Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 13 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:25 am

Both Mintpaw, and Flint looked hesitant as they were quickly out voted. For very seperate reasons. 

Mintpaw opened her jaws to protest, but said nothing. Flint murmured, a nervous edge to his tone, "OK, then. Looks like we're off to fight some enemies." He looked between Torsolus, and Mintpaw "Let's see how Useful you two really are."
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33144

Back to top Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 13 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 am

"I'll do my best, sir. You can COUNT on me! And I have faith in little Mintpaw here too." Torsolus shyly defused the brashness.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17827

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:40 am

"Sure; I'm ready, too," Robin joined in, giving a single nod of his head. After all, there was no use simply hanging around the village, doing nothing productive. The group had enough rest; it was time to keep moving.

----------

Elsewhere, in the middle of some woods, and rather far from the others, a sudden warp occurred. Suddenly, a girl appeared, appearing as if she were sitting on an invisible chair. In her hand, she held a pair of chopsticks, holding tightly onto a small clump of noodles.
By the looks of it, she was entirely oblivious to what had happened.
With her eyes closed in a smile, the girl laughed. "I know, right? And did you see his face?! It was just... What WAS that?!" she snickered as if she were talking to somebody, about to take a bite of the noodles in her hand. However, when she didn't get a response, she froze. Something wasn't right. "... Apollo? ... Boss?" Slowly, she opened an eye... only to see where she was. What on Earth...?! she thought to herself, utterly confused. Just a moment ago, she was enjoying a celebratory bowl of noodles with two of her closest friends. Now... she had no idea. As she looked around her surroundings, she just happened to glance downward... and notice there was no chair beneath her.
As soon as this occurred, she fell to the ground, somehow sending her chopsticks flying away in the process. "EEYAH!!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32832

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:44 am

Suddenly Mintpaw's ears shot up "QUIET" She gasped. "I thought I just heard a scream!" Her nose flared as she sniffed the air. She didn't smell anything unusual, but something kept pushing her, something wasn't right. So she murmrued "If someone's hurt or in trouble we gotta help!" And she dashed off in the direction she had heard it.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:47 am

"OH! Cripes! Okay...YUUUUUUP!" Torsolus dashed after her from a sudden stop.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:59 am

Cookie gasped. "A scream?!" she echoed back. "That's gotta be the first person we rescue!" With much energy, she dashed after Mintpaw. "C'mon, guys! Let's go save the daaaaayyyyy!!" she called back to the others.

"Right; we're on our way!" Robin quickly followed, as well. Although he didn't hear the voice himself, he knew he shouldn't question it at the moment. If someone really needed their help, they needed to go as quickly as possible.

----------

The girl slowly rose to her feet. Ooookay... That's gotta be at least NEAR the top of my "weird experiences" list, she thought to herself, putting a hand to the side of her head. Where'd the others go? ... Or maybe I should be asking... where did I go?! Now feeling very unsettled, she began to wander away, keeping her ears wide open for the slightest hint of danger.
Before long, of course, the girl caught the sound of someone rapidly approaching in her direction. She gasped, then assumed as much of a confident pose as she could muster. "W-who's there?!" she called out, trying to mask her nervousness as much as possible. "Y-you better show yourself...!!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:01 am

Torsolus stopped just short of her face, wobbling forwards a little. Regaining himself he spoke.

"GREETINGS, GOOD MA'AM! I heard a scream. Which way did they go??"

Last edited by Stealthy on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:02 am

Little Mintpaw stumbled out of the undergrowth and loped towards her. Quickly followed by the others. (Flint bringing up the rear) "Are you ok?" She murmured softy. Parting her jaws to scent for possible injuries. But only catching fear scent. "We..We won't hurt you!" She promised.

Flint stood near the back. His eyes narrowed in suspicious indignation (I hope I spelled that right)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:19 am

"GYA!!" When the girl suddenly found herself face-to-face with an odd being with bright white skin, she jumped back, startled. Soon enough, she spotted the rest of the group as they arrived, as well. "... I-I'm fine," she responded to the cat's question, though appearing rather baffled. And just when I thought things were weird enough, she commented in her mind, glancing around at the wild assortment of travelers. They don't sound hostile, though, at least... Gradually, she seemed to relax, but only a little. "So, uh... Who are you guys, exactly?" she asked, straightening her posture and putting her hands on her hips.

Cookie skidded to a halt, sending dead plant debris flying a short distance. It seems they most likely found the source of the yell, but there didn't appear to be any monsters in sight, nor did the girl appear to be hurt. "I'm Cookie...!" she responded to her question.

Robin arrived among the latest of the group. Seeing how on-edge this girl appeared to be, he decided not to overwhelm her with more questions, and simply hung back a bit. When asked who he was, however, he spoke up. "And I'm Robin," he chimed in after Cookie.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:22 am

"I'm Mintpaw." The little white and grey cat responded. "Flint." The Kattaca murmured in the back after the others had spoken.

"Are you hurt?" Mintpaw asked. "We can help."
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:22 am

"Torsolus. Pleased to meet you, ma'am." He reached out for a handshake. His psychic profile oozed goodwill, but something was slightly off in alignment...
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:35 am

Pit arrived just a moment after Cookie, looking relieved to see that there were no apparent threats in the area, and that the girl seemed perfectly safe. "I'm Pit; hey there...!" he greeted with his usual enthusiasm.

Lucina was also among the last members of the group to arrive, likely due to her leg's current injury. When asked about who she was, she gave the unfamiliar girl a brief, polite nod in greeting. "I'm Lucina."
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28172

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:59 pm

As each member of the group greeted her, the girl listened carefully. Even within such brief greetings, she could pick out some emotional traces in their voices, giving her a little something to base her first impressions on.
Torsolus sounded like he had good intentions, and probably wasn't a threat. Probably. She still hadn't fully recovered from being jump-scared by him earlier. Still, she returned his handshake without hesitation.
Cookie seemed genuinely enthusiastic; there was no mistaking this.
Pit sounded similarly enthusiastic. Nothing to worry about here.
Mintpaw sounded truly concerned about her well-being. So much so that she felt the need to instantly respond to her question before moving on to the next greeting. "Nah, I'm alright. Totally confused, yeah, but alright," she assured. "Still, gracias," she added with a little smile.
Okay, moving on. Let's see...
Robin, to her, sounded slightly cautious, but not necessarily concerning her. Otherwise, he sounded generally calm.
Lucina, too, sounded calm, though maybe slightly strained. She figured this was probably due to the injury on her leg. ... Eh? Hold on; what's she got stuck there? Her gaze focused on the strange materials on her leg. Are those leaves? And... spider webs?? ... That can't be healthy... Alas, she was getting distracted here. Next.
Flint sounded... a little different. Although he only spoke one word, she could hear the negative emotions vaguely swirling and churning behind it. What could be on his mind?
For a moment, the girl appeared to be pondering something. However, she quickly snapped out of it and proceeded to introduce herself. "Nice to meet you all! I'm Athena. Athena Cykes," she told them, giving a grin.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:11 pm

"So...are you alright?" Torsolus asked. He noticed the noodles. "Heheh...what happened? Do you remember how you got here? Did the noodles kidnap you?"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Flint locked eyes with her as she pondered. A deep, challanging glare in his dark grey gaze. When she finally spoke, he just snorted and looked away. Mintpaw however, smiled "N..Nice to meet you.. Athena." She watched Torsolus with wide eyes as he asked the question "Erm..." was all she could muster. 

She walked over and sniffed them "They smell harmless..."she murmured, though her fur was still fluffed with nervousness.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelsky Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Somewhere in a patch of trees nearby—in fact, in the very place that Mintpaw had gathered her herbs from—a teenage boy opened his heterochromatic eyes. He felt cool grass beneath his fingertips, he saw the towering trees casting their shade upon him… Is this some kind of afterlife? he wondered to himself.
He stood up and straightened out his white hair, except for that one characteristic ahoge atop his head. He wasn't supposed to be here. He knew he had to be dead; after all, they had just deleted him from their program entirely, hadn't they? Worse than that, even: they had utterly erased the entire program after everyone had safely left, with the sole exception of himself. He was so enraged by this that he couldn't possibly forget it… He was trapped, holding on to a pathetic grudge against some giant company that he could never even attempt to put up a fight against.
But the sight of this small, peculiar forest was so perplexing to him that it almost consumed the burning rage and rejection he felt as a result of being so easily thrown away. The uneasy, fearful thoughts whirring through his head at unmeasurable speeds were making him nauseous. He had so many questions, so many emotions, and not one answer in sight.
Picking up his odd USB-cord tail as though it were some magical form of comfort to him, he took a deep breath in and did what he had always done in the past upon getting lost.
"Can anyone help me?"
Jewelsky
Jewelsky
Warrior

Herbs : 397
Fresh-kill : 62423

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDgn6FdABI

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:08 pm

When she noticed Flint's reaction when she stopped focusing on him and began to speak, Athena only grew more suspicious. Alright... Something really is going on with this guy, she mentally noted, glancing at him again. Seeing as there's no sign of anyone else around, I'll probably have to stick with these travelers. Maybe, if I get a chance to talk to him, I'll...
However, her thoughts were interrupted by another question.
"Yes! I'm fine!" Athena insisted to Torsolus, raising her voice, but not really sounding truly annoyed. "You guys have only asked me three times! ... Seriously. I counted," she remarked with a laugh. "In all seriousness, though... I have no idea what happened," she admitted, looking somewhat worried. "I don't even know where I am right now... What is this place?"

"From what we've been told," Robin began to explain, recalling what Rosalina had told them before, "this is some kind of world between worlds. There was an incident some time back that apparently distorted the borders between worlds, and people have sometimes been appearing here at random as a result."

Athena appeared somewhat stunned. "Say what?!" However, although Robin seemed not to be lying, she quickly began to look skeptical. Who told them this story, though...? she wondered. Robin doesn't sound like he's hiding anything, but that can't tell me anything if not even HE knows if he's been misled...! "Uh... If you don't mind my asking," she began, not directing the question at anyone specific, "who told you this, exactly...?"
As she was waiting for a response, Athena thought she could make out a distant voice, seemingly asking for help. Maybe that's someone else in the same situation as me...? she thought to herself. In that case, maybe this person Robin mentioned really did know what they were talking about... She decided not to speak up about what she heard, however, until someone had a chance to respond to her question.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Flint was the one to respond, suprisingly. And in a deep voice, though not outright angry. He didn't make eyecontact though "Rosalina." He said softly. "The guardian of another world." He now faced, her, and put his hand on his chest. "I'm a Kattaca, from Kattacus." He pointed to Pit. "That's an angel from Kid Icarus." He pointed to Mintpaw. "That's a cat from the Sunbathed Forest, wherever that is." He added with disgrutled annoyance, which was once again, ignored by the kitten, who had given up on defending herself from his attacks. 

He looked Athena up and down "I'm not sure where you come from..."
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Athena listened carefully to what Flint had to say, both for the actual information he provided, and to listen for any more emotional hints in his voice. One thing definitely jumped out at her; a constant, underlying anger that was detectable the entire time he spoke. Something's definitely troubling him... Deeply. What could be at the root of all this anger?
"I see," Athena responded in acknowledgement when this mysterious being was mentioned by name. Although, to tell the truth, with all of this talk of different worlds and multiversal disturbances and the like, she was finding herself feeling a bit overwhelmed. "Er, as for me... I'm from... Earth?" she responded, hoping this is what he meant. "A human from Earth." If it turned out he meant which universe she came from, she'd be at a complete loss.

Suddenly, Cookie piped up. "Hey! I'm a human from Earth, too!!" she chimed in happily. "Oh my creampuff. Have you ever been to Blossomwood? Y'know, the one in Canada? That's my hometown! If you've been there, we could have even run into each other before and had NO IDEA!"

Athena just stood silently for a moment, wide-eyed, after this sudden burst of enthusiastic rambling, then let out an awkward chuckle. "Eheh...! ... Um... Not to sound rude or anything, but... I've never, ever heard of a "Blossomwood, Canada" before," she admitted.
Suddenly, a squeaky voice spoke up out of nowhere.
"Maybe 'cause it doesn't even exist?"
The voice just happened to come from the little device Athena wore around her neck.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Not only that, but there was underlying sorrow and... Fear?? In his voice? Though unexplainable at the moment all three emotions were definately there. Hidden under the strongest one, anger.

The Kattaca lifted an eyebrow when the device spoke "What is that little thing?" He asked crudely. Mintpaw jumped at the sudden voice "WAA! Who's there?!" 
She backed towards Cookie and Torsolus. 

Flint crossed his arms "rude little thing, isn't it." he thought. Then a much deeper inner voice added "not that your much better." He narrowed his eyes, shoving away the thought. He had his reasons.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Torsolus jumped a little at Widget's words, not knowing their source. A hometown that doesn't exist. Doesn't exist! He looked around anxiously. He glanced at Cookie, who appeared unphased.

Then he saw the source. Collecting himself, he looked at it closely and chippered up.

"Why, what a cute little friend! Is he self-aware AI, too? What's YOUR name, tiny little sir?~~"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:33 pm

"I dunno...!" Pit added confusedly after Flint's question, glancing at the device around Athena's neck. "Maybe it's some kind of... Umm..." he trailed off, appearing to be deep-in-thought for a moment. "... OK, I have no idea," he eventually admitted, honestly unsure.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28172

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Cookie blinked when she heard the sudden comment, her eyes growing wide. "H-hey!" she whined, sounding a bit hurt. "Of course it exists! Why would I make something like that up??"

Athena looked surprised and mildly horrified when her little gadget suddenly interjected. "NGH!! W-Widget! Now is NOT the time...!!" she exclaimed flusteredly, seeming to be scolding the device. "Oh my gosh. I am so, so sorry," she apologized to Cookie, hearing the sadness in her voice and feeling somewhat awful. "I didn't-... He didn't-... It's just-..."
Once again, however...
"... Awwwwkwaaaaard..."
Instantly, Athena fell to her knees, looking almost defeated. After this little moment, however, she stood again, sighed, then responded to the others' questions. "This is Widget," she explained, holding the device up so they could get a better look. "To put it simply, he's a little computer with a holographic display. He's packed with revolutionary technology, such as-..." She stopped herself. On second thought, these travelers probably didn't really ask to hear a complete rundown on Widget's specs. "... Aaaactually," she began again, "I'm not gonna go boring you with all the technical details. I'll just say, though, I don't know what I'd do without him! He's a huge help... Even if he does decide to make things awkward by blurting out what I'm thinking every now and then... Eheh."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:44 pm

"OOOOOHHHHHHHHH....." Torsolus said. "What a handy little thing! Did you build it? That's gotta take some crazy brainpower! I sure as muffins couldn't come up with anything this functional!"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Flint lifted an eyebrow "So you don't believe Cookie?" He strode over to Cookie, and stood next to her. gently moving a hand towards her comfortingly. Mintpaw glanced at him. "Any...Uh.. Anyway... That thing is weird... I only smell metal and plastic... But it's making noise." Shaking herself she added gently, brutally aware this may not be the best time, "w..would... You like... To join us, in our enemy search/search for people who need help?" She glanced around blindly at the others in her group, as if asking their opinion. Though unlike others, she'd have to try and smell or feel any weight shifts, or emotional scents from them to get their opinion. But due to her own jump scare, all she smelled was her own fear scent.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next