Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

+2
Tornadostorm
Goldy
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) Empty Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) 35dcc4l

In a scenic taiga forest in the north, a group of cats known as MountainClan claims territory between the towering snowy mountains and the tranquil turquoise lake. These cats are not ordinary cats, however: they each possess a unique Ability given to them by the stars.

About MountainClan (please read before RPing):
Nearly every cat in the Clan has a magical power. Those who have powers, which are known to the cats as "Abilities" (capital A, as they hold the powers in such high importance), usually have the distinguishing feature of markings of one unusual color, ranging from stripes to a small face or tail marking. The amount of this unusual color on a cat's pelt can correspond to the strength of a cat's Ability, not always, but cats with more colored markings tend to be more feared by knowing enemies.
Cats can also have unusual markings that would not be found on typical wild cats, but their dominant color/pattern must be natural. They cannot have wings, horns, or any other abnormalities, even if their power is flight.
All Abilities can be tired out after extended use, no cat can be constantly using their Ability (recharge can be long or short, up to you)
MountainClan cats have thick fur (not necessarily long) due to the cold climate of their territory, as well as rough paw pads due to the rocky mountains and lakeshore.
The usual predators to MountainClan are large birds, foxes, wolves, and cougars.
MountainClan cats predominantly catch fish and large birds, as well as the occasional rabbit. Mice and squirrels are uncommon in the pine forest, and these cats are unable to climb trees, as their forest territory is almost completely coniferous trees like pine and firs.
The cats live in a glade in the pine forest with a stream running through the camp and several moss-covered rocks composing their dens. The leader addresses their Clanmates from the Tallstone and the cats visit the Mooncave on the mountain to speak with StarClan.
Taiga/tundra areas only really experience summer and winter, and the season names used in the books wouldn't work since there aren't any leafy trees on their territory, so the cats have growing season (spring-summer) and cold season (autumn-winter)
Their territory is bordered by a lake to the south, mountains to the north and east, and tundra to the west.

Rules:
-Use the form for each cat you make.
-No killing or severely injuring characters without their player's permission.
-Only one power is allowed per cat. Exceptions can be made if you ask first.
-You must limit your cat's power, either by requiring long cool-downs in between uses or giving it weaknesses.

Possible powers:
Flight
Future sight (Reserved for medicine cats)
Healing (Reserved for medicine cats)
Increased speed
Increased strength
Invincibility (think Lionblaze)
Invisibility (Reserved for now)
Mind reading (must decide limits with roleplaying partner)
Shapeshifting
Telekinesis (Reserved for now)
Teleportation
Underwater breathing
*For now, powers will become reserved when 2 cats have them, but I'll raise the number when more characters are added

Forbidden powers (cannot give your characters):
Elemental powers (might change if y'all want it)
Immortality
Mind control
Time travel

This is not meant to include every power you can use, if you think of something different feel free to ask me about it! Some powers may be removed once a few cats have them.

MountainClan
Leader: Finchstar (she-cat/telekinesis/Goldstorm)
Deputy: Redwing (tom/invisibility/Tornadostorm)
Medicine Cat:
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookpaw (tom/healing/Moonflame)
Warriors:
Ivymoon (she-cat/teleportation/Midnightflame)
Bluepoppy (she-cat/invisibility/Lotuspaw)
Lakestone (tom/underwater breathing/Mistystar)
Apprentices:
Quailpaw (tom/shapeshifting/Goldstorm)
Kits:
Queens:
Elders:

Form:

Code:
[b]Cat’s name:[/b]
[b]Ability/limits of ability/do other cats know of it?:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank/desired rank:[/b]
[b]Personality/skills:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Backstory (optional):[/b]
[b]Other (optional):[/b]

My characters:

Cat’s name: Finchstar
Ability/limits of ability/do other cats know of it?: Finchstar has telekinetic abilities. As far as limits, think Eleven from Stranger Things, but instead of nosebleeds she simply gets worn out and unable to use her powers, which can cause severe headaches or last for days after some especially strenuous uses. Her Clan knows of her power.
Rank/desired rank: Leader
Personality/skills: Finchstar is a strong leader who tolerates no nonsense from her Clanmates, but is deeply loyal to and protective of her Clan. She sometimes uses fear and shows of her strength to keep them in line, but despite her enforcement of her authority she prefers not to act "leaderly" most of the time and takes a regular role in Clan life. She uses her telekinetic Ability for hunting and fighting, which needs to be recharged fairly often. She is skilled at traditional fighting due to the unreliability of her Ability in battle but she is an admittedly poor hunter and tracker.
Appearance: Finchstar is a young, small, sleek-furred black she-cat with small dark teal markings: a ring towards the tip of her tail, the tips of her ears, and one teal eye. Her other eye is a light shade of silver. She also has a white tail-tip and v-shaped marking on her chest. The light amount of teal on her pelt used to make her Clanmates believe incorrectly that her Ability was weak.
Backstory (optional): As an apprentice, Finchpaw was often overlooked, as she was the youngest daughter of Ravenstar, the previous leader who had many older, stronger sons who seemed certain to take his place. Shortly after receiving her warrior name, Finchfrost, Ravenstar died. Finchfrost decided to challenge her older brother, his deputy with the Ability of immense strength, for MountainClan's leadership, to the amusement of her Clanmates. The other cats assumed that the young, skinny she-cat had only a weak telekinetic Ability, as a strong one had never been seen before in any MountainClan cat. Her brother agreed to the battle, only to humor her, and was subsequently telekinetically thrown into a tree and instantly killed, revealing the strength of the she-cat's powers to the Clan. The rest of the Clan was too shocked to challenge her, and she received her nine lives per the agreement of the duel. While, at the time, Finchstar pretended that she had meant to kill her brother in a show of strength, it was an accident that she still deeply regrets, as she had only meant to beat him in the fight. While her leadership started off with the cats' distrust and fear of her, she proved herself to be a strong and capable leader, and has never hurt another Clanmate since that day.
Other (optional):

Cat’s name: Quailpaw
Ability/limits of ability/do other cats know of it?: Quailpaw is a shapeshifter. He can shift into other animals, not specific cats. Even he has not discovered his power yet, so no cats know about it.
Rank/desired rank: Apprentice
Personality/skills: Quailpaw is a sensitive yet extroverted cat who strives to make his friends happy. He loves running and snow, and is a good tracker and hunter, although he is not far into his training.
Appearance: Quailpaw is a gray-brown mottled Maine Coon cat with a thick mane of chest fur and large dark tufts on his ears and burnt-orange eyes. He has no unusually colored markings, so everyone in the Clan assumes that he has no power, which alienates him from them and sometimes makes him feel inadequate but determined to prove his worth through other strengths.
Backstory (optional):
Other (optional): Some friends and a mentor for him would be great!

Feel free to make your characters connected to mine, ie relative, mentor, apprentice, etc!

Last edited by Goldy on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:49 pm; edited 6 times in total
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18949

Back to top Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) Empty Re: Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:13 pm

(Cat’s name: Redwing

Ability/limits of ability/do other cats know of it?: Invisibility, which slowly wavers and fades over time. And no, no one else knows about it. He finds it more useful that way :3 *innocent face*

Rank/desired rank: I'll take you up on le deputy >u0

Personality/skills: Very serious and stoic. He struggles to the ends of the earth and back to hide his emotion. But he actually thinks rather little of his abilities, and isn't very trusting of his friends, as he feels he needs them to have, and him to know, a reason for them to be friends with him. (If that makes sense) He has gained this mistrust mostly because he's seen the darker side of his clanmates, with his invisibility. (Catching them back-talking him, Finchstar, or other members of the clan, seeing rouge mothers mistreating their kits, and so on)
-
As for skills, he is much stronger in fighting then in hunting. (Shocker I know) But as a younger cat, he learned to hunt using his invisibility, and now that he's trying to hide it, in MountainClan's presence, the adjustment is a struggle he's never quite overcome. He's also a slower runner for his stalky build.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
he also has a greenish-olive colored stripe going from the corner of his right eye to his ear, as a mark of his power, and a totally white eye with a red pupil he tells everyone he's simply blind in.

Backstory (optional): Born a kittypet, Redwing grew as a normal housecat, pampered, and with no desire to be in the wild. Until one day, his two-leg caught him turning invisible. Out of panic, they kicked him out of the house, never to look back. After that, he traveled, getting out of trouble at first just by turning invisible, but slowly learning over time how to fight. Eventually he found MountainClan, and they accepted him, but out of a fear he denies he has, he refuses to allow them to see his powers.

Also he was one of the few cats in MountainClan that didn't show wasn't afraid or doubtful of Finchstar after she killed her brother. He assumes this attributed to her decision regarding his rank.

Other (optional): All this secrecy around his strongest asset means he really likes spending time alone ^u^ But as deputy he doesn't get much of it. And he can mentor Quailpaw if you want. They'd be funny together.

Also wow! I didn't know you reserved a place for me! Thank you Goldy ^u^)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33174

Back to top Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) Empty Re: Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 pm

(Nice form, he sounds like a great cat to be deputy and I love his backstory! Haha yeah, I figured I can count on you to keep this alive. If you'd like him to mentor Quailpaw that would be cool, it's up to you! I can see their relationship being funny, the stoic and closed off deputy with a sensitive and excitable kit who can't hide his emotions. Plus maybe Finchstar would have chosen to pair them together because neither one of them openly have powers? Maybe Redwing would help him hide his powers once he finds them. Now for some awkward exposition haha)

The orange glow of sunset streamed through Finchstar's den, the former den of her father, seeming to ignite Redwing's russet pelt as he stood at attention near the tilted rock that composed the den's entrance. "They brought back that much prey? Excellent." Finchstar gave a subtle yet encouraging nod to her deputy after his report that the hunting patrol was a success. She was still lying down in the shadows of the back of her den, lazily drawing a paw over left ear, then her right. "And of course, keep sending extra patrols to watch for that cougar. We can't have her running off with more of our Clanmates, now, can we?"
She was silent for a moment after the rhetorical question, but did not dismiss the older warrior. "Redwing, you've been my deputy for nearly three moons now, and I still don't know what to make of you." She stared into his white eye for a heartbeat, drawing out the time simply because she could. "With those markings, and the way you found this Clan alone, you're no kittypet." Her lip curled at the word like a curse, not aimed at the red tom but at the shameful way of life.
The black she-cat got to her paws and shook the dust out of her pelt, still locking her analytical gaze with her deputy. "I respect you, Redwing. Most cats wouldn't have the courage to lead our Clan alongside me. It takes a certain... Ability." She let the weight of the word hang in the air as she brushed past the stocky tom and into the clearing, offing a clear invitation to follow.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Redwing listened silently, an almost bored, or tired expression on his face as she continued. His expression didn't change as she spat the word kittypet. Internally he recoiled. Agitation clawing at his paws. He didn't like being defined by his past. He tried to tell himself that it no one saw him like that. That he was a true clanmate now. One of them. Not where he was born. It was an ongoing battle. 'I respect you, Redwing. Most cats wouldn't have the courage to lead our Clan alongside me. It takes a certain... Ability.' Redwing ever so slightly narrowed his eyes, subtly implying a desire for her to elaborate. "What did she mean by that? Does she know? I don't like this.. I have a bad feeling." He shoved the thought away with internally loud force.

More out of obligation then desire, He turned and matched Finchstar's pace. "To what ability are you referring, ma'am?" He asked matter of factly, not daring to meet her gaze, although it appeared outwardly like he could care less. "I'm sure there are many a cat in this clan who could organize patrols." He knew this wasn't the ability she was referring to, but he couldn't help but wonder if she had an idea about his own ability. He didn't like how she had looked at his eye earlier. It creeped him out.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Finchstar's whiskers twitched with subtle amusement at his question and hurried explanation. Is that a trace of nervousness I'm detecting? In my deputy? She let this amusement creep into her voice with her reply. "Oh, I think you know your, ah, ability, as well as I do. Are you saying that holding leadership in my Clan doesn't take a sort of... power?" She didn't want to outright reveal her suspicions of the red tom's Ability, but surely he couldn't have her assuming she was blind to the question of his power. If he does have an Ability, I have no idea what it is. Still, I've got to keep him on his toes! Finchstar noted his slight visible discomfort when she looked at his eye, so that's where she chose to look as she landed her final words, enthusiasm and lightness injected like venom into her tone. "Of course, three moons is nowhere near long enough to explore your abilities! I'm sure I'll better understand you soon." She quickened her pace to a sort of trot, and stopped at the fresh-kill pile and plucked out a hawk that the patrol had managed to take down. "Dinner?" It wasn't a suggestion as Finchstar dropped the heavy bird between them.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Redwing followed with an uninterested "hmm" "great." "Of course, Finchstar." He crouched by the bird. Sniffing it a lil, before taking a bite. The red tom curled his tail around his paws, and gently closed his eyes, as he savored the bite of hawk.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Cat’s name: Rookpaw

Ability/limits of ability/do other cats know of it?: Healing. The Ability is emitted through his spit, hence the vibrant coloured tongue. When he licks the affected area, the healing process takes from 10-20 minutes before completion. However, He cannot use this Ability constantly. He usually keeps his Ability for dire situations, as for when his tongue dries out from constant use, it takes a full 24 hours for him to be able to perform his duties again.

Rank/desired rank: Medicine Cat Apprentice

Personality/skills: Rookpaw is the exact opposite of the desired medicine cat. Rookpaw is fierce and hot-headed, always picking a feud with others when they don't agree with him. He likes to keep things honest, and that doesn't benefit him in this case. He is a brute and impatient with his clan members, sometimes refusing to heal them if he doesn't deem it fit. But inside, Rookpaw is doubtful of himself, he's insecure and often worries he won't be good enough for the clan. He needs to learn to be more outward with his feelings of compassion, and learn the tenderness it takes to care for the clan.

As for skills, Rookpaw, although he was hesitant at first, has an extensive knowledge of herbs although it really isn't that necessary in this case. He has a strong sense of smell, but pretty much lacks in everything else. He hasn't been taught any fighting due to the nature of his position, much to his dismay.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
He also has a vibrant, violet coloured tongue.
Rookpaw has a very thick build, and is naturally just larger in stature than others.

Backstory (optional): Since a kit, Rookpaw looked up to all the warriors in the clan, and yearned for the day he would start training; until his Ability was discovered. Due to Rookpaw's Ability, he received an immense amount of pressure from his mother to take up the role of a medicine cat. Everything about Rookpaw screams a forceful warrior, so he still wonders what his life would be like if he hadn't strayed from the warrior path.

Other (optional):
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Herbs : 61
Fresh-kill : 19492

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Finchstar tore off a chunk of the bird, spitting out feathers and enjoying the bitter flavor that some cats found unpleasant. "You know, there's some satisfaction in eating a predator." She took another bite, and talked through the flesh in her mouth. "It must be used to picking off the ground animals, until we were the ones to snatch it out of the sky." She let out a short purr of amusement raised her head to look at her deputy. "You know, it thought it was on top, that no one could touch it, until the day it realized that there was still a higher predator who could end the weaker one whenever it wished." Finchstar returned her head to the bird and continued eating, wondering if Redwing would catch on to the double meaning. In fact, the black cat herself wasn't sure whether she understood her ominous words. Was it a warning to Redwing, or are the cat and the hawk myself and my brother?
(Ok I know she sounds mildly insane but she just says whatever she wants because she knows no one can criticize her for it and because it unsettles most other cats)
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Redwing glanced up at her. chewing. "wow she's an odd cookie." He thought with a touch of amusement and a touch of fear. 'You know, it thought it was on top, and no one could touch it, until the day it realized that there was still a higher predator who could end the weaker one whenever it wished.' He glanced at her calmly. his eyes searching her expression. "Did you ever consider you were the hawk?" he murrowed with what sounded like genuine curiosity. "I don't like her tone. I've got to shut this down." he glanced at her, without a hint of challenge in his gaze. He took another bite of the hawk. "WHAT AM I DOING?!" His face showed none of what he was thinking inside.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm

A looming stature brushed through the opening of the camp. A menacing set of eyes screened the clearing to those who challenged the large apprentice; and in his jaws, a bouquet of flowers and herbs.

The juxtaposition was adorable.

The dark tom smelled of lovely flowers and herbs from a long day of traversing the MountainClan territory, and after a quick stop to drop off his find in the medicine cat den, he bouldered his way towards the fresh-kill pile. The bouldering looked a little blundering on the fresh-faced apprentice; setting down his haunches he pondered what he wanted as a meal for a job well done.
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 pm

The mild amusement was wiped from Finchstar's face in an instant. Searching her deputy's face and recalling his tone, she saw none of the challenge or malice that was in his words, but they sparked anger deep within her. In tight, forced calm, she responded, "Well, you see, I can't be the hawk, now, can I?" She dug her claws into the bird and ripped out a chunk of flesh and held it up as if to show Redwing. "Because the hawk is dead. It was killed by a predator more powerful than it was. And do you see any more powerful than I in this forest?" Still keeping the placid facade on her face, she slowly levitated the hawk and prepared to fling it away when her medicine cat apprentice wandered into camp. She abruptly dropped the bird's half-eaten body back in front of the red tom and fixed her blank eyes on the young medicine cat. As he padded into the medicine den, she returned her gaze to Redwing and leaned in close. "If I was a hawk, I would not be this hawk, as I am not foolish enough to let myself be caught by another." As Rookpaw returned, the tension between Finchstar and her deputy dropped as suddenly as it had began and she forced light back into her voice. "There's the little medicine cat! Care to join us for dinner?"
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Redwing silently listened as she ranted at him. His expression only looking mildly concerned/confused. "If you only knew how close you were to being the hawk." he closed his eyes, his mind drifting to the several occasions where he had caught clanmates bad talking, or talking out of fear about Finchstar[. If the clan started to realize how united they were on this front, both he, and his leader could be in some serious trouble. "My apologies, ma'am." Any hint of concern that he had shown at the extreme undertones of her voice previously, had now melted into his usual uncanny calm. "i've got to get out of here." after a few more hurried bites of the hawk, after it had been thrown in his face, he stood, and shook himself, to clear himself of any tension in his body. He then turned to the medicine-cat apprentice "Hellow, Rookpaw." He then turned and subtly left. Maybe he could catch up with the afternoon border patrol, and listen in on their conversation. He hoped what they said would defuse any lingering doubts about on what grounds Finchstar's leadership stood.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Finchstar watched Redwing leave through slitted eyes. I respect him, yes, but can I trust him? I suspect there's something he isn't telling me. Wordlessly, she pushed the hawk towards Rookpaw. If he thinks that I am a hawk, he is wrong. "Ah, Rookpaw, how is life among the herbs?" she gave her whiskers an amused twitch.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Dark ear's twitched in the general direction Finchstar called from. Rookpaw swerved face-to-face with the deputy, lingering in size he gave a curt nod and brushed passed him.
"Hello, Finchstar." he meowed in all the politeness he could muster within him. He took a few bites of the hawk, curling his nose at the bitter taste, but continuing to eat it anyways.
"Hmm?" He looked up when Finchstar inquired about his medical duties. "It'd be a lot less annoying if cats stopped coming to me when they stepped on thorns." He shrugged
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Finchstar purred with exaggerated amusement at the young tom's words. "Ah, I'd best make sure I take care of my own thorns from now on." She took another bite of the hawk and sat up, contented. He can finish the rest. I have no use for hawks.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:36 pm

Rookpaw held back a chuckle at the leader's comment, he proceeded to take more bites until the leader got up. When she left, he quickly discarded the remains, the bitter taste lingering on his tongue. Rookpaw lumbered up and began his nightly rounds, checking that there were no new injuries and everyone was taken care of.
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Finchstar waited in her den until darkness fell and the glade was clear before she left camp and trekked into the forest. There wasn't much prey between the trees, so she headed towards the lake. Once she reached the stony lakeshore, she blended in like a shadow and crouched on the rocks. One by one, she used her Ability to pull fish after fish out of the water and snap their spines before levitating them towards her in a neat pile. To others, this way of hunting seemed easy, but with the strain that it put on the young leader's mind she was only able to gather a small pile of fish before her headache prevented her from continuing. The thought of the walk back to camp made her paws hurt as much as her head, so she decided to sleep in a crevice between two smooth stones. Will my Clan be worried for me? She pushed the thought away with a purr of amusement that broke the silence of the night. I should be more worried about what they'll get up to without me. However, she didn't particularly care, and was soon fast asleep listening to the sound of the waves against the rocks.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Redwing, earlier in the day, was quite quick to catch the scent of the patrol. Once he did, he picked up the pace to a run, quickly dodging trees, and thorn bushes. It didn't take the red tom too long before he spotted them in the distance. He slowed a bit, making sure he stayed out of scent range. He felt allot more confident when he felt a gust of wind blast him in the face. Carrying the scent of the warriors on the patrol with it. He always hated this part, however, as he stalked closer to the patrol, soon hearing their voices carried up towards him, and as he grew closer, he was able to discern what they what they were saying. It was at this point he turned invisible. Glancing at his paws, and seeing nothing but the grass pressed down underneath them.

he looked back up, and bolted forward, being careful to step lightly. He strained his ears, listening in. "So far nothing, along this border!" called one cat. "This border has been clear for a long time. But that's good. It means it's working." A chorus of calm agreement rose from the rest of the patrol.

Redwing listened in for a while, but the patrol had nothing to say about their leader. He blinked. Of course they wouldn't. It was the rare cat who would talk about their leader behind their backs. Even if there was nothing bad to say about them.

Redwing mentally scolded himself. How dare he try and use his clanmates to diffuse his own fears?! For all he knew he was just being paranoid! Overly paranoid! He then proceeded to try to convince himself that she only spoke that way to him. Feeling shaken, and quite guilty, Redwing made his way back towards the camp with his head high, and a confident air in his stride. Once he was out of sight of the patrol, he let himself become visible. He wanted to be able to have a believable coat of invisibility if something were still going to happen tonight.

By the time he arrived back, the sun had already just about set. Right as he was coming to the entrance, he heard Finchstar make her way out of the camp. He froze, and quickly turned invisible. The last thing he wanted was for her to spot him coming back. After she was gone, he sighed, and his coat once again tangible, and red in color, he finished his walk back into the camp. He then turned to two younger warriors, and assigned them as guards for the night. He needed to eat after the walk, and he wanted to go to bed. He made himself look busy though, as he moved. Adding an air of purpose where there was none to him being out of camp most of the day.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:19 pm

When Finchstar awoke, dawn was still a long time away, but she no longer felt tired in the slightest and her headache was gone. She picked up two of the fish in her jaws and made a mental note to ask Redwing to send a patrol to collect the rest. Of course, she could levitate them alongside her during the trek back to camp, but for a reason she couldn't pinpoint she didn't want to be seen using her gift unnecessarily. She walked back to camp, the forest silent in the absence of patrols and prey.
When she reached camp, Finchstar deposited her fish on the fresh-kill pile and stood for a moment, looking small and scruffy with her fur still flattened and sticking up at odd angles from sleeping. The camp was quiet and seemed empty, so the young she-cat wasn't worried about her appearance. Besides, it wasn't as if any cat would bother her about it. Her silver-and-teal eyes narrowed as she scanned the clearing in the moonlight. Perhaps she would call a Clan meeting today. It would be something to do, and would keep her entertained.

(Takes place after Moonflame's last post)
Quailpaw fluffed out his thick gray-brown fur sheepishly as he padded into the medicine den. "Hi, Rookpaw." He greeted his fellow apprentice tentatively, knowing the young tom could be as angry as a fox when caught at a bad time. He stuck out his left hind leg, shifting his weight to stand on his other three wide paws. "Do you think you could take a look at my back paw? I twisted it a bit when I tripped over a mole hole." He avoided eye contact with the medicine cat.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Rookpaw flicked his ears towards the sounds coming from the entrance of the medicine cat den. He turned around quietly, his vibrant violent eyes looking down at his associative clan member. Rookpaw, in a mild manner, bumbled over towards Quailpaw's back paw, examining the muscle strain.
"Yeah, okay just a second." He said flatly.
Rookpaw's face flushed, and he bent down and licked across Quailpaw's hind foot. This is so embarrasing he thought to himself. Rookpaw, himself too, avoided eye contact with the other apprentice. Once finished, he sat up onto his haunches.
"Okay, it should be fine. Just wait until the sunset patrol comes in and it should feel better by then. Just wait in here until then." He flicked his tail towards one of the empty moss-beds and went to count herbs.
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 pm

Quailpaw waited, tense and uncomfortable, as Rookpaw used his ability to heal his hind paw. When the large black tom had finished, Quailpaw set his paw back on the ground and tested the weight, relieved to discover that the pain was nearly gone. "I will. Thank you!" Quailpaw's burnt-orange eyes shone with graditude as Rookpaw sat up. He padded over to the moss nest and curled up with his fluffy tail tucked over his nose.
As Rookpaw busied himself with herbs, Quailpaw watched him work with a twinge of admiration. The whole Clan knows he wanted to be a warrior, but he's still so dedicated.
"Hey, Rookpaw, what's this herb called?" Quailpaw asked, prodding a green leaf that had shifted near the nest. He didn't want to annoy the apprentice, but his inquisitiveness got the better of him.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Rookpaw lashed his tail and gave a quick sniff into the air from where he was from.
"Chervil." He said hoarsely. He began to pad over to where Quailpaw had spotted the loose leaf. "What are you- Quailpaw don't touch that." He scolded. As he made his way over, he repeated the usage, mainly for himself to remember. "It's used for infections and bellyaches, sometimes during kitting." He impatiently picked up the leaf and went back to put it in its respective pile. Before he delved deeper into the den, he meowed curtly. "How's warrior training ... and uh ... everything?" He was curious about what he was missing out on.
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 pm

"Sorry!" Quailpaw snatched his paw away from the chervil, abashed at Rookpaw's scolding. "That sounds interesting."
At Rookpaw's question, Quailpaw felt a rush of sympathy. Struggling not to sound too excited, he replied, "It's been great! Redwing is a fantastic mentor and I've been learning a lot. Watch this!" The gray-brown tom hopped out of his nest and reared up on his hind legs. He then slammed his paws down, claws extended, as if on an imaginary foe. He then darted a paw out, quick as an adder, and swiped close to the ground, scattering a few herbs without realizing. "That's how you knock an enemy off their paws! It's the most advanced move I've learned." his eyes shone and he was slightly breathless.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:10 am

At first, Rookpaw stepped forwards, about to scold Quailpaw for using his hind legs; but he got caught up in the enlightening move. His eyes darted, watching Quailpaw's technique, shocked by the sudden dart of a paw. Rookpaw too was breathless, admiration lightning in his eyes, but that changed quickly. Frustration, jealousy, and envy clouded his vision, belittled by the medicine cat path. These emotions boiled when he saw the herbs scattering the ground, tail lashing he reared up to Quailpaw.
"How mouse-brained could you possibly be! Firstly, standing on your leg after I specifically told you NOT to? And here you are, being disrespectful scattering herbs for our clanmates around? Next time you're too busy looking at butterflies and twisting your ankle, go to someone else." The tom was brute and lashed off into the back of the medicine cat den.
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 am

(Omg I totally forgot about the hind leg thing oopsss I guess Quailpaw did too)
Quailpaw crouched with his ears flattened back, overcome with shame. "My paw feels better now-" he started to protest, although it was beginning to throb, no doubt a result of his showing off. "I didn't realize I-" his eyes widened in dismay as he saw the herbs that he had scattered. His protests were futile and he shrank back, feeling guilty. I shouldn't have boasted about my training. I know Rookpaw wishes he was becoming a warrior too. "I'm sorry, Rookpaw." Quailpaw apologized quietly after the black tom moved to the back of the den. He debated internally whether he should stay in the den with Rookpaw or leave him alone, but ultimately decided he didn't want to disregard the tom's orders by leaving and further upset him. Besides, hiding from the conflict and sulking wouldn't make it go away, as much as the anxious cat would like it to.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next