Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Dollar Store Experience

3 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Great Dollar Store Experience Empty The Great Dollar Store Experience

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Like The Great Mall Adventure(TM), but BUDGET.

Form-
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Origin:[/b] (if OC say OC)
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32827

Back to top Go down

The Great Dollar Store Experience Empty Re: The Great Dollar Store Experience

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:45 pm

The budget character list *may contain typos*

Males:
Flint (OC) (Tornadostorm)

Females:
Marie (Splatoon) (Whitefeather)
Callie (splatoon) (Mistystar)
Pearl (Splatoon 2) (Whitefeather)
Marina (Splatoon 2) (Mistystar)

Other:

Last edited by Whitefeather on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Name: Marie
Origin: Splatoon
Species: Inkling
Appearance: https://cdn.wikimg.net/splatoonwiki/images/5/5e/Marie1.png
Personality: Quiet, laid-back, and a little lazy. Can be somewhat sarcastic or negative, but has a usually-pleasant disposition, perhaps even somewhat sweet. She also tends to be somewhat shy, but will gradually open up to those who befriend her.
Other: You know. B-)

Last edited by Whitefeather on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Name: Callie
Origin: Splatoon
Species: Inkling
Appearance: https://cdn.wikimg.net/splatoonwiki/images/6/6f/Callie1.png
Personality: Optimistic, caring, and full of energy. Enjoys many kinds of foods. She can be somewhat scatterbrained at times, and even a bit klutzy. Despite enjoying many exciting activities, she is actually afraid of heights.
Other: Woooot B-D
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28167

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:35 am

After a nice little nap, Marie awoke to find herself in a cheap, plastic lawn chair, with glaring fluorescent lights overhead. "H-huh...??" With a yawn, she groggily looked around at her surroundings. She seemed to be at the back of some sort of store, and a small labyrinth of badly-planned isles stood before her.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:49 am

All of a sudden, Callie found herself seated in another plastic lawn chair. "Wait, what? Where are we?" She quickly looked to her sides and saw what appeared to be the layout of a store. Just a moment before, she had been sitting in the studio, but in what seemed to be the blink of an eye, she was now here instead. Did I just, like... suddenly fall asleep? she thought with a puzzled expression, wondering if this was some kind of dream.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:07 am

"Callie?" Marie looked over to see her dear cousin sitting in a chair beside her, and breathed a gentle sigh of relief. "Thank goodness... Anyway, I dunno," she responded to her question, once again glancing around. "Guess it's some kinda store? ... This is so weird..."
As she was slouching horribly--practically lying down--Marie tried to sit up straighter and get a better look around. However, as she shifted, one of the chair's legs suddenly broke, followed by the one in the opposite corner. Of course, this sent her falling to the floor with it. "OOF! Wha-... Are you squidding me?!" she whined, looking very confused and embarrassed. After all, she wasn't exactly large.

Last edited by Whitefeather on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:44 am

"Eek!!" Callie yelped when she saw Marie's chair suddenly give way. "Yikes, are you OK?" she asked concernedly, reaching out a hand to help her cousin up. However, in the process, she had shifted her weight apparently just a little too much for her own chair to handle, causing one of its front legs to break. "Ohsnap," she just barely had time to utter before it came crashing down, sending her to the ground as well. "WHAA! ... No way... What's up with these chairs?"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Marie gasped when Callie fell, her usually-droopy eyes flying wide open. "Are YOU OK??" she quickly asked her fallen cousin, getting to her feet and holding out a hand to help her up. "I dunno what that was all about... Guess they must be REALLY cheap," she huffed softly, shooting an unamused look at the two broken chairs on the floor. However, an uncertain look appeared on her face, and she began to look quite self-conscious. "... Um... You don't think we... Uh... ... H-have we been... kinda... having more pizza nights lately than usual...?" she asked very nervously.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Callie took Marie's hand and got to her feet, glancing at her cousin with a grateful smile. "Ah... Thanks," she said with a slight sigh, looking rather flustered over what had just happened. "And yeah, I don't think I've EVER seen chairs that... bad," she agreed, staring over at the broken chairs with a bit of a pout. She quickly turned her attention back to Marie, however, when she spoke again, suddenly seeming self-conscious. "Huh? Nah, I don't think so... Why? ... OH," she paused for a moment, her eyes widening as though she had come to a realization. "I-I don't... THINK so!" she repeated herself, her tone sounding more alarmed and uncertain this time.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:09 pm

"Nghhh!" Marie looked somewhat horrified, and a blush exploded onto her face like a rosy pink Burst Bomb. "W-what do you think? I-I don't look like...?? Do I...??" she asked Callie in a slight panic, stammering and unable to get her words completely out due to the sheer awkwardness.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:01 pm

"Um, um, um," Callie stammered nervously as she looked Marie up and down. "... N-nope, I think you're OK...!" she eventually responded, sounding quite relieved to have noticed nothing different from usual about her cousin. Her own panicked expression quickly returned, however. "... H-how about me, though?? I mean, I-I'd probably be waaaay more likely to... Y'know...!" she awkwardly pointed out, her cheeks a very bright shade of pink by now.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Marie once again sighed with relief, hearing Callie's response. Then, it came to be her turn to respond. "Hm... Yeah, you've got a point, but... with your energy? Probably balances it out," she laughed, but in an extremely nervous way. She then proceeded to take a good look at Callie, just to be sure there was no difference. "Uh, lessee here... ... ... Yup. Looks the same as always... I think," she told her, but still sounded a bit uncertain. "B-but what if we just... can't tell? We see each other every day, so..."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Callie was relieved to hear Marie's response, as well. "OK, good... Phew..." However, her cousin's next suggestion erased the mostly-reassured look from her face. "Oh my gosh... What if we CAN'T?" she echoed, her tone quickly returning to its frantic state. "What if someone just... breaks the news to us one day?!"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:11 pm

"Ha... haha... ha! Yeah," Marie laughed, obviously panicking by now. "I tooooooootally want some reporter to suddenly start questioning us about our diet! That would be fun! Haha! Hahah..." All of a sudden, she looked a bit woozy, like she might faint, but instead became a squid, covering her eyes with her tentacles. "That's it. I'm now officially in hiding. You can join me or not; it's your choice. But I'm hiding," she stated sheepishly.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:48 pm

"Nooo, we don't have to hide! W-we're fine!" Callie frantically tried to reassure Marie despite her own feeling of uncertainty, crouching down to be closer to her level. "R-really. We're probably just all worked up over nothing...!"
All of a sudden, her eyes sort of narrowed, and she turned her attention back to the two broken chairs on the floor. "... It's all because of those chairs. THEY started this!" she huffed.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Marie slowly moved one of her tentacles away, uncovering and opening a big, sad eye to look up at Callie with. "Y'think...?" she asked, going on to then transform back into her humanoid form, still sitting on the floor. She stared for a moment at the two broken chairs. "... Yeah. You're probably right," she finally agreed with a soft chuckle, grinning awkwardly and scratching the back of her head. "They're just cheap, flimsy chairs made of cheap, flimsy plastic. That's all," she commented after rising to her feet, shooting a subtly unamused glance at the chairs.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 pm

"Yep. Like, SUPER cheap," Callie responded in agreement, her expression suddenly changing to one of befuddlement. "... It kinda makes me wonder even more about what this place IS, though," she added, sounding just as puzzled as she looked. "I hope everything here isn't that cheap...!"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:43 pm

"Yeeeaaahhh... Well, it's not like we've gotta stay trapped in here," Marie pointed out. "C'mon; let's get outta here." Strolling calmly towards one of the isles, she motioned for Callie to follow.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:53 pm

"Right! Good point," Callie giggled a bit, scampering after Marie. Along the way, she couldn't help glancing at the various items on the shelves as they passed them. "Hmm..." she murmured. "Wonder if we can pick up anything neat while we're here..."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Marie, too, glanced at the items for sale lining the isles. "Doubt it. Everything just looks so... badly-made. Who knew that stores dedicated to selling brand-new junk existed?" she remarked, looking completely unimpressed. "Let's just pay for those chairs and leave... Er..." Suddenly, her pace slowed, then she stopped, her expression thoughtful. "... How much were they? Do you remember?"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:55 pm

"Uhhhmmmm..." Callie paused as she tried to recall the price of the now-destroyed chairs. "I'm not sure... Guess we'll have go back there and check," she noted after realizing she had never spotted any price tags in the commotion. "... ! Or wait!" Suddenly, she turned to scan the shelves next to them. "Is it just me, or does everything here seem to be the same price??"
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:16 pm

"What?" Marie quickly looked towards the shelves, confused. "... Uh... Actually, I don't see ANY prices," she stated flatly. "I'm not sure if that necessarily means that everything's the same price, Callie..." To help explain her point, she picked up a small, plastic mug of some kind from the shelf. "That would mean that this..."--she paused to read what was printed on the mug--"... 'i m kool' mug... costs as much as one of those chairs," she explained. She then proceeded to take another look at the mug with a puzzled expression, as if she could hardly believe how awful it was.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:44 pm

"Oh... Oh yeah..." Callie responded in realization, observing the strange mug that Marie held. "... Man, that's a weird mug," she commented with a look of disbelief before returning to their point. "But... Maybe we can look for some staff guys or something and ask them?" she suggested.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:02 pm

"Uuunnnnnghhh... That sounds like sooooo much work for a couple of crummy chairs," Marie groaned as she put the mug back, instantly looking a little tired. "Let's just guess the price and plop some cash on the counter on our way out... We'll probably end up overpaying, but whatever. I want out."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next