Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

+2
Mistystar
Swallowfeather
6 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 28 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Stealthy Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:00 am

Link heard the beat of heavy wings somewhere behind him, and the brief air displacement blew his little green cap. He turned toward the source.

"Ohh-huh--!"
He gasped.

He wasn't frightened, or even defensive. Before him stood a majestic, feathery, intelligent-looking creature; usually the kind to teach him a new song or offer him a trial to overcome.

Torsolus heard the gasp, and turned around to be overcome with awe. He quietly squealed,

"Ahhhhhh whoooaaaaaa!!! A creature I've not seen in ages, powerful and wise and ready to guard everything it loves with its life!! I haven't gone to a mythological world in so long, my memory of it threatens to fail me..." He continued in a loud, dramatic voice. "But, noble one!! Be thou temporary ally or constant friend, I know your kind, and you are most welcome! I name you!

HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!!"

He posed dramatically, gesturing toward the beautiful entity.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Herbs : 228
Fresh-kill : 17872

Back to top Go down

~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~ - Page 28 Empty Re: ~Crossover Chronicles (Thread 5)~

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:01 am

Robin was waiting calmly for the others to enter the bar when, suddenly, he caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye. When he turned his head to look, a somewhat amazed expression came onto his face. A noble, somewhat golden Hippogriff was standing there before them all. At first, he instinctively tensed up, but quickly relaxed again, as the creature didn't appear aggressive or hostile. It seemed they were safe.

Just as Cookie was about to enter the building, she heard a swooshing sound behind her, causing her to stop in her tracks, blinking once. Almost nervously, she turned around, only to be met with an incredible sight. A grand, noble creature stood before the group, and the sight of it caused her face to light up. "WhoaaaaAAAA!" She stepped towards the magnificent beast, completely fascinated. "Hello...!" she greeted, clearly impressed.
Just then, she heard Torsolus' dramatic announcement. She whirled around to face him, her face somewhat blank for a moment, jaw hanging open slightly. Then, unable to help herself, she cracked. "Uh... N-not quite...!" she remarked through her laughter.

Marie happened to be rather close to the creature when she stopped behind the group. Her golden eyes widening a bit upon hearing a clopping and scratching on the ground behind her, she slowly turned around. When she saw the large, awesome creature standing right in front of her, she let out a surprised yelp and reeled backwards. There was a good chance she was going to collide with somebody at this moment.

----------

Leaf nodded in complete approval of Callie's idea, smiling widely. She seemed to be an incredibly friendly, spirited, and cheerful creature, so the young Pokémon trainer had no complaints at all about traveling with her. She then looked down at Clefairy, as if silently asking for her opinion on the idea, as well.
"Clefairy! Clefairy!" Clefairy nodded enthusiastically, beaming.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32877

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 am

Flint gazed at Ember with subtle interest, crossing his arms, and perking his ears. Then gasped as Marie suddenly backed into him. He growled and shoved her away, not horribly hard, but still a shove. "Watch where you're going you two-toed sea blob." He snapped. Then he closed his eyes and said in a matter of fact tone "I'm not helping you up if you fall into a puddle of your own bodily secretions you call 'Ink'" He once again turned his attention to Ember, assuming the conversation was over at that moment (>:D) 

Mintpaw decided to leave Lucina alone, she had been hanging around her allot lately, and a cat can only hang around one human so much before they get annoyed, so she leapt to Cookie as she was entering the building. But she misjudged and landed on her head, desperately trying not to use her claws to regain balance. She was slipping

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
₮◊Яи∆∂◊$₮◊Яᄊ ∂∑קЦ₮ץ ◊モ ¢レ◊Ц∂¢レ∆и
You all are my Friends and I Love you very much <3
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(My email is available to the left of the screen under my rank. Feel free to use it if you need/want to contact me and I'm not online. 99% of the time I'll see it right away)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33189

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:58 am

"Urf!" Marie felt herself being shoved back forward, the way she came, by Flint. When she heard his venomous words, she slowly turned around and glared up at him. The star-shaped pupils in her eyes even seemed to gleam. "... 'SCUSE me...?" she snarled lowly, exposing her sharp fangs a bit and taking a slow, swaggering step towards him. "You must think you're really something special, huh?" she sneered at him, narrowing her eyes slightly. "You're so bright, you even totally forgot that as a squid, I'm actually more agile in ink... Not to gross you out or anything." She finished speaking with a snarky huff.

(I admit it; I couldn't come up with anything as good as I had hoped. OTL
And it's so late, I couldn't fit Cookie in, either. I'll deal with her in my next post.)

Last edited by Whitefeather on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:00 am

Just before she stepped through the door of the bar, Lucina heard a swooping sound behind her, followed by the clopping of hooves and scratching of talons against the ground. Whirling around, she was met with the sight of a noble, winged creature standing before the group. Though she was initially put somewhat on-edge by the creature's sudden appearance, she gradually began to calm down when it didn't show any signs of hostility, gazing ahead in awe.

Pit hopped back in surprise, wings flaring out slightly, when the Hippogriff swooped onto the ground in front of them. After simply staring at the impressive creature in amazement for a few moments, his eyes quite wide, the angel gave a slight bow of his head in respectful greeting.

-----

"Great! So glad you like the idea!" Callie cheered when both Leaf and Clefairy seemed quite eager to accept her request, giving a grateful smile to the duo. "I bet it's gonna seem a lot less lonely out here, now," she added somewhat thoughtfully, briefly staring off into the distance.
Then, suddenly springing to her feet, the Inkling clapped her gloved hands together once with much enthusiasm and looked back at her new friends. "So...! Just tell me when you guys are all ready to set out!"

Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28217

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:59 am

Flint glared down at her a glint of... Excitement? in his eyes.... "Oh yeah? Well I actually am rather special. You see these?" he flared his wings "I only know one other Kattaca who has these, and hers aren't even big enough to fly with." he chuckled. "And I didn't forget you were a squid. That doesn't change the fact your a sea blob though." And he swished his tail decisively. "Really. You should think more carefully before challenging me"

(My email is available to the left of the screen under my rank. Feel free to use it if you need/want to contact me and I'm not online. 99% of the time I'll see it right away)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 pm

At first Torsolus was worried. He thought perhaps that feelings were going to be hurt.....but when the implication arose of a fight challenge, he instead got excited. "Excuse me for a second hippopotamus.....you two, if you're going to fight, would you mind taking it outside the town?....And waiting til we all get our beverages so we can watch????"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Suddenly, Cookie found Mintpaw landing on her head. "AAH!" She frantically scrambled to reach up and lift her off, relocating her to her shoulder. "Careful, there!" she awkwardly laughed, scratching the cat's neck. "You OK?"

"Good for you," Marie scoffed sarcastically to Flint, sounding somewhat unimpressed. "By the way, this "sea blob"-whatever that means-has got millions of adoring fans, so..." Looking rather smug, she briefly glanced away, lightly bouncing one of the large tentacles tied on the back of her head on the palm of her hand. "And another thing," she continued, "do I look like some kind of hothead barbarian to you? I wasn't gonna fight you, buddy..." The expression on her face grew quite wily as she continued to speak in a teasing tone. "I'd hate to mess up your oh-so-gorgeous feathers... Buuuut... if that's what you want... Whatevs. I'm game."

----------

Leaf gave a nod, also rising to her feet. "... I'm ready," she murmured, looking back at Clefairy and tilting her head subtly.
Clefairy nodded in agreement, then quickly slipped down from the log and went to her trainer's side, eager to keep moving.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Mintpaw chuckled awkwardly as she was lifted off Cookie's head "ehheh... Ya... Sorry...." she said in a quiet whisper. resting her weight comfortably on Cookie's shoulder. "I guess she sounded taller... Whoops..."

Flint listened with a neutral expression to Marie's spiel, arms crossed. Then gave a soft, welcoming smile. All of the sudden, his tail swung at her from behind his back.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:58 pm

"WAITWAITWAIT!!" Torsolus screeched. He blazed quickly out of the town, grabbing pieces of broken buildings as he went, and saying to the townspeople, "EXCUSE ME NEED THIS FOR A SECOND THANKS"

He was outside the town. After a few seconds, his voice echoed in distantly, "OKAY COME HERE!"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Suddenly, Marie found herself under attack already. Since she was under the impression that they were moving somewhere else to fight, she was taken off-guard. As a result, Flint's tail managed to nick her arm slightly as she dove away to dodge. "Ynnnnngh...!!" The little cut stung quite a bit, but not as much as the nature of her opponent's trick, which she perceived to be quite underhanded. "OK... You wanna play dirty, huh?" she growled, pushing herself to her feet, then, without any hesitation, aiming her Charger directly at Flint's face. As she was doing so, she inconspicuously pressed some sort of button near the handle. This caused the color of the lights on its back end to flash bright green, and the weapon emitted a faint whirring sound, somewhat like a device powering up. "How's this?" As it turned out, this was not a normal ink weapon. This one was primarily designed for more serious combat; the Hero Charger. Although a few Inklings had brought lookalike "replicas" of it into recreational ink battles before, they were functionally no different from a regular Splat Charger. This was the one-and-only original--the real thing--possessing, when fully activated, stats and features that no competition-legal ink weapon had.
Suddenly, just as Marie began charging, preparing to shoot, she heard Torsolus' distant shout. She released the trigger, causing a small, uncharged splash of ink to come from the Charger's nozzle and fall to the ground. "Eh...?" She slowly whirled around, staring in its direction. "... OK... We'll head over there, then," she grumbled to Flint. "Once we get there, though, things are gonna get messy. Don't tell me I didn't warn you." Slowly, she began making her way towards Torsolus.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:33 pm

Flint was caught off guard by Torsolus's 'WAITWAITWAIT' meaning his tail only hit her arm, and he started in Torsolus' general direction with a 'seriously?!' expression. His ears flicked when Marie started charging her weapon tho, and he stared at it, waiting for the perfect moment to dodge, when suddenly it fired... And the shot fell to the ground at his feet, He sorted and chuckled. "Alright. Whatever you say, Sea Blob." and he followed her out. Tempted to show off by flying, yet not caring enough to do so.

He hung back behind Marie though. But for a reason. He examined her, judged her abilities, the estimated power of her weapon, and he made a general guess of her battling style based on what he'd seen so far. He assumed she'd be spending allot of time hiding in her 'ink' then popping out to fire at him. He realized he'd have to be really focused to spot her. But she didn't seem to have much in the way of defense. So he figured a few good hits and the battle would be over. He also realized that the 'ink' would probably hurt him, so on his side, he decided it'd be a mostly aerial battle.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Ember bowed her plumed head before the group before her and flared her wings, softly sqwaking a greeting to them. She arose from her bow and chuckled at Torsolus. "I'm Ember, a hippogriff haha! Nice to meet you in that manner."
-----
Suddenly as the fight broke out, Ember backed up a safe distance and reared, flapping her wings and emitting a screech, her eyes narrowed. "SETTLE DOWN, EVERYONE!! We are in enough trouble with a monster lurking around here! You don't need to fight for such a thing!" She snorted, swishing her tail in anxiety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Link shrugged at the hippogriff and gestured toward a damaged building whose pieces had been borrowed by Torsolus. He also gave a promising gaze to the creature, brandishing his Master Sword. Should a monster interrupt the battle, Link would be ready to take it on.

Diagonally south of the entrance to the town, out of the way and distanced from it by roughly fifteen feet, was a HUUUUUUGE, wide-open Colosseum. It was very primitive; its wide-open circular area was marked by pieces of wood heavily jammed into the ground, sticking upwards out of it, as well as heavy circular imprints in the ground marking the circumference. Any stray rocks and plants within the circle had been neatly cleared and piled up a few feet away. There were even two little circles on either end of the Colosseum marking Flint and Marie's starting points.

"Whenever you guys are ready!"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Flint's ears perked and wings flared in interest he glanced over his shoulder a moment to see if anyone was following them. Then he entered the Colosseum, and looked around, taking a deep breath in as a pseudo gasp 
he scanned the ground, and saw the marks. He uncertainly made his way over to one "A little bit over the top, don't you think Torsolus?" He grumbled. standing on one, and turning to face the other. his arms still crossed as he awaited Marie.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:37 pm

"Hey, man, YOU'RE the one who went over-the-top when you challenged her. I'm just making it professional!" He gave Flint a friendly bat on the shoulder.
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Marie gazed around at the Colosseum, looking quite satisfied. "Perfect; we've got a REAL battlefield," she remarked. "Thanks, Torsolus." At her usual, slow pace, she went to stand on her starting point. As she stood there, she briefly looked over her equipment, then stared across the arena at her opponent. She could feel her fighting spirit truly awakening, feeling almost like she did at the beginning of a battle in her homeworld. "Ready when you are."

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Flint gave Marie a soft nod, and charged at her, keeping his wings folded until the very last second, then he flared them, they caught wind and with a small jump, he flew over her, landed, and spun once, swinging his tail at her back He was going to end this as quickly as possible

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Marie, after being sneak-attacked by Flint once before already, was sure to keep her guard up this time. When he came rushing forward, she prepared something. As he jumped over her head, she quickly threw what looked like a water balloon ringed with glowing green lights in front of her. The object burst into a large, round pool of ink, which she proceeded to dive into as a squid, evading the attack. Then, quickly turning around, she briefly popped up, turned humanoid just long enough to pelt another "bomb" at Flint, and transformed back, hiding in the ink again.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Flint snarled as his tail hit nothing. But he had assumed this would be her tactic, and quickly flew up as she popped out, and fired. He wasn't sure how to taunt her to show what she truly had up her sleeve, but he had a feeling close range wasn't the best idea. He himself wished he had more longer, or even middle ranged attacks. 

He landed a safe distance from the ink, and hesitated a moment, watching for any sign of his opponent. "This is gonna be tougher then I thought. Long ranged weapon verses mere punches, and a sharp tail. Greeaat." 

He inched closer, trying to lure her out of hiding.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Marie slowly swam around in her ink, not making any ripples that could give her position away, and kept an extremely close eye on Flint as he came closer. Thaaaaat's it, she remarked mentally, intentionally waiting in silence before making her next move. She wanted to keep him guessing what she was going to do next. Once he got close enough, she would make her move.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Flint sighed and crossed his arms. "Come on, scardy blob. Torsolus made this whole thing for us, at least make it interesting." He swished his tail back and forth. But something told him danger lurked in the ink, and after one more subtle step, he stopped, deciding he would wait her out. Not necessarily knowing she was using the same tactic.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Torsolus turned to the hippogriff next to him.

"Sorry, friend. I've been so rude. I got so caught up in planning a friendly battle, that I never caught your name!"
Stealthy
Stealthy
Survivor
Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:19 pm

When she saw Flint stop, Marie began gradually inching closer to the edge of the ink, still careful to limit her swimming speed. She figured he might not be moving any closer, so she decided now would be a fine time to strike. Here goes nothing... After taking a moment to center herself, she suddenly came flying out of the ink, hurling several Burst Bombs--what she had just used earlier--at Flint in succession.

Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Flint gasped in surprise. He hadn't expected her to give in so easily. He back flipped away. "Haha, impatient are we?" He thought fast, continuing to dodge, about how to get close enough to Marie to initiate a 'sharp tornado' 
He realized... and as he dodged, he started dodging to the left, mostly, and started making a big semi circle, 

"this is ridiculous. I'm not used to this kind of battle." 

He decided to try something else, once he realized he most likely couldn't get around her without her tracking him. He lept into the air, hesitating only moments, before he started jumping across the ink, this way and that. Attempting to confuse her, yet also make his way close enough for it to be difficult for a long range weapon, and also for him to attack her.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next