Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

+2
Tornadostorm
Goldy
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Tornadostorm Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am

Goldy wrote:When Finchstar awoke, dawn was still a long time away, but she no longer felt tired in the slightest and her headache was gone. She picked up two of the fish in her jaws and made a mental note to ask Redwing to send a patrol to collect the rest. Of course, she could levitate them alongside her during the trek back to camp, but for a reason she couldn't pinpoint she didn't want to be seen using her gift unnecessarily. She walked back to camp, the forest silent in the absence of patrols and prey.
When she reached camp, Finchstar deposited her fish on the fresh-kill pile and stood for a moment, looking small and scruffy with her fur still flattened and sticking up at odd angles from sleeping. The camp was quiet and seemed empty, so the young she-cat wasn't worried about her appearance. Besides, it wasn't as if any cat would bother her about it. Her silver-and-teal eyes narrowed as she scanned the clearing in the moonlight. Perhaps she would call a Clan meeting today. It would be something to do, and would keep her entertained.

(Takes place after Moonflame's last post)
Quailpaw fluffed out his thick gray-brown fur sheepishly as he padded into the medicine den. "Hi, Rookpaw." He greeted his fellow apprentice tentatively, knowing the young tom could be as angry as a fox when caught at a bad time. He stuck out his left hind leg, shifting his weight to stand on his other three wide paws. "Do you think you could take a look at my back paw? I twisted it a bit when I tripped over a mole hole." He avoided eye contact with the medicine cat.

Redwing awoke the next morning stone dead tired. Everything hurt, and felt heavy when he forced himself to shake himself clear of sleep, and stand. He hated being the first up always had, always would. Allowing himself a yawn, he began waking the warriors that were to go on the dawn patrols. Planning to move to the apprentices going on the dawn patrols next.

as he moved from the warriors den to the apprentices den, he paused, and cast a glance up at Finchstar's den. internally he hoped she hadn't seen him last night, and wondered what she was doing being out so late herself. A part of him wondered if she had even slept in her den. He twitched his ear, however, and looked over curiously when he heard someone entering the camp. Finchstar! He purred when he saw her "oh great. I wonder where she's been."

He walked over, his fluffy tailed raised high and kinked at the end in an informal yet still respectful greeting. "Good morning, ma'am." he murrowed with his usual serious tone. "I'm just waking the cats for the dawn patrol right now. I also thought some of the apprentices, Quailpaw included, could use some early morning training, so I suggested it to their mentors, and I'll take Quailpaw out myself shortly." He gave her a calm curt nod. Hoping she was ok with what he had done so far in her absence.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33174

Back to top Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Goldy Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Ma'am? Finchstar's eyes narrowed a bit at the word. My own deputy shouldn't address me so formally. Have I really been so cold? "Perfect, Redwing." She dipped her head to the tom in a gesture of respect. "After you take your apprentice out, take the day off from patrols. You've earned it." While the black leader knew that her deputy was deserving of a break, her mouth tasted sour at giving out praise. My Clan is a machine, they don't need gratefulness and compliments to do their duties. Still, she owed a few cordially words to the big red cat after their last conversation. The poor bumbling tom probably sees me as a fox that could claw his ears off without a moment's notice. If he does, he hides it well.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18949

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:04 pm

(oh wow Finchstar xDD Hit the nail on the head)

Redwing's eyes grew wide a little. "Ma'am, are you sure? There's allot to be done." He cast a glance at the Fresh kill pile, hoping for it to be noticeably empty, mostly to prove his point. He felt weird being given free time. But he was thwarted by a semi full pile, and he had sent a hunting patrol out that morning already. He now realized the reasoning behind her giving him time off, or what he thought was the reasoning, and dipped his head. "Thank you."

He walked past her with a confident stride, and tail held high with pride. His spine tingling with uncertainty. Poking his head into the apprentice's den, he gently nudged Quailpaw with a jab from his foreleg "Quailpaw?" He asked with a soft yet commanding tone. "It's time we train." Once he was sure she was awake, he took a few steps back to let her pass.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Finchstar looked at the tom in proud satisfaction as his eyes raked over the fresh-kill pile, supplemented by the fish she had caught the night before. When he thanked her, she dipped her head in acknowledgement but kept her eyes on his.
(For your second paragraph, Quailpaw is in the medicine den with Rookpaw right now so I'll have to finish that up with Moony before he and Redwing can train, maybe Finchstar and Redwing can do something together? It's a struggle only having 4 characters D: I know my reply is super short so I can do more once you tell me whether you want Redwing to stay and chat with Finch or not)
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:51 pm

(Ya he can stay and chat. Maybe she can stop him from going over to Quailpaw?)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflame Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Goldy wrote:(Omg I totally forgot about the hind leg thing oopsss I guess Quailpaw did too)
Quailpaw crouched with his ears flattened back, overcome with shame. "My paw feels better now-" he started to protest, although it was beginning to throb, no doubt a result of his showing off. "I didn't realize I-" his eyes widened in dismay as he saw the herbs that he had scattered. His protests were futile and he shrank back, feeling guilty. I shouldn't have boasted about my training. I know Rookpaw wishes he was becoming a warrior too. "I'm sorry, Rookpaw." Quailpaw apologized quietly after the black tom moved to the back of the den. He debated internally whether he should stay in the den with Rookpaw or leave him alone, but ultimately decided he didn't want to disregard the tom's orders by leaving and further upset him. Besides, hiding from the conflict and sulking wouldn't make it go away, as much as the anxious cat would like it to.

Rookpaw's anger decreased as he finished counting up his herbs. Once his head cooled, he went back into the main den, pleased to see the Quailpaw was still there.
"Okay, you can go know, let me know if it hurts again." He said coldly.

(sorry for the short reply! it's so you can rp w twist)
Moonflame
Moonflame
Warrior

Herbs : 61
Fresh-kill : 19492

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:17 pm

"Redwing, come back here!" Finchstar instructed lightly. "I believe Quailpaw hurt his hind paw last night while I were, ah, absent. He doesn't need to train this morning, surely?" She had briefly talked to the camp guards upon her return, and the warriors had told her the news of Quailpaw's injury. "I thought perhaps you'd like to spend time with me today." The black she-cat looked expectantly at the large tom with her head cocked slightly to the side.

(We can keep RPing with Rook and Quail if you want! It looks like me and twist are going to RP with Finch and Redwing for now, it's up to you)
Quailpaw looked up from the lazy spirals he had been tracing in the dust next to the moss bed. He tried not to show his hurt from Rookpaw's cold meow, but at least the black tom no longer seemed to be in a rage. "Are you sure? I can help you sort herbs if you'd like. Or bring you new bedding, or..." the gray-brown tom's voice trailed off. He still felt rather guilty about upsetting Rookpaw and hoped he could make it up to him somehow.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Redwing paused in his tracks. glancing over at Finchstar, he gave a quick nod, and turned and padded back over. he sat back down and curled his tail around his paws. The whole day off? It felt odd, but he said nothing. He glanced at his leader "Where were you, by the way, last night?" He asked, a tone of curiosity in his voice. "what happened that couldn't wait for today?"
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Finchwing narrowed her eyes in a way that she hoped would convey her displeasure at his question without showing anger. I was only hunting, but that's hardly his business! "I went to the lake." She was about to explain herself before she remembered that she didn't have to. That should suffice as an explanation for any loyal deputy. She sat next to the red tom. "Have you had breakfast yet? I was just about to eat this fish."
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Redwing noticed her displeasure, but gave no reaction. "Whoops ooooh gosh... I hope I didn't get her mad. I didn't mean to offend her..... Wait.. What WAS she doing then?" He nodded to her "no, I haven't eaten. Thank you for your offer, Finchstar." He couched by the fish, subtly waiting for her to take the first bite before he took a bite of his own. He watched her with a soft expectant gaze.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Finchstar crouched next to the fish as she saw the tom waiting for her to take the first bite, and instead of beginning to eat she met his eyes steadily, knowing that expectant and hungry cats made better listeners. "So, Redwing, what do you suggest we do today? Perhaps we could check past the tundra border. It's a bit of a trek for for the cold weather, but we should make sure there aren't any foxes or wolves too near our territory." She knew that deputies usually sent three or more cats with strong Abilities for these expeditions, and that her gift tired quickly and might not be reliable in battle with a large enemy. As far as Finchstar knew, Redwing didn't have any Ability, but he was a strong and capable cat who she had confidence would fight to the death to defend his Clan, so she couldn't imagine an enemy getting the better of the two of them. The leader finally took a bite of the fish, still looking at Redwing to gauge his response.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Redwing watched her intently as she looked up at him, and began talking. Although he hid any impatience he felt. Once she was finished, he nodded without a second thought. "Yes, Finchstar, we can go." "haha, I knew it. She wouldn't give me an entire day at camp like that." He also knew that he should send out cats with strong Abilities to do this, or at least bring one along, also it would most likely be a bad idea to send both the leader and the deputy on a dangerous mission like this, especially without back up, but he was rather inclined not to challenge his leader, so as he watched her take her bite of the fish, he began mentally preparing himself for the worst.

Not only were there foxes, and wolves near their territory on the mountains, but there were cougars too. And cougars were tough for wolves to deal with, and huge animals like HORSES were called their prey. If he and Finchstar encountered that on their little expedition, he could call them as good as dead. Still, he showed none of his apprehension as he took a bite of the fish, keeping to the other end of the meal from his leader as to not disturb her. he fluffed his fur slightly, suddenly feeling the tension in his shoulders. "having any interaction with Finchstar is like trying to walk through  a thistle bush without getting scratched. You have to be super careful where you put your paws." He closed his eyes as he went for another bite. Relishing the soft squishy meat of the fish, and not caring when he swallowed a bone. Most cats didn't.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:21 pm

(Nice simile haha)
Finchstar didn't sense any uneasiness from her deputy, but still felt the need to reassure him. "It should be fun!" I suppose Redwing doesn't see the danger of looming threat as a thrill the way I do. "I haven't scouted in the tundra since I was a warrior. Hopefully it'll be a peaceful walk, nothing more." She took another bite of the fish while flexing her claws in the dirt. Secretly, she hoped for a chance to use her skills and ability in combat, but, of course, she didn't let Redwing know that.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:25 pm

(Haha thanks xD)

Redwing finished his half of the fish, and sat up, licking his lips he could see the slight disappointment in her gaze, and the reassurance in her tone. He didn't want to explain his thoughts, considering the contradicted hers, but gave a slight nod "Hopefully. It should give us some time too... Catch up..." "urgh" He blinked calmly at her. wrapping his fluffy tail around his paws as he waited for her to finish her half. "when would you like to go?"
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Finchstar swallowed the last morsel of fish and sat up. "No time like the present!" She meowed, pleased at Redwing's agreeableness. She stood and shook out her pelt, which only made it appear even scruffier. "Put another cat in charge or organizing patrols for the day. We likely won't be back until after nightfall." She looked at the sky, which was only just beginning to lighten with dawn. Of course, scouting patrols were exempt from the rule stating that cats must never eat their prey outside of camp, since they often took close to a full day to return. She and Redwing would have to find something to catch in the tundra.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Redwing nodded, and turned, padding up to a warrior which he had always trusted to take care of things when he needed to be out of the camp, and asked them to take care of patrols for the day. Explaining he had already woken up the dawn patrols but they needed to be told where to go today. He then turned and walked over to Finchstar, giving one last glace over he shoulder as he watched the cat leap onto the place where leaders and deputies normally made announcements.

Looking back at his leader, he gave her a slight nod. "Shall we?" He was not excited for this. He watched her with a slightly tired gaze. The tom often seemed tired, and quiet.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Finchstar ignored the tom's lack of enthusiasm. "Let's head out." She padded through the gorse camp entrance with her black tail raised high. The outing was mainly meant to be something to do for Finchstar, who was often bored by the menial duties of a leader. She didn't particularly care what they found, and didn't plan on forcing any more unwelcome interrogations or tests on her deputy. Still, she hoped the two could carry a conversation on the walk. "So, Redwing," The black leader began in a tone ambiguous to casualness or indifference, "How has Quailpaw's apprenticeship been going?" Finchstar had never cared much for younger cats, but she hoped the gray-brown tom would prove himself a strong warrior in the future with Redwing to train him.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Redwing followed her, matching her pace. "Quailpaw's training is going well. He has a bit more to learn, but in a moon or two he should be ready for his assessment." A moon or two felt like a short time, but it would actually be quite a while. Redwing wasn't much for conversation, so his answer was fairly close ended. But he got the feeling she wanted to maintain a conversation, so he tried his best. "Who was your first apprentice?" He assumed she had had one, being the leader after all.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Finchstar's tail flicked slightly. "I never had one. Ravenstar thought I wasn't experienced enough." Her dark whiskers twitched in amusement. "I don't know if I would ever give myself an apprentice. I don't have patience for them." A large log blocked their path, and Finchstar casually levitated it for the two cats to pass under. She thought about the dead leader's, her father's, constant underestimation of her. How wrong he was. Finchstar wondered if the old black tom was fretting in StarClan about the way Finchstar ran her Clan.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Redwing hesitated a moment before passing under the log, then trotted to pick up the pace so he could catch up to his leader, and once again matched her step. He barely kept himself from wincing as he heard the loud thud of the tree behind him as he walked.

He hesitated a moment before replying to her though. "You've never had an apprentice? I would think you would have had several before taking the leader position." He made a point not to say 'became deputy' without really putting emphasis on it. A part of him wondered if her lack of time as a deputy made her the leader she was now? Naah... She had to have been crazy before then, to kill her own brother. He looked at the ground in front of him at the dredged up memory. He had been a fairly new warrior then, just gaining the trust of his clan. They came to a river, and Redwing paused in front of it. He flexed his claws, then leapt in. The water sucked at his neck and back fur, while the fur underwater flowed loosely around his churning paws. Swimming was not a strong suit for such a heavy built cat, but it was doable, not agreeable, but doable. It took him several minutes to cross. And once he did, he had a displeased look on his face, and shook out his fur.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Finchstar looked at her deputy, then at the ground. I was only a warrior for two seasons before that day. I wasn't even experienced enough to be a mentor when I became leader. Her features darkened as she recalled the fate of her brother. He was from an older litter and the two were never close, but the guilt of his murder dragged on the leader's mind every day. She had her nine lives, but she didn't know if StarClan had forgiven her or whether she would go there when her reign ended. Her brother hadn't been among the cats to give her her lives.
Finchstar snapped out of her thoughts when she felt wetness on her paws and saw Redwing plunge into cold water. The river was small, not much wider than a stream, but was far too deep to wade through. The black cat watched as her deputy struggled to swim across. She peered into the churning water and saw a stone glimmering a few feet below. Using her Ability, she pushed the water away from her and stepped delicately on the wet rock. The river's flow was interrupted by the invisible shield she cast around herself, and the water roared around her and sputtered towards the sky. Finchstar noticed another stone, and another, and soon she was hopping from rock to rock, the effort of parting the river pounding against her skull. Redwing was already on the other bank as Finchstar made her final leaps across the rocks. "Hanging in there, Redwing?" Finchstar asked above the river's roar as water sprayed her fur.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Redwing watched her as she crossed the river. The water flowing around her like she had a bubble. It was a little eerie, and he could tell she was barely holding it. Once she pulled herself onto the shore, Redwing was slammed with a wave of the water as it crashed back down into into it's normal path, and splashed up as a result. He looked away as it sprayed his face, and his fur was once again soaked. He sighed, and shook himself out, again. "Was that the best idea?" he murrowed, allowing a touch of annoyance into his tone to make his point. "We need to conserve our energy in case we meet a wolf or cougar. I personally don't want to die." He then picked up the pace, going at an energetic trot to try and get away from the backlash of the chide he gave his leader.

(Haha I think I said Chide right)
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Finchstar started to feel a burst of outrage at Redwing's somewhat snide comment when she took in his wet fur, soaked again by the crash of the water when she released it. Amusement bubbled in her voice when she retorted, "At least I don't look like a half-drowned rabbit." As Redwing trotted away, a wave of pain and nausea swept over Finchstar and she had to sink to her knees for a moment to regain her composure. He's right, I shouldn't have used my ability unnecessarily. She abruptly stood before Redwing noticed she wasn't following him and trotted quickly over to him so their strides once again matched. "Race me to the border?" she suggested to the tom, hoping to appear as healthy as ever. "The wind will dry your fur."
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Redwing however, knew better, and to conserve her energy replied "No thanks, ma'am. My paws are a bit tired after the swim. Before I can run, I think I've got to rest them up a bit." to prove his point he moved to a slower more leisurely walk, although to keep up the charade, he kept his gaze looking ahead with a calm expression. Taking a moment to scan the scenery around them. Waiting for a moment when she wasn't looking, he glanced at her, to try and read her expression for pain.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Finchstar's eyes only revealed the slight anger that she had lost her grasp on. "I'm perfectly capable, Redwing. If I say we keep moving, we keep moving." To prove her point, she trotted briskly ahead, the pounding headache dulling to a slight throb. His concern is unappreciated. He may mean well, but he undermines me and makes me look weak at every turn. The black leader's paws skidded a bit on the slippery earth, but she was too frustrated to be more careful with her steps.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next