Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

+2
Tornadostorm
Goldy
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Tornadostorm Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Redwing saw her, and struggled really hard. The red-furred tom was breathless by the time he reached the top. He limped over to Finchstar, crouching by her. He looked at her slicked fur, and felt guilty, but just put off a 'let's get down to business and deal with it' air. He crouched and licked the tip of her ear a bit. Making sure she was still conscious and responding well to him. He then lay down next to her. Before he could do anything to appease his leader, he had to take care of himself. He licked his sore paw tenderly. Struggling not to flinch as he twisted his paw to reach it. He was just glad he could still walk.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Herbs : 152
Fresh-kill : 33174

Back to top Go down

Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mythic Glade (MountainClan RolePlay)

Post by Goldy Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:01 am

Half delirious, Finchstar opened her unfocused eyes and let out a choked purr of amusement, only vaguely aware of the cat lying next to her. "I did it, Redwing." She rasped, laughter bubbling in her voice. "I beat the water." She raised her mew to nearly a shout. "I beat the water!"
She tried to stand as she raised her head to the sky. "You can't take away my courage!" She snarled to the stars. "You tried, you took my life, but you'll never steal my dignity!" Her voice rose to a screech. "I've beaten you!"
Abruptly, she flopped back onto the ground and resumed her wheezing purr, still breathless.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Herbs : 41
Fresh-kill : 18949

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Redwing watched her with an expressionless face. Once she was done yowling to the sky, he asked "What are you talking about?" Had the water somehow made her delirious? He barely kept the fur on his spine from spiking as she collapsed back to the ground. Purring. What?

"Y-we should both see Rookpaw when we get back to the clan." He murmured, making it sound like he was saying it to himself. He didn't really like how she was behaving. Something MUST have happened when she lost that life to the wolf earlier. She was going insane! And that was saying something, considering how mentally 'stable' she was before. He slowly blinked with a calm expression.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:59 am

Finchstar was hardly aware of Redwing's presence until he suggested going to the medicine den. "I'm perfectly fine, my deputy." She mewed in a cool tone that only revealed a fraction of her anger.
To prove her point, she tried to stand up, and managed to balance shakily on all four paws. Walking, however, would be a challenge.
She was a bit irate that Redwing didn't even seem to have attempted to rescue her, but showing anger about this would be a sort of admission that she wasn't completely confident in her ability to save her own neck. Besides, she proved her capability by climbing out of the river herself, didn't she? And wouldn't she be just as angry at him if he had tried to save her like a drowning kit?
Still balancing with her legs splayed apart, her fur still dripping and her energy drained, she looked down at Redwing. "Are you ready to go back to camp?"
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Redwing's paw hurt a bit still, but he stood anyway. Making him rest the injured paw on the ground "Yeah." He answered calmly. He easily picked up on her agitation with him. Internally he seethed, what had she expected him to do?! He wouldn't have been able to stay above water if he had jumped in after her. Especially if he was trying to hold her weight.

In fact, how dare she judge him?! She would be mad no matter what he did! He internally started imagining various conversations he could have with Finchstar. Imagining any explanation, excuse, or retort he could give her, and each response she might give. Not in one did he realize he could satisfy her. His anger grew. "I'm glad your safe." Redwing glanced at her expectantly as he limped along. Reading her for an update on her condition. He hadn't yet realized that her anger could be a good thing. At least she was getting back to... Normal...
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:49 pm

"So am I." Finchstar ignored the edge beneath the warrior's words. Every step put tremendous strain on the black she-cat, but she fought to hide this by keeping up a steady pace. She stopped for a moment turned to look back a the water.
Nothing.
She didn't feel the same irrational panic that usually overcame her at the thought of swimming. Perhaps it was just her sheer exhaustion, but maybe fighting her way out of the water had killed the fear that had piqued at her mind since she was an apprentice.
With renewed energy in her steps, she walked a bit faster next to her deputy. "Make sure to tell our warriors about the slain wolf." She broke the silence with a proud slight raise of her head. The two cats had done well to kill the wolf, and she hoped that her Clan would be put at ease by the death of a predator.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm

(I'm finally coming to join :D)

Cat’s name: Lakestone
Ability/limits of ability/do other cats know of it?: Underwater breathing, which he can keep up for around 10 minutes before he starts to become disoriented (does that sound like a good limit?). Other cats do know about his power.
Rank/desired rank: Warrior
Personality/skills: Lakestone is a rather soft-spoken cat with a playful and generally carefree nature. Tense situations easily make him feel uncomfortable, giving him a tendency to shy away from them. However, if such a situation becomes dire enough- especially if it involves the safety of his Clan or loved ones- he will show his lesser-seen more serious and responsible side.
Ever since Lakestone discovered his Ability, he has trained to become a proficient swimmer, making it now one of his strongest skills. He is a fairly average hunter and fighter, but struggles with climbing.
Appearance: Lakestone's short, thick pelt is lightish gray in color with a few small, dark blue spots scattered around it, and his toes are snowy white. His eyes are a similar blue to the spots on his fur, but a slightly lighter shade.
Backstory: N/A (I have a vague idea, but I'll wait until it's more complete to add it here)
Other: N/A
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Herbs : 113
Fresh-kill : 28202

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 am

(Awwww ye!!! Hey Misty <3 cool character!)

Redwing nodded "Yes, ma'am" limping at a pace that matched hers. Although the limp was growing slowly less and less noticeable. He looked out at the scenery around them. A question came to Redwing's mind, but he didn't feel comfortable asking. So instead, he silently padded after his leader, listening to the area round him for predators

The sun was slowly setting by the time he scented their own border markers. It was quite the relief to cross them. At this point, he was ready for the day to end. It had been exhausting.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am

In her own territory at last, Finchstar's stomach growled. Her panic and swimming had drained her energy, and the thrush she had caught earlier in the day lay forgotten on the riverbank. The familiar scent of pine and the setting sun marking nightfall felt like an immense relief after the day Finchstar had.
"Perhaps our warriors will have saved some prey for us." The cats of MountainClan were probably eating now, but Finchstar and Redwing would be too late to join them. As exhausted as she was, she didn't think she could sleep. Perhaps she would go on a walk after eating and resting her paws.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Redwing continued on in silence. He wasn't as hungry as his leader. But he felt so tired he felt like he could misjudge a step and fall onto his face. He kept walking though in silence. And his expression showed none of his lack of energy. The scents of the pines around his home brought him some comfort, however, and he relished in their sweetness.

The darkness around them slowly grew. Redwing could hear the soft noises of the creatures of the night waking up. Ahead of them, Redwing noticed a dark shape. Huge, and still. He hesitated, parting his jaws and scenting the air. It was the camp! They had made it! He picked up his pace, forcing himself to ignore the lingering pain in his paw, which had mostly faded to a dull ache. He loped into the clearing, slowing as he looked around. It was all but empty. Without Redwing there to assign a guard it seems as though none had volunteered. The long furred tom pinned his ears. But before he could take care of anything else, he needed to eat, and rest. He walked towards the fresh-kill pile, there was a few things left over from the day before, but not much. He picked a mouse off the pile, and dragged it away from the pile. He then half sat, half collapsed down, and started eating. Curling his tail over his paws.

Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Finchstar glanced around the camp, noting that no cat had stepped up to be guard in Redwing's absence. The red tom didn't seem to care as he began to eat, but Finchstar was infuriated that no one cared enough about their Clan to protect it. Her head swung wildly around, looking for some cat to blame, and her accusatory gaze fell on Lakestone, the only warrior in the camp. "Why did no cat assign themselves to guard duty?" Her voice was an angry calm, and she stepped towards the blue-spotted tom, her teal-ringed tail lashing. "Have you taken the day off from patrols, too?"
(She's hangry)
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Lakestone's head whirled around when he suddenly heard the less-then-pleased sounding voice of his leader. "Oh! Finchstar...!" he gasped, sounding rather startled and quickly giving a respectful, slightly nervous bow of his head. "I-I'm not sure why-... N-no, definitely not...!" he stammered in a failed attempt to sound calm as he responded to her questions. "I could go and take on guard duty right now, if you need me to...!" the tom hastily added in suggestion.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Finchstar narrowed her eyes at the nervous tom, then shook her head, the fire fading from her glare. "No need. Redwing can assign one of your fellow warriors to guard duty once he's eaten." She flicked her tail towards her deputy, who was munching on a mouse. "Have you eaten yet? I was just about to have a fish if you cared to join me." Finchstar remembered the days when eating with the Clan leader was a privilege, but she knew that a half-eaten fish would start to smell by morning and she'd rather not waste prey in cold season.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistystar Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:09 pm

The fur on Lakestone's back, which had started to bristle anxiously upon hearing Finchstar's angered words, once again settled down when her gaze appeared to grow less piercing. His nervous expression then began changing to one of surprise as the leader invited him to join her for a meal. "N-no, actually... But I was just about to," he responded, glancing briefly in the direction of the fresh-kill pile. "I'd be honored to join you," he added, once again failing to sound entirely calm as a hint of eagerness slipped through in his tone.
Mistystar
Mistystar
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Redwing glanced up when he heard Finchstar shouting. He was about to jump in and defend the warrior when he saw her features soften. He then finished his mouse. He the stood, and shook his drying fur out. He had heard Finchstar mention he should try and find a cat to guard the camp tonight other then Lakestone. He sighed, and padded to the warriors den. He found the warrior he had told to keep an eye on the camp while he was gone, and padded them awake. "Hey. You. You forgot to assign a guard for tonight" He stared at the tom with a blank face. "You're guarding. Get up" He nosed the warrior to his paws, then headed to his own nest, and flopped down, curling up.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Finchstar's whiskers twitched with tired amusement at the warrior's earnestness. It had been a while since any of her Clan had treated her with anything but wariness at best, masked disgust at worst. She told herself she preferred their fear, but it was somehow more natural to be at ease with the cats who had been her peers only a few moons prior. She hooked a fish with her claws and tossed it lightly between them, its scales now dull and dry with dust. She watched as Redwing left and another warrior padded to the empty guard's post, looking disgruntled but sheepish. The leader's stillness was an invitation for Lakestone to have the first bite of prey.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Bluepoppy walked out of the warriors' den from her short nap. Hungry, she padded to the fresh-kill pile and grabbed a fish. She sat down and began to eat her fresh-kill. While eating, Bluepoppy was thinking of heading out of the camp for a walk, maybe catch more prey. I could use some air right now. Bluepoppy considered bringing along another warrior to keep her company while going out for a walk. Who should I ask? After finishing, she stood up and walked toward the camp exit.
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Herbs : 87
Fresh-kill : 39345

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 am

Redwing couldn't sleep. He didn't understand why. He was sooooo tired and soooo sore! But he felt like his mind was pulling at his eyes, keeping them open. Eventually he gave up falling asleep, and stood, shaking out his fur. He then sluggishly made his way out of the den, sat at it's entrance and looked around.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Finchstar looked up from the fish and trained her gaze on Bluepoppy, tracing her walk to the camp's exit. It's a bit late for a walk. The black leader thought, then pushed the suspicion out of her mind. It's not doing me any favors to be so untrusting of my subordinates. She looked back at the warriors' den to see Redwing standing in the entrance with tired eyes. He couldn't sleep? I wonder what's keeping him up. "Redwing, care to join us?" She called out, not bothering to mask her boredom.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:43 pm

The red furred tom glanced over, and with a quick nod, he pulled himself to his paws, and made his way over to Finchstar. “Evening.” He murrowed to her. Gently curling his tail around his paws. He watched Bluepoppy leave the camp. His ears subtly turning towards her. Instead of bringing her up, however, he murmured “what’s keeping you up, Finchstar?” He couldn’t handle the silence any longer. But somehow Redwing couldn’t think of anything else to talk about, even after their ordeal earlier that day.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Finchstar nodded coolly at Redwing's greeting. She didn't hear his murmur, and she flicked her tail, irate at the lack of conversation. "The days are getting longer." She commented as the last of the sun's rays shone over the glade.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Bluepoppy walked out of the camp and into the vast forest. She took a breath of the fresh, cold air through her nose. She padded to the lake. In the lake's reflection, she could see many stars. She took a few paw steps into the water. She felt a fish brush against her forepaw. Bluepoppy slashed the fish with her claws, and then buried the fresh-kill nearby, where she'd remember to dig it back up again to take back into the camp. Bluepoppy caught a few more fish, and buried them with the fish she had already buried. After catching a decent amount of fish, Bluepoppy looked at the stars in the lake once again. I should probably head back to camp soon. It's getting darker.
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornadostorm Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:49 pm

Redwing nodded to Finchstar. "It's warming up too." He addded. "I don't think New Leaf will keep us waiting much longer." He flexed his claws. Where was Bluepoppy so late at night? She was gone so long.... He itched to go look at her, using his Ability, but hid the desire well. There was no logical, or easy way to subtly go look for the missing warrior. And he hadn't remembered assigning any patrols this late either. He barely stopped himself from sighing, and tried to refocus his attention on his conversation with Finchstar. Worried the conversation's stagnation might cause something a bit more dangerous to brew underneath between him and the dark she-cat next to him. He kept his gaze calmly watching the entrance. showing little interest in the night in general. He felt tired, somehow.. Just... Tired.
Tornadostorm
Tornadostorm
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusbreeze Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Bluepoppy stood up and took the fish she caught and carried them in her jaws. Wow, I've really overdone it, I caught so much fish, and they're huge! At least now we don't need to worry about restocking for a while. Ah, I've spent long enough doing nothing. I should head back right away. Bluepoppy walked straight back to camp. While walking through the entrance, one fish dropped out of her jaws. "Urgh," she growled to herself, and picked the fish back up. She then carried the fish to the fresh-kill pile, and retired to the warriors den for the night. She was going to fall asleep satisfied that there will be enough food. She remembered how when she was a kit, before being found by Finchstar and Redwing, she was starving and had been suffering a lot. She did not want this to happen to anyone she knew.
Lotusbreeze
Lotusbreeze
Medicine Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldy Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:26 pm

The narrowing of Finchstar's eyes revealed her agreement with the red tom, but she said nothing. Instead, she set about cleaning the fish's blood from between her claws. A cold wind swept through the glade and buffeted the short fur of Finchstar's spine. The young leader felt relaxed, although she could sense the tension of the cats around her. She thought they seemed to regard her as an adder poised to strike. Her venom was her power, and she was glad to keep her warriors in check. She was pulled out of this repose by the sound of pawsteps entering camp and some quiet muttering. Bluepoppy. She was pleased to see that the young warrior had caught so many fish. Prey seems to be more plentiful than it has been in recent moons. She fixed the dark she-cat with an approving glance, but the warrior didn't seem to notice and was already heading back to the warriors' den. "It's getting a bit late, isn't it, Redwing?" She remarked in monotone.
Goldy
Goldy
StarClan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next