Dang it. Already? She's just a kid, and she's already this resolved? This brave?? I don't know whether to be proud or.....

"That's right," he choked. "That's exactly right. All you need to do is tell me and the others. And believe me--you'll be doing a great thing." He smiled with friendly love and stood up.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17762

Back to top Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 40 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Mistystar Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:56 am

"Oh... Really...?" Mandy appeared to perk up a little with a look of interest at Mintpaw's explanation, slowly glancing in the direction that she had motioned towards. "I had no idea you guys had so much on your plate... I hope I'm able to help out somehow," she continued, turning to thoughtfully look ahead for a moment. Then, in response to Mintpaw's next words, she directed another smile at the young cat. "Awwh... Thanks."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28107

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:03 am

Mintpaw smiled up at Mandy, unable to see her smile, but she could hear the honesty in her tone "ye-yeah.. I-I hope you don't mind.. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... Said anything." She kept looking up at Mandy as if she could see her. "I-I'm sure you'll be great though! I-if even I'm useful. I bet you'd be useful too!" She twitched her whiskers, sitting up, a rather adorable look of determination on the timid blind medicine-cat "How about if we cover each other out there?" She asked, unsure of what Mandy would think of the idea, but partly grateful she wouldn't have to see her expression "I-if it comes to a fight, I mean."
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33079

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Cookie wasn't exactly sure how to respond to Torsolus, and her face gradually came to show a vaguely uncertain expression. She couldn't help feeling as if her strength was being underestimated. Then again, what if she was the one over-estimating her own strength? What if she really was unable to directly help anything? At this point, after everything that they had been through--everything that she had gone through--she honestly didn't know what to think. This feeling of true uncertainty--this nagging self-doubt that clutched her heart and attempted to drag it into the abyss--was not something that she was at all used to, and she was finding it incredibly uncomfortable.

Meanwhile, Robin's expression appeared somewhat troubled as he looked over the party's food supplies, as if he noticed something was amiss. "... That can't be right..." he murmured as he went over and took count of everything once more, and then again. Strangely, he had discovered that some of their food was unaccounted for; food that he could have sworn had just been there yesterday, but hadn't been used in the preparation of last night's meal.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32767

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 pm

Flint heard Robin's mumbling and glanced up from his bored picking at the grass. "What's wrong, Robin?" He said at last, his eyes scouring the food supply Robin was searching.

Mintpaw remained unaware anything was wrong, still happily caught up in her conversation with Mandy.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:20 am

"It seems that some of our food is... well, missing," Robin responded to Flint, turning his head to look in his ally's direction. "It was just here last night..." A thought coming to his mind, he paced around a little, examining the ground. "... It looks like the only footprints here are our own, though... I don't see any suspicious tracks leading away from camp, nor any other sign of a possible intruder having been here. Hm..." He returned his attention to Flint. "You... don't suppose that one of our own allies would have crept over here and grabbed something extra for themself while we weren't looking, do you...?" he questioned lowly, with an uncomfortable expression. "I hate to suggest such a thing, but... given the evidence, I can't see any other possibility..."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:31 am

Flint pinned his ears. His body stiffening “why would they....” he mouthed. His gaze then slowly turned to glance at the newcomer. ‘None If them would have done it. But of them... the most likely is her.’ He averted his gaze after a moment, standing. “What are you going to do, Robin?” He asked in a deep tone.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:44 am

Robin gazed in Mandy's direction, looking deeply thoughtful. "... Well, she is new here. If she did take something, maybe she just doesn't realize how important it is that we only use what we absolutely need out here." His expression softened somewhat. "A gentle reminder should be enough."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:58 am

A determined expression subtly began to creep its way onto Mandy's own face as she watched Mintpaw and listened to the young cat's words. "... Alright," she responded following a short pause, giving her head a long, single nod. "Sounds like a plan, Mint. ... I-... I hope I really can help you guys... I'm gonna try to be more than just a burden out here," she continued, making an effort to speak in a slightly clearer, more confident tone as she straightened her posture.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:10 am

Flint nodded. “Right.” He swished his wings decisively. Scanning the leftover food and realizing just how deminished the portions were. He then sighed “Tell me how it goes. He went and sat down again. This time closer to Cookie and Torsolus. In earshot of them now.

Mintpaw’s ears twitched, and a large smile spread on her cattish face as she listened ‘Mint..’ she thought to herself ‘that’s a new one. No ones ever called me just ‘Mint’ before’ she then chuckled “well if your willing to try, then so am I.” She flexed her claws determinedly, then climbed into Mandy’s lap. “We can do this. Together.”

(I assume Mandy is sitting down but I may be remembering wrong.)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:25 am

Robin subtly nodded his head, then calmly made his way towards Mandy. "Hello there," he politely greeted her and Mintpaw first and foremost before addressing Mandy specifically. "Excuse me, Mandy...? I need to ask you about something," he told her. His expression was slightly serious, but also understanding. Even if his hunch turned out to be correct, he wasn't going to scold her.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:42 pm

When Mintpaw made her way into Mandy's lap, a giggle subtly rose from her throat, and she reached a hand down to lightly rub under the small medicine cat's chin. She was about to respond to her again, however the sound of Robin's greeting then caught her attention, causing her to quickly glance up at him. As he went on to say that he needed to ask her about something, a somewhat worried feeling came over her. "Uhuh...?" she uttered with a bit of uncertainty, but still seemed relatively calm. From what she could tell, he didn't appear angered in any way. "What-... What is it?" She questioned carefully, steadily focusing her gaze on the tactician.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:59 am

Mintpaw remained silent, still laying on Mandy’s lap, and looking off into the distance, but by the way her ears twitched, she was listening. She could feel the tension, but she couldn’t pinpoint why they were tense. What had happed? Why was Robin’s tone serious? And this seemed to unnerve Mandy too. The little she-cat didn’t have much of a choice but to just quietly listen to Robin’s question, if she was allowed to stay.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:17 am

"Well, I was just going over our supplies, and I couldn't help noticing... some of our food is unaccounted for," Robin explained, briefly motioning to where the group's supplies were being kept in camp. "... You wouldn't happen to... know anything about the situation, would you...?" he questioned softly. He took care with his tone and wording, as he didn't want Mandy to think that he was singling her out and placing the blame on her.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 am

Mandy vaguely tensed up for a moment at Robin's question, her eyes shifting to the ground while she paused. "Um..." A hint of embarrassment now visible on her face, she once again looked up at him. "... I may have, well..." she trailed off to give her explanation a little more thought. "... Last night when I was trying to fall asleep, I just... I couldn't. I was still pretty hungry, I guess, so I-... I went and made myself a cheese sandwich." Just as she finished explaining this, Mandy's guilty expression became more apparent. "I tried to use as little food as possible, I swear...! I know how scarce it must be out here... I'm sorry..."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Mintpaw looked up at her, then rested her head on her paws, which were still resting on Mandy's lap. She closed her scarred eyes. Listening to Robin's response before she responded herself
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 am

After hearing Mandy's explanation, Robin's mind wasn't exactly put at ease. In truth, something was still troubling him about the situation, though he decided not to let it show at the moment. "I understand. Last night's supper was hardly even edible," he responded, giving a soft chuckle as he attempted to lighten the mood a little. "Anyway, since we do have to conserve supplies out here, that means no unnecessary snacking. If you're feeling desperately hungry and weak, of course, you can get yourself a little something, but other than that, just try to be strong, alright?" he reminded gently. "Also, if you do need to take something, please let us know. Otherwise, we may suspect that our supplies are being targeted by thieves."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:35 am

Most of Mandy's unease faded away once more when Robin's response turned out to be one of understanding, with him simply giving her a gentle reminder. "Alright..." she replied in a mostly-steady voice, giving a single nod. In truth, she was quite worried that, not being at all used to a situation like this, keeping her appetite at bay would prove particularly difficult for her. She was honestly determined to not let it get out-of-hand, however, and hopefully that determination would be enough; she was already feeling plenty guilty over sneaking into the group's food storage once, and on her first night with them at that. "OK... Will do," she then responded to Robin's second request. "... And, uhm... Sorry for sneaking around like that, too," she quickly added a second apology.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 am

Mintpaw purred "It's ok. You just ate the food that would have been for me, is all. I-I don't eat the same food as the others." She smiled weakly.

Flint flicked his ear. He was watching the conversation but couldn't make out what was being said. His curiosity was peaked though.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Whitefeather wrote:Cookie wasn't exactly sure how to respond to Torsolus, and her face gradually came to show a vaguely uncertain expression. She couldn't help feeling as if her strength was being underestimated. Then again, what if she was the one over-estimating her own strength? What if she really was unable to directly help anything? At this point, after everything that they had been through--everything that she had gone through--she honestly didn't know what to think. This feeling of true uncertainty--this nagging self-doubt that clutched her heart and attempted to drag it into the abyss--was not something that she was at all used to, and she was finding it incredibly uncomfortable.

Torsolus caught Cookie’s glance and returned her look of uncertainty. He supposed, for a moment, that they were more similar than he had assumed. She reminded him of himself when he first left home.

He hadn’t changed much since that day.

He stood awkwardly, shuffled around, and upon catching an uncomfortable yet necessary conversation about missing food, quickly sat back down next to her.

“What’s up? What’s wrong? D’you wanna talk about it?”
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 am

"Right, I guess that is one way to look at it," Robin commented on Mintpaw's statement with a gentle smile and a hint of a chuckle behind his words. "In any case, Mandy, your misstep is easily forgiven. You're new here... And, um, again... last night's meal left a LOT to be desired..." he remarked once more, gaining a rather sheepish expression. "I'll try not to let that happen again... just as I trust you to do the same," he finished, regaining the calm and understanding expression he wore just before, but with a subtly more serious air this time. Then, after giving a single dip of his head in parting, he turned and strolled back towards Flint. As he made his way there, however, his face gradually became much more serious, even worried; something was clearly wrong.

"Um..." For a moment, Cookie was silent. "... N-no, it's fine, thanks," she responded to Torsolus, giving her head a quick shake. She didn't really want to weigh the mood down even more by discussing her troubles; she would much rather forget about them and move onto happier conversation. "So, uh, I wonder if we'll meet any more new friends today?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Mintpaw purred. “Y-yeah, of course.” She almost started flexing her claws, but caught herself before they scratched Mandy.

Flint stared up at Robin as he walked over “what, it wasn’t her?” He asked, still picking at the grass as he spoke. “That’s strange. Everyone else here is smarter than that.” He looked down at his hand scowling.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Whitefeather wrote:
"Um..." For a moment, Cookie was silent. "... N-no, it's fine, thanks," she responded to Torsolus, giving her head a quick shake. She didn't really want to weigh the mood down even more by discussing her troubles; she would much rather forget about them and move onto happier conversation. "So, uh, I wonder if we'll meet any more new friends today?"

Torsolus’ face changed quickly. Cheeriness spilled out of him like a jostled teacup.
“Well, I hope we do! But I guess we’ll have to wait and see~!”

Link picked up on the missing food conversation and, just to be sure, checked his own belongings for any planted rations.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40