Enter the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossover: Apocalypse

+4
Roseblossom
Shimmer da Freakin Queen
Silverstar
Swallowfeather
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Crossover: Apocalypse - Page 2 Empty Re: Crossover: Apocalypse

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 am

Norway felt Haku place her hand on his shoulder, and he clenched the ground even tighter, rage filling his body. Again, he was actually expressive of it now, and he pounded his fist into the ground, leaving a dent in the soil. "Why? Why?!" The blonde shouted angrily, then he quickly stood up and whirled around, facing the remaining four fairies. "Who did this?!" He demanded. Gina, the elegant pink fairy, flew forward a bit, her face tear-stained, much like the other three fairies' faces at the moment.
"We don't know. It was a large, black and shadowy dragon-like being... We've never seen anything like it..." She paused to sniffle. "He demanded that all the creatures in the forest obey his command... And we refused... So he... He..." Gina couldn't continue and started sobbing again. Then, Joy, the cyan fairy, came forward. "He was holding something, too... It looked like a ribbon." She added.
Norway reached out and let Tera, Bithia, Gina, and Joy settle into his cupped hands, and he held them closely to him.
So everyone is gone, then... By this mysterious malevolent, power-hungry being... He thought solemnly as he listened to the four fairies sob.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:34 am

Haku looked sadly at the little fairies, feeling heartbroken at the sight of their tiny, tear-stained faces. When she heard the mention of a ribbon, however, she suddenly sat up straight. "Did you say... a ribbon...?" she asked slowly. So I guess stealing someone's prized possession wasn't enough for it; it also had to go and destroy a bunch more lives while it was at it, too...
Haku's teeth clenched and a very slight growl rumbled in her throat. "Whoever that was," she snarled, "I'm going to find him." She stood up, clenching her fists and tightening her muscles. "I'm going to find him... And I'm going to HURT him. I want him to feel as much pain as I can possibly make him feel before he's through..." After saying this, she grabbed her weapon, jumped into the air, and came down with a crash, smashing the ground with the hammer.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Herbs : 229
Fresh-kill : 32812

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 am

Norway noticed Haku's interest in what Joy had said about a ribbon, and he could tell by the way that she acted that it must have been what she was looking for. The blonde country could tell that she was talented with her weapon and that she meant business from her little speech and demonstration, and he glanced down at the sobbing fairies in his hands. They looked back up at him with large, broken eyes, and he became expressive yet again -- this time, gaining a look of determination. "I'm coming with you." He said bluntly and grit his teeth. "That monster destroyed my home and killed off nearly all the fairies in the forest... They... They raised me... And I'm going to avenge their demise by securing his own." Norway said, and the fairies in his hands looked up at him, their faces brightening at the sight of potential hope. Then he blinked, glancing to the west. "We should head out. The scent of smoke travels on that way, and I can detect his presence was once in that direction..." He paused and closed his eyes, trying to sense out a possible lead. Then he opened his eyes again with a sigh. "He definitely went west." He gestures that way and headed onward. "Lets go give revenge where it's due, Haku."

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:54 am

Haku stood tall and looked at Norway as he spoke, a look of determination in her eyes, nodding. "Right; I think a good whooping is in his future... As much as he can take before it finishes him. And I sure hope we can get a lot of hurting in before it's over..." She took off to the west, tightly gripping her formidable hammeraxe. As she went, she hefted the weapon up and down, even throwing it in the air and catching it again before passing it to her left hand and doing the same thing over again. She appeared to be using it as a sort of dumbbell to strengthen her muscles even more.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:02 am

The Norwegian nodded, following by her side as his expression faded into his default stoic face. He kept the fairies in his hands, though he glanced down at them and noticed that all four were exhausted. He chuckled a bit. "You all can rest. You're safe, I promise..." Norway cooed to them and lifted his sailor hair to put the fairies underneath, then he set his hat back on his head. That was where the fairies would like to sleep in the cold nights, so it felt natural to let them relax there. With his hands free, Norway slipped them into his pockets, blinking as they followed the road before them. "Haku." He said softly. "If you don't mind me asking... Based on your reaction to my identity..." The blonde glanced over at her stoically. "Have you met any other personified countries like me?" Norway asked, knowing all of the other countries in the world, though despite having connections with them all, he preferred to live by himself in that quiet forest... But now, he was technically a wanderer, as was Haku.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:18 am

Upon being asked this question, Haku stopped what she was doing and looked at the ground for a moment before replying. "... Yes, actually... Two of them." She paused again, now looking at the sky. "... They were both very nice... One seemed like a kind gentleman. Almost... fancy. As for the other..." She almost trailed off again as her memories swirled through her head, but continued. "... He was so... Jolly... When we first met, I thought he would be obnoxious and treat me like something less than human... But... He turned out to be so... friendly. We shared several happy moments... The meals we ate together were like something out of a dream... And we were always there to support each other, and he always seemed to be making sure I was happy and safe..." Again, she trailed off for a moment, her eyes getting a little misty. "... It's been a while since I last saw him... I-I... miss... him..."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 am

Norway nodded as he listened to Haku's short explanation, and he found it a bit odd that she didn't mention the countries' names, but he figured it would be too painful or something of the sort. Besides, by their personality descriptions, he couldn't think of anybody specific off the top of his head on who they could have possibly been. He knew plenty of fancy as well as jolly countries, and he didn't want to press her for information if she didn't want to give it out. "Ah... I see... The 23 year old remarked in a slightly sympathetic tone, continuing onward. "I'm sure you'll meet again someday. That's the feeling I get." Norway said positively, and he could see the looming silhouette of a village on the hilltop some ways ahead of them. The sun was starting to set, and he figured they would have to stop for the night up there -- amazingly, it seemed the village was still intact. "Perhaps we could rest up there?" He questioned, pointing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:36 am

"I sure hope so," Haku replied, sighing. "I would do anything to hear their voices again. Especially that... laugh..." She then spotted the village he was pointing at. "... Alright, I think that would be perfect... I sure hope they have good food there, too. The fruit I had earlier was good, but I'm still so hungry..." The thought of a big, juicy steak or a couple of burgers caused her to nearly drool.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:52 am

Norway continued the trek up the hill, his stomach growling when Haku mentioned food. The boy blushed a bit from embarrassment at the sudden sound, though he chuckled despite his emotions. "Looks like I agree with you... Luckily, the fairies can feed themselves." He gestures to his hat. "They like to nourish themselves on dew and fruit, which they can make themselves." He gave a content sigh. "They're so efficient.~" Norway added as they reached the entrance of the sleepy town, and he looked around. There wasn't a whole lot happening at the moment, and the Norwegian spotted a motel not too far off. "Up there." He pointed. "We can stay over there... But we should eat first."

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 am

Haku smiled a little as Norway spoke, and she quietly listened to him. When they arrived in the town, she saw the motel. "Yes, it looks like a good place to rest. It's definitely a step up from the cold ground in the wilderness." Just then, her stomach spoke up, sounding as if there was an erupting volcano inside of it. "... But yeah... I think we're in serious need of food," she said awkwardly. "Let's hope we can find something good to eat... We'll need the energy. And we'll need something to make our stomachs stop crying out like this; the sound of them could let dangerous wild creatures know we're close by." Haku couldn't help but chuckle slightly as she said this.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Haku's words oddly amused him inwardly, and the blonde Norwegian felt a sense of peace settle over him for the first time since the forest burned down. His determination to avenge the death of the fairies and many of the other magical creatures that perished in the inferno was standing strong, and he felt as if he had a new purpose in life -- for now. Norway entered the village and spotted a farmer's market, the stands of fruit, vegetables, and fresh-cut meat made his mouth water a little bit. "Farmer's market." Norway said to Haku, being a man of few words, and sauntered over. He grabbed a basket or two and filled them both with meat, fruits and vegetables, and with his free hand, Norway dug into his pocket for his wallet to pay. However, once he pulled it out, a pickpocket raced by and snatched it right out of Norway's hand.
"H-Hey!" Norway shouted, staring in disbelief as the thief began to make its getaway. "Stop! Thief!" Norway shouted.
A little ways down, another blonde man was sitting on a bar stool by a juice bar, though he was indulging in a cup of tea rather than juice. His legs were crossed in a sophisticated manner, and he was in a casual collared shirt and long khaki pants. He suddenly heard a voice calling out a thief, and the gentlemanly man turned just in time to see the pickpocket race by with a wallet. Quick as a blink, the man lashed out and caught the thief by the wrist, and he squeezed a pressure point, causing the thief to writhe. "Could you be the cause of all this ruckus?" He asked with an obvious British accent, sipping his tea again. "Perhaps you should be a good boy and return it, yeah? Or, if you're unwilling..." The blonde man squeezed the pressure point harder, which caused the thief to drop the wallet on the ground. "I'll just take care of it. Now get, and don't let me catch you again." He commanded and released the thief, who shamefully sulked away. The man picked up the wallet and glanced up just in time to see Norway running up the path. In a pleasant voice, he called out to him. "Norway! Is this yours?"
"Yeah! Thank you, England!" Norway said, taking the wallet back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Haku strolled to the farmer's market with Norway, her eyes growing wide with excitement at the sight of all the delicious food. It had been so long since her last big meal; after disaster struck and she was separated from her traveling party a while back, she was forced to live off of only what she could find in the wilderness. As she could never bring herself to harm any animals, this meant that her current diet consisted of only berries and other plants, which wasn't enough to completely fill her and keep her strength up fully.
Suddenly, something went awfully wrong. A lowly thief took off with Norway's wallet; the key to their meal. Haku gritted her teeth and stamped her foot, thoroughly fed up and desperately craving food. She bolted after the thief as fast as she could, shouting at him with a growl in her voice. "Get back here NOW!"
Thankfully, a gentleman skillfully stopped the thief in his tracks and retrieved the stolen item from him. Haku skidded to a stop before him, and when she saw this "stranger's" face, gasped quietly. He looked very familiar, but could it really be one of her old traveling partners? When she heard him call Norway by name as if he knew him, then heard him being called by his name as well by the country she had just met, it confirmed what she was thinking.
"E-England...?" Haku stammered, surprised, "Y-you're here too...!" Being a rather emotional person, her eyes grew a little moist. She was very relieved to see a familiar face again and to see that he was alright.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:26 pm

England had just handed Norway his wallet when Haku skidded to a stop before him. At first, he didn't recognize her right away since he was worried that he was having wishful thinking and it might turn out to not be her, but when she spoke his name, the country smiled. "It's you, Haku!" He was so excited that the British nation embraced his old friend and swung her around happily. "I've been wondering what happened to you!~"
Norway, however, just watched blankly. "You two know each other?" England must have been one of the countries she met before... But who is the other, then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Haku gave England a big hug back, which may have ended up being a little rougher and tighter than she intended. "Yes, it's me...!" she replied happily.
Haku then turned to face Norway. "Yes; we do, actually," she replied to him. "He was one of the people I was questing with before. A really great guy to have on your side, I'll tell you."
Haku then turned back to England. "I'm so happy; you seem to be doing fine... As for what happened to me, after we got separated and once I could see again, I decided to get stronger... Which I did, I think. I feel stronger, at least. I haven't had a good meal in a while, though... I'm starving...!" Surprisingly, she said this last part with a bit of a laugh.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 pm

England rather enjoyed the tight hug, and after he set her down, he heard the conversation between Haku and Norway. He blushes a little from the praise she was giving him, though he adjusted his collar to hide his shyness. He nodded at what she did after they got separated, and he sipped his tea from his thermos. "I see. Well, after the separation, I had to go back to my homeland and check up on political things... But I wanted to find all my old friends again, so I journeyed back here to search." England paused, figuring she was going to ask him about a certain someone sooner or later, so the British 24 year old went ahead and got it out of the way. "And, as far as I know... America went on a sort of soul-searching experience. He said he 'had to find himself and figure out who he was', and then he left. I don't know what he means or what he wants to find... But he said he'd return soon." He put a hand on Haku's shoulder reassuringly. "And you know how America is: he always keeps his word."
Norway nodded in agreement with England on his last statement, and at the mention of food, he recalled the baskets of fresh meat and other food. "Oh, right." He remarked. "I have food here, and I can cook for us in the hotel room..." He snapped his fingers and a room key appeared in his free hand, and Norway jingled it. "I made a reservation while you two were chatting." The Norwegian made a face that could almost be called a smile, and he headed towards the motel while England followed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Haku nodded slightly as England spoke, and when America was mentioned, her eyes lit up. "So he's okay... I'm sure he is. He's strong and fearless... I'll be looking forward to his return..." Her eyes gently closed as she took a deep, but gentle and peaceful, breath as she daydreamed about their reunion. If one looked carefully enough, one would notice that her cheeks turned a very soft shade of pink.
However, Haku snapped out of her daydream at the mention of food. "You did?" she replied to Norway, "Perfect; thank you...!" She followed right behind the two countries as they headed to the motel, eagerly anticipating the moment where they all could finally relax and eat their fill.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Norway walked up the stairs to where their room was and unlocked the door; entering and setting the baskets down on the counter in the kitchen. The Norwegian then carefully took off his hat and gently placed Gina, Joy, Tera, and Bithia inside it again once it was on the table, smiling as he checked on his fairy family. "I'll go ahead and cook." And with a slightly serious tone, he blinked slowly before speaking again. "Don't wake up the fairies." Norway said bluntly in a way that made you want to listen to him, then he turned around and started to chop the meat and fire up the stove.
England followed and held the door open for Haku before entering himself, and he smiled at the sleeping fairies. Like Norway, England could also see magical creatures, though his magic skills were actually really limited: all he could do is summon a helper fairy that could do housework. "Aw..." England said with a smile, then headed back into the main room, plopping onto the couch and unwinding. "I'm exhausted and starving.~" He said with a yawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Haku dipped her head in thanks to England as he held the door open for her. She carefully entered the room, then decided to go and quietly watch over Norway's fairy friends for him for a moment before joining England on the sofa. She stretched and sprawled, resting her arms across the back of the seat and slouching ungracefully. "It's so nice to be somewhere comfortable and safe for a change... And the fact that we'll be eating soon just adds to this greatness...!"
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 am

England was in a similar position as Haku, though he lazily rolled off the couch and onto the floor, sprawled out on the carpet and staring at the ceiling. "I'm glad we're getting together now... And I'm glad Norway is cooking." He said, stretching his back. "He's got a good sense of himself in the kitchen.~"

Meanwhile, somewhere far away...

The sound of ocean waves lightly lapping against the shoreline was all that could be heard for miles around, and the sight of the beautiful sunset on the horizon reflecting onto the water was breath-taking, the rays coloring the ocean all sorts of wonderful shades and hues of gold and orange. A lone figure stood on the sand, his arms crossed as he stared off into the distance, a thoughtful look on his face. How long had he been traveling on his own? Three months, now?
Yes.
It had been three months since the ragtag group of adventurers had been separated, forced apart by a horrid and long-lasting curse. Of course, he had been able to get away with his brother, but he missed all of his friends. The sudden memory of all his past companions flooded his mind like a monsoon: the friendly cats, the kind Vocaloid twins, his own brother, the plumber clad in red and overalls... And the white-haired girl that he'd promised to be her hero.
He sighed and let his hands slip into his pockets. He believed that after such a long time apart, maybe...
Maybe it was time to try and regroup.
... Perhaps.
The figure cracked a small determined smirk and smoothed his golden-brown hair, then he turned on his heel and took off, leaving behind only his footprints in the sand.

[I had a ridiculous amount of muse for you-know-who, so I have a sneak peek.~]

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 am

Haku couldn't help but giggle. "I'm glad, too," she replied to England, intentionally sliding down to sit on the floor beside him. "I wonder what Norway's doing with the ingredients he has to work with? I can't wait to find out..." She turned her head to look towards the kitchen. "Do you think we should go in there and give him a hand? I think that would be a really nice thing to do... Unless we'll be doing more harm than good by interfering."
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 am

Her suggestion of helping out Norway intrigued him, and England stood up with determination. "You're right, I should probably go in there and help hi--" He was cut off by a random spatula flying through the air and smacking him square on the forehead, which had been thrown by Norway. Though he knew England meant well with trying to help, Norway knew exactly what would result in England cooking: an explosion. It was no secret the British nation couldn't cook. At all.
The fairies, however, were awakened by the sound. The four magical beings silently flew into the room and settled on the coffee table, rubbing their eyes sleepily. Joy, the cyan fairy, flitted over to England and gently patted his forehead. "Hey Arthur.~" She greeted him by his human name, a sign of closeness, since the two magical countries were friends.
"'Ello, Joy.~" England greeted, while Gina flew over to Haku and started to pet her hair.
"I like your white hair.~"

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 am

When the spatula came flying and collided with England's forehead, Haku gasped, then a laugh escaped from within her belly. "Are you alright, England...?!" she asked; she had to make sure he was okay before laughing any more.
Just then, Haku noticed the tiny creature who came to see her, and a gentle smile spread right across her sweet face. "Hi there," she said softly, "and thank you. Some people think it looks strange, but I'm glad you like it." She carefully held a palm up for the fairy to land on if she wanted to.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 am

While Joy was occupied with England, Tera and Bithia joined Gina to play with Haku's hair. The two fairies began to put it into a lovely French braid style, the twin fairies giggling at their handiwork and enjoying themselves.
Gina, on the other hand, accepted Haku's palm and settled down there, sitting on her knees. The pink fairy waved up at her with a smile. "We love to play with people's hair.~ It's so much fun for us fairies.~" She paused and gestures towards the kitchen. "Though Norway hates it when we style his hair and put flowers in it in the middle of the night.~" Gina giggled again, feeling happy for the first time since the forest went up in flames.

Meanwhile...

He'd travelled for several hundred miles by foot and by horseback before the night had fallen completely, and now the sky was dappled and lit up with millions of stars in the sky... At least, thats how it was on the side of the world he was on. His blue eyes reflected the lovely starlight as he admired the spectacle, the sound of his campfire crackling bringing his attention back to where he was. Currently, the figure was stationed in a large grassy field, stopping here for the night. Somehow, he got the feeling that his brother was comfortable and safe... Which he was thankful for.
With a small trademark laugh, the figure settled down with his oversized blanket on the soft grass and curled up. Blinking his blue eyes, he began to hum the song he and his brother would sing together. He was asleep within minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swallowfeather Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 am

Haku smiled at the fairies who had gathered around her. "Well," she replied to them, "don't worry; you can do whatever you want to my hair. I won't bite; I'll just go along with everything..." Since the fairy in her hands was too tiny for her to hug, she instead very carefully dipped her head and touched her forehead to the top of Gina's tiny head, taking great care to be as gentle as possible.
Swallowfeather
Swallowfeather
Vigilant Guardian
Vigilant Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 am

The fairies that were braiding her hair began to finish up their little styling project, and they tied off the end with a small piece of thread they found nearby. "There.~ all beautiful.~" Tera remarked, and Bithia nodded happily.
Gina smiled at Haku's little forehead gesture and returned it gently, before playfully poking at the Vocaloid's nose.
Suddenly, the sound of a ladle clanging against a pot rang throughout the motel room from the kitchen. "Eat or it gets cold." Norway called bluntly, though it seemed that England had arrived at the table instantaneously-- the British nation was starving.
On the table laid a grand display of multiple foods: chicken, steak, pork, salad, sauces as well as spices of all kinds, and there were even multiple fruit tarts made for dessert -- fruit tarts were considered a special delicacy in the country of Norway.
England's mouth watered. "This looks amazing, Norway!" He exclaimed while biting into a whole chicken leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next