Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details

+2
Jewelsky
Mistystar
6 posters

Go down

A new format for the Warriors Club?

Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details I_vote_lcap29%Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details I_vote_lcap71%Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]
Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details I_vote_lcap0%Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details Empty Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details

Post by Mistystar Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 pm

As some may have noticed, WI has been down all day today, and still has yet to come back up. During this time, Tornadostorm and I have been discussing the future of the Warriors Club, and how, even if WI does come back up, the club likely won't be able to keep itself going there forever, whether due to inactivity or the event of WI closing for real.

During our discussions, we considered two possible alternatives to the WI thread, which I'll detail here:

1 - Chicken Smoothie has a fairly large and active Warriors fanclub of their own, which our club could potentially merge with. This solution would likely take a lot of work, as we'd have a lot of things to consider by merging with another already-developed club, but Tornado and I had a chance to speak with this club's owner earlier today, who gave their approval of the idea. If it worked out, this would probably bring increased activity to the club(s), and to ETF.

2 - Moving our club entirely to ETF. We could create a Warriors subforum, as we've considered doing in the past, so that we'd still have a large place for discussion of the series, and possibly a special forum dedicated to holding ceremonies. As for gaining new members, we could potentially become a "sister club" of sorts to the club on Chicken Smoothie, and members from there could join our site if they wish. Things would probably be pretty much as they are now, but ETF might see more of an increase in activity between being the club's official home and possibly gaining some new members.

Additionally, if anyone has a different idea, feel free to bring it up here on this thread. All input is greatly appreciated; thank you. <3

EDIT: We've reached the decision to move our club to ETF. Thanks for your votes, everyone!

Last edited by Mistystar on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28177

Back to top Go down

Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details Empty Re: Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details

Post by Jewelsky Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 pm

After some consideration, I would rather the club stay here on ETF, though I wouldn't mind particularly either way. As long as this site becomes more active, I'm cool with it.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62428

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details Empty Re: Important Question Regarding the WC - Voting Complete! See Inside for Results/Details

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 pm

While I understand that staying here might make sense, and we might get a few new members here and there, I'm trying to think in the long term; honestly, I get the feeling ETF can't stand on it's own two legs. Like it needs a firmer foundation. Probably quickly, new kits from CS will dry up, without the easy access, and then we'll be in the exact same boat then as we are now. 

Also I never expected every warrior to want to move to CS, and I totally respect their decision. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Stealth didn't want to make the change. 

But a large part of the problem of our clubs inactivity (cause by WI's dying) is the lack of new kits to replace the older warriors, who have become inactive. There have always been inactive warriors, ones who used to be active yet aren't anymore, and so on. But only recently have there been no young spirits to replace them. I'm worried if we stay on ETF, that won't change. At least not much. 

So while I get people who want to stay, it's easy and comfortable, and I respect that, I feel it might be better in the long term to move to CS. We might also make some great new friends.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33149

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Looking at the options and details, I'd actually be happy with either alternative. If one failed, I'd happily embrace the other as a backup.

I voted ETF, simply because I feel that part of the club's inactivity is due to inability to talk about non-Warriors topics, and remain close friends over other subjects as interest in Warriors shrinks, or topics regarding Warriors deplete. On ETF that friendship has been allowed to grow in free speech.

I don't know how to solve the new members problem, though, regarding WI members who haven't joined ETF, or even interested CS members. Maybe a username-check, and a notification-check for CS? CS says they want to join, brief gate open, user match? Just an idea. Idk how to fully cook it or put it into action.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17832

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:55 am

Stealth—you articulated what I was thinking perfectly. I lacked enough time and energy at that moment to write a full response, but I think that's exactly why I voted to stay.

Of course, I still understand why you want to move to CS, and again, I am not opposed to it by any means. I would just prefer we stay here, as I (and many other members) have lost interest in Warriors altogether but are still fully capable of discussing other topics. ETF would encourage that freedom a lot more than CS, I think.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 am

Yep! We're not getting rid of ETF though, just to confirm. If we merge with CS we will spread ETF to them so they can enjoy it too :3

And also just to confirm we probably wouldn't loose our clans/ranks either, because their owner agrees to it, and we just need the approval of their club members (which I'm sure we'll ask for at a later date) and I would be surprised if they didn't like the idea of ranks.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm

*sees that the vote is tied rite nao

*HNNNNGH!!* O_O'

Spoiler:

Last edited by Stealthy on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 pm

I feel like that whole spoilered thing is a parody of something I don't get. xD

But it appears WI is back up, at least for now. Still, that definitely doesn't eliminate moving as an option. WI isn't a great site to begin with, and it could do this again at any given time with no warning.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Mistystar wrote: Even if WI does come back up, the club likely won't be able to keep itself going there forever, whether due to inactivity or the event of WI closing for real.

Yeah, we're still gonna move xD Man though, a whole new start! I'm kind of excited, honestly

And what Stealth was parodying is Hamilton xDDDD *loves the music from that musical* <3
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm

WI's back??

QUICK GET A BEACON READY OR A TEMPORARY CHATZY OR SOMETHING GET THEM OUT WHILE WE CAN STILL CONTACT THEM GET AN UP TO DATE LIST OF NAMES TO CHECK AGAINST CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE AND THE MOUNTIES AND THE PIZZA GUY
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:24 pm

That's what I thought. It would make sense even if WI's servers weren't down.

I thought it sounded like Hamilton, but I'm just making sure xD

I wonder how we'll remain in contact with members who once quit the WC and return later on. It does happen sometimes, and if someone comes back only to see that we've abandoned the WI site, they might be disheartened or even worried. Not the worst-case-scenario, of course, but I wish informing them could somehow be possible. Does anyone have any ideas for how to combat this (if I even worded it in a comprehensible way)?
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:06 pm

If that's the case, I could make a post on the club saying where we went, once that's decided :3
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstar Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi you guys <3

I'm pleased to see you all taking initiative and finding solutions to the club's inactivity problem. I was worried that with the eventual death of WI that the club would die as well...it doesn't seem as though that will be an issue ^.^ It's too good of a club to lose with too many wonderful people. Bravo  Clapping

As for redirecting old members once the site is dead: I'm not sure if it would work, but you could perhaps make a forum or blog called "Webkinz Insider Warriors Club", that way even if the site is down that, in the very least, your website might show up as a first result. You could post directory information on the front page, and if you really wanted to get fancy you could even perhaps make the website a dedication to old posts/memories from the WI site. A memorial so to speak.

I also think the Chicken Smoothie idea is a great one, but just make sure that the club doesn't lose itself in the process. It's a tough call, but I know you all will make the right choice.

But yeah, just wanted to drop in and say hello. Best of luck, and may the family live on for generations to come Silverstar
Silverstar
Silverstar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 60
Fresh-kill : 20366

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you, Silvy :D It means allot <3 we'll do our best to keep this club alive.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue May 02, 2017 2:02 pm

OK; I think we've reached a good number of votes, and can now bring the poll to a close. Thanks to everyone for their input. <3

The winning option is move the club entirely to ETF!
I've done some thinking on how to go about this move, and ultimately decided that when we make ETF's first official WC thread, it should get its own personal subforum in the "join the club" section of the site. Any future WC threads after this one could be made there, as well.

Lastly, I feel I should ask just one more, small question before we go ahead with things: is everyone ready for the move now? Cool

Last edited by Mistystar on Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue May 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Personally, I don't see much of a point in waiting. As I said above, a post could be made on the WI thread directing returning MIA members here, and PMs could be sent to semi active members about it as well. But if someone else has a reason for us to wait, I'm all ears
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Tue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm

I think we could go ahead now, but like Twister said, if someone objects, that's okay.
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ✦*Cometstar*✦ Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm

It's great to see that we've come to a decision! I'm happy with it, in hope that we'll have better Warriors discussions and manage to send any potential new and returning members over here :)

Mm I haven't totally finished up LightningClan's post yet and I'm not sure what Glimmers was going to do for hers, but if you're fine with us just keeping those posts reserved for a little bit then we can go ahead and make the thread and get started, sure. xD I do feel bad that you've been kept waiting this long as it is
✦*Cometstar*✦
✦*Cometstar*✦
Clan Leader

Herbs : 176
Fresh-kill : 17721

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Thu May 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Since it doesn't look like there are any objections to moving right away, and I've officially announced our plans on WI, the new club should be here any time, now~
We're just getting some final touches out of the way, then I'll create the subforum and the shiny new thread to go with it. :D
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down