Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC)

3 posters

Go down

Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC) Empty Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC)

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:31 am

I am making a couple of new OCs. This is how I decided to go about it. Please feel free to critique the species, or their world (OR BOTH :O) None of this is set in stone if I like an idea, or feel a suggested change is necessary. I want this species to be well rounded, well cultured, and thought out.

I especially don't have much experience in culture differences, so if I falter in that department, especially later on, please feel free to point out where I can improve, thank you!

~WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF JABAL ALNAAR!! I hope you enjoy your stay :3~

Chapter 1; The Moments Before:

Chapter 2; Jabal Alnaar:

Chapter 3; The Test:

Chapter 4; Introducing the Halens:

Chapter 5; New Life:

Last edited by Tornadostorm on Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 12 times in total
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33119

Back to top Go down

Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC) Empty Re: Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC)

Post by Meadowpaw Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Oooh, sounds good Twist!! I can't wait to read more! So what kind of species are they exactly?
Meadowpaw
Meadowpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 8
Fresh-kill : 14024

Back to top Go down

Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC) Empty Re: Life Partner (The beginnings of a new OC)

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm

They're a species called Tals. (And once they've become 'partners' with a Halen, (like Ken) they're called Tal-Halens) More of the details you'll learn as I go, I have many more plans for their culture.

(IDK if this was clear from the chapter, although I think it was, but young Tals are all called Jami (as names aren't important) until they become partners with a Halen, when they get their name changed to Jami-*instert Halen name here* such as Jami-Ken)

They are also fluent in Halen, just as Halen are fluent in Tal. And their languages are very similar. It's just grammar structure that is different between the two.

Tal-Halens have a symbiotic relationship with their 'partner' as at a certain age Tals stop producing a certain vitamin they need, which is one Halens make excess of, and generally get rid of through their skin. And the ash particles in the air of the planet Jabal Alnaar becomes toxic to Halens once they mature, so Tals provide them the oxygen they need.

Picture of Jami:
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Chapter 2 is up :DD

Get ready to basically be smacked in the face with world building xDDD The main purpose of their world, and their beliefs, motivations and all, however, is to be explored with time xD
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadowpaw Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Ah that's so interesting! You're a good writer :D
Meadowpaw
Meadowpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 8
Fresh-kill : 14024

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Chapter 3 is up :D

I might draw a picture of a Halen at some point XDD But maaaann I am SO excited to introduce Jami's partner :DDDD EEPPPP I already love the character XDDD And they're the one with the mildy intense backstory xD
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistpaw Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:06 pm

I really enjoy this so far I will definitely be waiting for more story
Mistpaw
Mistpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice

Herbs : 5
Fresh-kill : 14043

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:57 am

Chapter 4 is uhhhppp.

Picture of Halens :)

Spoiler:

CHAPTER 4 SPOILERS:
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat May 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Chapter 5 is up :DDD

Yeaah yeah, small chapter, I know :P

It's just the next chapter is probably going to be the final one, and I wanted to give you guys a little something more before I ended the book. Oh wells, I hope you enjoy the bit of relationship and slight world building I did anyway :D
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down